Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    why bcuz hes younger? it doesnt work that way.
    Because he has better athleticism and an elite skill (supposedly) to couple with that youth unlike ET who was supposed to be a seasoned all-around good at everything but great at nothing player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Because he has better athleticism and an elite skill (supposedly) to couple with that youth unlike ET who was supposed to be a seasoned all-around good at everything but great at nothing player.
    what elite skill set does Beal have? hes suppose to be an Eric Gordon shooter type of player. Its Turner with the elite skill set not Beal

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    I get that his shooting percentages are bad; but, as I pointed out, he only needs to make one more shot per game and one more 3 pointer out of every five to get his basic percentages on par and that will raise the advanced stats as well.
    One extra shot ain't helping his O rating that much.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    what elite skill set does Beal have? hes suppose to be an Eric Gordon shooter type of player. Its Turner with the elite skill set not Beal
    Like I said, Beal is supposedly an elite shooter. He's not shooting lights out, but 33.3% from 3 and 87% from the stripe does suggest that he can adjust.

ET came out without any particular great or elite skill, but rather a perceived ability to do a variety of things well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    One extra shot ain't helping his O rating that much.
    I'm not an advanced stats expert so I don't know exactly what he'd have to do to get his TS% and EFG% where it needs to be, but he can start with improve his basic stats which are just 1 make (out if the attempts he already takes) and 1 more out of every 5 threes (out of what he already takes) from being on par with Ray Allen's rookie campaign.

vCash
    Like I said, Beal is supposedly an elite shooter. He's not shooting lights out, but 33.3% from 3 and 87% from the stripe does suggest that he can adjust.

ET came out without any particular great or elite skill, but rather a perceived ability to do a variety of things well.
    ET's rebounding is Elite for his position. Im not sure why u think Beal shooting 33% from 3 suggests he can improve?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    I actually think a more accurate comparison might be James Harden. Many thought he was a bust after his rookie year, but he was given some time to develop into his role. That's what Beal needs. He has a good shot form, and a pure stroke. There's no reason he can't improve those shooting percentages.

vCash
    ET's rebounding is Elite for his position. Im not sure why u think Beal shooting 33% from 3 suggests he can improve?
    As far as Turner, that's not what he came into the league promoted as. Elite skills came up when discussing why Beal has more potential. Further, Philly is not a great rebounding team 26th with Thad Young at SF (I know he plays PF too) also grabbing 7 boards a game. Since we are talking about defensive rebounds, I have a hard time attributing the numbers they are grabbing as wings to their own "elite" ability but rather to a combination of playing style and sub-par rebounding by the bigs.

Beal's shooting 33.3% means he's still efficient as far as Points Per Shot which is the same number as you get shooting 50% from 2pt range. He is a volume 3pt. shooter so it is encouraging to know that he can hit them at a decent rate even as he's not getting other shots down. His free throw shooting is another positive sign as it shows he has solid form (85%) and that he is dealing with the speed of the game and adjustment to the NBA versus having a flaw in his shot.
    Last edited by topdog; 12-10-2012 at 02:01 AM.

vCash
    Evan Turner is bigger and more versatile than Bradley Beal. Considering how well Jordan Crawford is doing, I don't think Beal could even get the time in the foreseeable future to be as active as Turner.

vCash
    As far as Turner, that's not what he came into the league promoted as. Elite skills came up when discussing why Beal has more potential. Further, Philly is not a great rebounding team 26th with Thad Young at SF (I know he plays PF too) also grabbing 7 boards a game. Since we are talking about defensive rebounds, I have a hard time attributing the numbers they are grabbing as wings to their own "elite" ability but rather to a combination of playing style and sub-par rebounding by the bigs.

Beal's shooting 33.3% means he's still efficient as far as Points Per Shot which is the same number as you get shooting 50% from 2pt range. He is a volume 3pt. shooter so it is encouraging to know that he can hit them at a decent rate even as he's not getting other shots down. His free throw shooting is another positive sign as it shows he has solid form (85%) and that he is dealing with the speed of the game and adjustment to the NBA versus having a flaw in his shot.
    thad never plays any SF

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    thad never plays any SF
    None? I remember he did when he first came into the league and ESPN still have him listed as SF. Regardless, my point is that I don't think you can call a guy an elite rebounder at his position when his team doesn't rebound.

The 76ers are 19th in the league in rebounding and their point guard averages nearly 4 a game (and more offensive rebounds than ET). Dorell Wright averages the same number of rebounds per minute as Turner. He is not an elite rebounder, rather he is a player on a small-ball team who is playing a lot of minutes comparatively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Evan Turner is bigger and more versatile than Bradley Beal. Considering how well Jordan Crawford is doing, I don't think Beal could even get the time in the foreseeable future to be as active as Turner.
    Jordan Crawford is not good. Beal is the future and will get minutes. Beal is more athletic than Turner and is performing better overall than ET in his rookie year (not that that is saying much).

vCash
    None? I remember he did when he first came into the league and ESPN still have him listed as SF. Regardless, my point is that I don't think you can call a guy an elite rebounder at his position when his team doesn't rebound.

The 76ers are 19th in the league in rebounding and their point guard averages nearly 4 a game (and more offensive rebounds than ET). Dorell Wright averages the same number of rebounds per minute as Turner. He is not an elite rebounder, rather he is a player on a small-ball team who is playing a lot of minutes comparatively.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't turner set the NBA record last season for rebounding rate for a guard?

That has to mean a little something.

edit: it was DRB%, but still, it was a record
    Last edited by SeoulBeatz; 12-10-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    KJ MCDANIELS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't turner set the NBA record last season for rebounding rate for a guard?

That has to mean a little something.

edit: it was DRB%, but still, it was a record
    Yes, records are nice, but I have a hard time calling someone an elite rebounder when his offensive rebounding rate is barely better than O.J. Mayo. That 20% defensive rebound rate is huge, but also very fishy.

vCash

dont get me wrong i argee with u on that but Thad hasn't played SF in a few years now he has gotten bigger and is an undersized PF.
    nothing personal or anything but it always has buged me when people assume he is a SF or assume he can be pluged in there he never had perimeter skills to begin with outside of and average jumper and improves his post skills every year he is a low post scapper a 2nd chance points kind of guy any 3 that was in his game is just about gone.

2012 allstar

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast