Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 129
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well, its easy to improve upon a rookie season where you were garbage. What I mean is, Turner doesn't project as anything but a nice role player.
    No gripes from me. I think he can be a spot starter on some teams or decent 6th man.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,903
    vCash
    1500
    He was drafted too high. They should have taken Robinson or Barnes

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,008
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Turner has a skillset unlike Beal, who is just a shooter (a bad one, never got the hype). Turner won't be a really good NBA player, but can be a nice role player imho.
    I still don't get the comparison. Do you? I don't disagree with anything you've stated. Is it that they were both high picks?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I have a hard time believing he will be a legit starter, unless he is masked as simply a playmaker.
    I think he will definitely be a starter for the rest of his career. He is the kind of player I would love to have on the Knicks. If Shumpert developed into his form (minus the long 2's, keeping Shump's ability to get to the rim and draw contact) his re-emergence would make the Knicks a serious championship contender.
    Last edited by KnickaBocka.44; 12-09-2012 at 02:57 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I never understood why the 76ers didn't take Favors especially considering how Brand wasn't working out.
    The GM at the time was under a lot of pressure to take the college player of the year. They chose what they thought was the sure thing as Turner was proclaimed NBA ready.

    At the time, even I thought he would be better than what he has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I still don't get the comparison. Do you? I don't disagree with anything you've stated. Is it that they were both high picks?
    Yes, this isn't a fair comparison just based on physical tools and age alone. Beal has much more potential/room to grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,008
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Yes, this isn't a fair comparison just based on physical tools and age alone. Beal has much more potential/room to grow.
    He does? How so? Not saying I disagree.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clutch City
    Posts
    1,832
    vCash
    1500
    I don't see star potential in neither of these guys no time soon.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Yes, this isn't a fair comparison just based on physical tools and age alone. Beal has much more potential/room to grow.
    In my mind he grows into a Monta Ellis type, at best. He doesn't have the height or length to be a very good defender at this level but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a high end inefficient scorer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,165
    vCash
    1500
    I don't get all the negativity around Beal. He's only about 1 FGM and 0.2 3PTFGM a game away from having the same sort of numbers as the players he was most compared to in Ray Allen and Eric Gordon:

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...albr01&y3=2013

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    The GM at the time was under a lot of pressure to take the college player of the year. They chose what they thought was the sure thing as Turner was proclaimed NBA ready.

    At the time, even I thought he would be better than what he has been.
    Still, the scouting reports essentially called him a "jack of all trades" - good at everything but great at nothing. Average athleticism, shooting, ect. I do understand that it was the "safe" pick (just like Wes Johnson was "safe" for the Wolves), but I thought it was very redundant with all the wings Philly had.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    He does? How so? Not saying I disagree.
    Turner was a 3 year player coming out that was thought to be more NBA ready.

    Beal is 19 and showed some production toward the end of his college career (can you have a career after 1 year?) that gave teams hope. Most time when you draft a teenager, you are projecting and drafting for upside.

    Risk/Reward type pick that I can't blame them for. Though Drummond, outside of Davis, would have been the guy for me. I just believe in taking chances on big men (unless they are total stiffs) and seeing if they can develop.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 12-09-2012 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,008
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Turner was a 3 year player coming out that was thought to be more NBA ready.

    Beal is 19 and showed some production toward the end of his college career (can you have a career after 1 year?) that gave teams hope. Most time when you draft a teenager, you are projecting and drafting for upside.

    Risk/Reward type pick that I can't blame them for. Though Drummond, outside of Davis, would have been the guy for me. I just believe in taking chances on big men (unless they are total stiffs) and seeing if they can develop.
    I'll give you youth and scenario. It's not fair to judge a 19 yr old after 20 games. And let's see how he plays next to Wall. But has Beal shown any flashes of greatness or anything that would suggest he's worthy of that 3rd pick?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,199
    vCash
    1500
    He sucks




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,028
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Still, the scouting reports essentially called him a "jack of all trades" - good at everything but great at nothing. Average athleticism, shooting, ect. I do understand that it was the "safe" pick (just like Wes Johnson was "safe" for the Wolves), but I thought it was very redundant with all the wings Philly had.
    It was the easy pick to make IMO. We didn't have a SG. Our starting 2 guard was Willie Green, backed up by Rodney Carney (lol).

    It was the clear pick to make especially after just drafting the PG for future Jrue and Iggy was coming into his own at SF. We had Brand, Dalembert, Speights, Thad Young, and Jason Smith in the frontcourt. SG was a much bigger need than PF, and Turner was the consensus college player of the year. It was a no-brainer.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •