Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 129 of 129
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,084
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    you bold my post nthen still misread it? i didnt say he is an all star right now. Im not making anyone look bad seeing how if i really wanted to i could make a decent case for ET this year over a good handful of all star level players from a statistics standpoint
    ET Wont ever be an allstar player at any point in his carrer that should have been obvious on draft day let alone 3 years into his carrer.

    in his carrer he might fluke into 1 allstar game but i wouldnt hold my breath on that.


    2012 allstar

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9,331
    vCash
    2970
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    ET Wont ever be an allstar player at any point in his carrer that should have been obvious on draft day let alone 3 years into his carrer.

    in his carrer he might fluke into 1 allstar game but i wouldnt hold my breath on that.
    i dont get how u can say that with confidence? I mean hell u have his stats in ur sig. Your gonna tell me if he continues to improve off being a 15/7/4 player he wont make an all-star team? He very well is starting to look like a potential 18/8/5 player and that my friend is an all star. Can he sustain this level of play, i dont know, we will see.

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,283
    vCash
    1500
    Beal has done very well the last few games. He is really showing his potenial despite the Wizards losing.


    PAPI SMASH!

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    501
    vCash
    1500
    He don't have star potential...but he can be really good player in the future

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,084
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    i dont get how u can say that with confidence? I mean hell u have his stats in ur sig. Your gonna tell me if he continues to improve off being a 15/7/4 player he wont make an all-star team? He very well is starting to look like a potential 18/8/5 player and that my friend is an all star. Can he sustain this level of play, i dont know, we will see.
    i dont think 47.5% from Deep is sustainable
    i dont think he would have 7 RPG if this where a good team with decent rebounding
    I also doubt his scoring would be this high on a good team
    that's the key here to make the all-star game unless its trough fan vote you typically have to win.
    You also need to be a standout guy on a team that Wins.
    even if in the next few years we turn out good with/without Bynum Turner wont be our best player when we do. If anyone gets an alstar nod within the next few years its Jrue


    2012 allstar

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,178
    vCash
    1500
    This is Crawford's 3rd year and I believe he is now 24 versus Beal is still in his 1st year and 19. I will agree with you that I don't have definitive proof that Beal is better, but I do have circumstantial evidence.
    I was comparing Crawford at 22 to Beal at 19. I don't think that's even a very significant difference, considering Beal's always been shorter and slightly heavier, and body build is more important than tree years' difference.

    Crawford is a career 41/31/81 shooter on 13 shots with this year just being a hair better. Beal so far is 36/32/86 on 11. Which is better?
    For his rookie season, Beal is 35.8 percent on his field goals, 30.5 percent from three and 84.3 percent from the line. For his career, Crawford is 39.4 percent on his field goals, 28.8 from three and 81.4 from the line. The differences at least equal out, and Crawford has kept a 3.6-percent higher field goal percentage throughout two and a quarter seasons.
    Crawford's also averaging 3.5 points per 36 minutes more than Beal, who gets slightly more playing time.

    If we're talking about rookie years, we're talking about Beal having higher true shooting percentages and effective field goal percentages as well as superior offensive and defensive ratings. Crawford actually produced a negative win share his rookie year.
    Beal averages 47.1 on his true shooting percentage and 41.3 percent on his effective field goal percentage. While Crawford averaged 45.6 percent as a rookie, he's averaged 47.9 percent over his entire career. He also averages a 43.8 effective field goal percentage. He's also got a higher percentage as a rookie.
    While averaging a slightly lower true shooting percentage as a rookie, he scored two more points per 36 minutes.
    Check your numbers better.

    All that and here's really what is at the heart of my Crawford argument: he's a chucker. He's played enough seasons with a low enough FG% and a high enough volume of shots to classify him as that. He just looks better right now because the Wizards are hard up for scoring options just like the Wolves with Beasley a couple years ago. Beal is adjusting to the league, Crawford has been chucking at 18attempts/36minutes for 3 years now.
    As for him being a chucker, he's averaged more points per 36 minutes and a higher effective field goal percentage, so he must be doing something right. He has been a more effective and efficient scorer over two and a quarter seasons than Beal has been in a quarter of a season.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,337
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I was comparing Crawford at 22 to Beal at 19. I don't think that's even a very significant difference, considering Beal's always been shorter and slightly heavier, and body build is more important than tree years' difference.


    For his rookie season, Beal is 35.8 percent on his field goals, 30.5 percent from three and 84.3 percent from the line. For his career, Crawford is 39.4 percent on his field goals, 28.8 from three and 81.4 from the line. The differences at least equal out, and Crawford has kept a 3.6-percent higher field goal percentage throughout two and a quarter seasons.
    Crawford's also averaging 3.5 points per 36 minutes more than Beal, who gets slightly more playing time.


    Beal averages 47.1 on his true shooting percentage and 41.3 percent on his effective field goal percentage. While Crawford averaged 45.6 percent as a rookie, he's averaged 47.9 percent over his entire career. He also averages a 43.8 effective field goal percentage. He's also got a higher percentage as a rookie.
    While averaging a slightly lower true shooting percentage as a rookie, he scored two more points per 36 minutes.
    Check your numbers better.


    As for him being a chucker, he's averaged more points per 36 minutes and a higher effective field goal percentage, so he must be doing something right. He has been a more effective and efficient scorer over two and a quarter seasons than Beal has been in a quarter of a season.
    Beal's rookie season is in progress... his numbers obviously are going to be different when you get around to responding a couple weeks later. So that is a ridiculous comment.

    I'm going to give you a couple guesses as to why Beal plays more. Then, I'm going to tell you it's because the coaching staff knows Crawford is a chucker whereas Beal attempts to get his teammates involved and because Beal is a rookie who needs time to adjust to the league and show what kind of player he really is.

    The sample size is too small on Beal and the returns are too early to make any solid determinations. Crawford has had time to show what he is and "Buckets Junior" as I just heard him called on TNT last night is a chucker.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    It's bholly, isn't it... That guy has been trouble since day 1! Haha, just kidding..

    Dude. Come back to us!

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Beal's rookie season is in progress... his numbers obviously are going to be different when you get around to responding a couple weeks later. So that is a ridiculous comment.

    I'm going to give you a couple guesses as to why Beal plays more. Then, I'm going to tell you it's because the coaching staff knows Crawford is a chucker whereas Beal attempts to get his teammates involved and because Beal is a rookie who needs time to adjust to the league and show what kind of player he really is.

    The sample size is too small on Beal and the returns are too early to make any solid determinations. Crawford has had time to show what he is and "Buckets Junior" as I just heard him called on TNT last night is a chucker.
    You can say "chucker" all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Crawford's been a more prolific and efficient scorer over two and one-quarter seasons than Beal has in one-quarter of a season. If that's the case, you could call Beal a "chucker" for being a less efficient scorer.
    As for getting other teammates involved, Crawford averages 2.8 more assists per 36 minutes. He gets 2.3 more assists per game than Beal even while getting slightly less playing time.
    Let's both agree that making judgments on Beal's overall worth is pointless at this time.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •