Benching

Firing

ANYTHING!
    Ideas?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    I honestly don't know what the team needs right now, so I'll take a stab at an idea of mine...

They need a sparkplug, a guy who is going to light them up again. A few weeks ago it was Shaw/Hayes. But that was obviously not what they needed for sustained success.

I believe if they start getting physical out there, hitting guys hard and knocking guys out of in front of the crease it could start things going in the right direction. As much as I hate to say it, a loose cannon like Carcillo out there could really help them get back going again. What happened to the first 2 months of Jamal Mayers when he was getting in scraps with guy on a nightly basis? Where is that intensity? Where is Montador grabbing guys by the jersey?

Noone on this team wants to be the enforcer, everyone wants to be a scorer. They need a role player out there to start lighting the opposition up and taking them off their game. Right now, every team is coming into the Hawks games, attacking the net mercilessly and hitting all of our forwards with no repercussions.

Its time to fight for the playoffs Hawks, this team is 100% talented enough to get on a major winning streak without even a trade. A #4 defenseman would of course help, but it wouldn't solve the problem albeit for a week or two.

My key is physical play, if they dont start that soon, they may find their way out of the playoffs soon.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Blackhawks need to trade for a stay at home Dman who will pound the other team.

I wouldn't be against firing an assistant coach...Kitchen. Might send a small message to the rest of the team and the coaching staff.

vCash
    Not gonna say I told you so... but... There is no way an assistant gets fired unless Bowman mandates it. Kitchen was brought in at the request of Q. They are good friends from back in the St. Louis days and Haviland is prolly the better of the two assistants. If Bowman were to just fire Kitchen, it would simply piss off Q. If Kitch goes.. so would Q have to go as well. That game last night was a joke. Once again.. zero coverage in our zone. I lost track of the friggin 2 on 1 rushes coming at Emery.

Whats a trade gonna do??? Remind Keith, Seabs and the rest of the horrible D corps how to play their position??? What is happening here goes way beyond a player trade. Q has lost this team.. they are not listening.. dont care.. whatever. You want a shake up.. there you go. This Hawks team is becoming very Bear like. The buddy network has taken over and needed decisions are not being made. Bowman needs to do his job and fire Q. Let Haviland take over to finish out the year. Way to much talent on this team... but it would be very helpful if they installed a very strict D first system. If there is a system... these guys simly dont care to play it. I got ripped for my fire Q comments before.. you cant ignore this anymore. I totally agree we need to be more physical.. but this team cannot even play basic hockey in its own end.
    Last edited by 1990; 02-08-2012 at 11:51 AM.

vCash
    StanBo will NOT fire Coach Q! He has 2 years left on his contract and even if the team is ignoring him or what have you, Rocky & Co. are already paying a certain goalie almost $5 million to play in Europe. They are not going to pay a Coach to sit at home.
    Everyone needs to come off the ledge and stop considering jumping! Losing streaks happen. Look @ BOS or DET at the beginning of the year all 5 & 6 game losing streaks. Havi & Q gotta sit down and see what went wrong and how can they correct it. Beginning of January they were the No.1 team in the NHL. Its only gonna get tougher as the season goes on. I don't expect much come trade deadline no should anyone. The team we got now is gonna be the team that will hopefully lead us into the playoffs. Everyone in that locker room needs to look in the mirror and get geared up to play the best hockey they know how...back to basics baby! Its a simple game. Enough with the superman capes &Q exploding pucks. Time to go one of my favorite movies ==> Kevin Costner in Tin Cup: Time to grip it & rip and let the big dog eat! GO HAWKS!
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWKS.NO27 View Post
    StanBo will NOT fire Coach Q! He has 2 years left on his contract and even if the team is ignoring him or what have you, Rocky & Co. are already paying a certain goalie almost $5 million to play in Europe. They are not going to pay a Coach to sit at home.
    Everyone needs to come off the ledge and stop considering jumping! Losing streaks happen. Look @ BOS or DET at the beginning of the year all 5 & 6 game losing streaks. Havi & Q gotta sit down and see what went wrong and how can they correct it. Beginning of January they were the No.1 team in the NHL. Its only gonna get tougher as the season goes on. I don't expect much come trade deadline no should anyone. The team we got now is gonna be the team that will hopefully lead us into the playoffs. Everyone in that locker room needs to look in the mirror and get geared up to play the best hockey they know how...back to basics baby! Its a simple game. Enough with the superman capes &Q exploding pucks. Time to go one of my favorite movies ==> Kevin Costner in Tin Cup: Time to grip it & rip and let the big dog eat! GO HAWKS!

We got fat early in the year... now we are getting hammered when the games are more important. Look around the league.. the better teams are stepping up at this point. The play of this team may have ruined Crow and he was a solid looking goalie. You say dont fire Q??? Do you really think Q is gonna go tell Kitchen.. your D zone and PK setup sucks... change it. This is all Kitchens setup that Q signed off on. That shoulda been done a long time ago.. Im not a fan of this either.. but its gonna need to be done. How many more games do we lose before somebody does something?? And if this team tanks and fails to make the playoffs... Bowman should follow Q right out the door. All teams have bad streaks.. but I have never seen the Wings play like this... lose..yes. Play like they have never been on the ice.. nope.
    Last edited by 1990; 02-08-2012 at 12:20 PM.

vCash
    At the LEAST, fire an assistant coach to make a statement. Fire Kitchen. Isn't he the special teams 'architect"? I think their overall system needs to change. D zone coverage needs to completely change. Cannot, in this day and age, allow so many shots on goal, especially from the point when our d are so inept at clearing out the crease. PP is an absolute joke. The whole offensive scheme, with SO MUCH cycling in the corners and noone in front of the net, DOESNT WORK!!! Look at how few shooting opportunities they get between the faceoff dots. Look at how many wraparound or back door plays they attempt, which no longer work. Eddie Olczyk always talks about controlling the puck behind the goal line. That's fine but not at the expense of a vacant slot. I'm so sick of seeing the 3 forwards cycle in the corner, then eventually cough up the puck without a shot on goal. They look like a little, harmless dust storm in the corner! Other teams just sort of wait it out until they make a bad pass then break it out 3-2 or 2-1. This has nothing to do with talent...it's the system and that's on the coaches. Look at the Flyers. North-south game. ALWAYS getting players and pucks to the net or other high percentage shooting areas.

On to goaltending...we have average goalies. We had an average goalie take us the the stanley cup. Our average goalie now (Craw) is actually a better fundamental goalie than Niemi. Now, he's not playing like it, but he can get it back. Emery has had some good games, but he rarely challenges the shooter and overreacts to a shooter coming down the wing. This leaves the far side of the net wide open ( see the Ave's third goal last night and at least one of Gagner's goal s the other day) . reminds me of Turco the way he mispositions himself. He made some good saves lat night but also let in 1 or 2 softies.

Having said that... neither Craw or Emery should be subjected to so many 2-1rushes against like we saw last night. No goalie in the world is gonna routinely stop the 3-1 we saw after Keith AGAIN misplayed the puck and the Aves waltzed in tfor a score. Sure we need 2 stay at home defensemen, but is that gonna eliminate the mistakes he makes? Ok, less ice time means a better rested Keith. But it doesn't make him smarter or more aware of who is where in the d zone! It doesn't get his shots from the point blocked any less!

Last point (rant) is this, and I'm just wondering out loud about this one. Does anyone think that maybe some of these free agants-to-be who would have to waive their no trade clause would NOT want to do it if they knew they were being traded to the hawks. In other words, what is the league-wide perception of the hawks and their actual chances of a deep playoff run this year? What is their perception of the Hawks as a TEAM (talent, chemistry, locker room, coaches, system, etc)? Tough to answer, I know, but could there be something to this?
    Last edited by Ort; 02-08-2012 at 12:38 PM.

vCash
    @Hawks No. 27.

Agree, but shouldn't this have been done 4 games ago? In otherwords, why the hell haven't they picked themselves up by the bootstraps and righted the ship starting with this road trip. They had the allstar break to make a clean break from the 2 Preds games. OK, so the Van game was good, so why not build on that?
    Last edited by Ort; 02-08-2012 at 12:37 PM.

vCash
    It's getting close. The most likely outcome over the next 5 gms is 2-3, & I'm not even sure if we can expect the PHX & COL games to be wins any more. It's looking more like the cap victims that thrived under Q have been replaced by mismatches. The blame then goes to both Bowman & Q. This team was a lot more physical when Buff was here.

vCash

What the hell do we do???

Q did the remedial hockey school on how to play D... fail! He did the ever helpful line juggling.... fail! Hes swapped goalies looking for someone to stop the puck...fail! Now his captain is getting worked over nearly every game and nobody is sticking up for Toews... EPIC FAIL!!!!! This team has quit.. Quit on the coaches.. more importantly they have quit on themselves. They are not doing the most basic of things out there.. They are distracted.. they have no emotion. We are now three games away from being out of the playoffs. Thats a joke people.. It has to be done.. Q and Kitchen need to be fired as soon as they land back in Chitown. Let Havi run the show and bring Popper up from Rockford to run the D and the PK. To allow this to go any longer makes no sense. It just has to be done... What do we do now? We remove some coaches and try to get this ship floating again..
    Last edited by 1990; 02-12-2012 at 02:32 AM.

vCash
    This team won't be winning any games until changes are made, so until this team realizes that fact, this losing streak is going to continue and continue without any ending in sight. A few trades aren't going to help when your top players don't have any heart or grit, and play like they're beaten already when they get scored on. They seem to be getting considerable shots on goal at times, but even with that, they just don't look like the team that won some games earlier in the year. What I think that they should do is explore making changes on the coaching staff, because a different system and mind may help. We need a fresh start and a new approach going forward to attempt to get this team back on course.
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 02-12-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Been in Chicago since 1883!

Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Chicago Cubs - Chicago Blackhawks - Chicago Bears - Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I hate overreacting but, this team is def. in need of something. I mean this losing with the talent we have is unreal right now. Someone really needs to find a way to spark this team.

vCash

Angry Beating a dead horse.

I'm new to this forum, but not new to the frustration of being a Chicago Blackhawks fan. Old time fans like myself will recall the saying: "You may come out of our building with a win, but your gonna pay for it". Those days have been gone for a while now! Intimidating winning hockey is achieved two ways. First, You need to physically and verbally punish the other team. Getting into their heads, and giving them something other than strategies and match-ups to think about. Second, you need to have so much talent and depth, that other teams cant keep up with your 4 lines. They know that cheap shots and bad penalties will only result in goals against. Say what you will about our "Cup" winning team, but we were NOT a physically punishing team! we had depth and skill to burn, and a bulging payroll to match! That was then: But what now? Now we have a great amount of "first line" talent. That's it! that's all we have. I agree coaching is a problem when you ignore the problems that your special teams have been having all season long! No, Coaches can't step in the lanes and block a few shots..but they CAN make damn sure they put players in who are willing to do so. Is it time for Q to go? Hard to tell for sure, but I for one am getting damn tired of hearing Pat and Eddie talk about "How well a Barry Trotz team is coached, and how you're always in a fight with a Dave Tippett lead squad. It seems this team is in dire need of finding an identity. That my friends, falls on the shoulders of our GM and our coaching staff!
    Last edited by HIT2WIN!!; 02-12-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: grammer

vCash
    I'm new to this forum, but not new to the frustration of being a Chicago Blackhawks fan. Old time fans like myself will recall the saying: "You may come out of our building with a win, but your gonna pay for it". Those days have been gone for a while now! Intimidating winning hockey is achieved two ways. First, You need to physically and verbally punish the other team. Getting into their heads, and giving them something other than strategies and match-ups to think about. Second, you need to have so much talent and depth, that other teams cant keep up with your 4 lines. They know that cheap shots and bad penalties will only result in goals against. Say what you will about our "Cup" winning team, but we were NOT a physically punishing team! we had depth and skill to burn, and a bulging payroll to match! That was then: But what now? Now we have a great amount of "first line" talent. That's it! that's all we have. I agree coaching is a problem when you ignore the problems that your special teams have been having all season long! No, Coaches can't step in the lanes and block a few shots..but they CAN make damn sure they put players in who are willing to do so. Is it time for Q to go? Hard to tell for sure, but I for one am getting damn tired of hearing Pat and Eddie talk about "How well a Barry Trotz team is coached, and how you're always in a fight with a Dave Tippett lead squad. It seems this team is in dire need of finding an identity. That my friends, falls on the shoulders of our GM and our coaching staff!
    Well Put!

vCash

These problems started last season

I noticed it last season. No checking or grit. Vancouver checked them into oblivion during the playoffs. They are worse off this year. They came in believing they were going to score 7 goals a game. Not gonna happen. Byfuglien, Versteeg, Ladd & Brower where are you!! These guys were the glue on that Cup team. Mayers, Montador, 'Car Bomb' & Morrison are a far, far cry from what those guys brought to the table. This could get uglier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast