Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 129
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Yea, his "all around game" gives people the impression that he's really good for some reason. To his credit he has improved every season he's been in the league though and the season is still young.
    well, its easy to improve upon a rookie season where you were garbage. What I mean is, Turner doesn't project as anything but a nice role player.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,330
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton749 View Post
    this rookie class has been a little dissapointing so far. i was expecting a lot out of them but not many have showed up so far
    I don't really think it was a "ready made" draft class. Davis (injured) and Lillard (4 year player) perhaps are the exceptions to that, but a lot of these top guys were seen as guys with great potential but no clear standouts.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,824
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    He leads all guards in rebounding, is shooting a very, very good % from 3, has better than a 2:1 assist/turnover ratio and plays great defense. Very above average if you ask me, or most others for that matter.
    Average is 15 PER

    Turner = 15.49 PER

    Very above average seems to be a stretch.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Average is 15 PER

    Turner = 15.49 PER

    Very above average seems to be a stretch.
    sure, but his TS% is well under average, and he is meh, when it comes to offensive ratings.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Yea, his "all around game" gives people the impression that he's really good for some reason. To his credit he has improved every season he's been in the league though and the season is still young.
    I don't know of many people who think Evan Turner's "really good". I think any casual fan either doesn't know who he is, or says he's a bust.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    sure, but his TS% is well under average, and he is meh, when it comes to offensive ratings.
    He needs to work on taking less long 2's, if he does that then his TS% will increase plenty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,824
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    sure, but his TS% is well under average, and he is meh, when it comes to offensive ratings.
    So what does that make him? Average? Or less so?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    He needs to work on taking less long 2's, if he does that then his TS% will increase plenty.
    yep, and increase drawing fouls on the drive.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    So what does that make him? Average? Or less so?
    with his PER? It makes his average. He is a nice role player going forward, not a player who needs a sweet deal, or a player to gameplan around.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    sure, but his TS% is well under average, and he is meh, when it comes to offensive ratings.
    Yes, and his 45% 3 point percentage is skewing things right now., along with his 52% from 10-15 feet. He has show a nice bit of improvement though (from being a rotational player to a legit starter so far this year). His shot selection stills needs improvement.

    Still, a lot of 76ers nation can't help but be encouraged because of how bad it has been the last couple of years
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Yes, and his 45% 3 point percentage is skewing things right now., along with his 52% from 10-15 feet. He has show a nice bit of improvement though (from being a rotational player to a legit starter so far this year). His shot selection stills needs improvement.

    Still, a lot of 76ers nation can't help but be encouraged because of how bad it has been the last couple of years
    I have a hard time believing he will be a legit starter, unless he is masked as simply a playmaker.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,330
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Yes, and his 45% 3 point percentage is skewing things right now., along with his 52% from 10-15 feet. He has show a nice bit of improvement though (from being a rotational player to a legit starter so far this year). His shot selection stills needs improvement.

    Still, a lot of 76ers nation can't help but be encouraged because of how bad it has been the last couple of years
    I never understood why the 76ers didn't take Favors especially considering how Brand wasn't working out.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,824
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    with his PER? It makes his average. He is a nice role player going forward, not a player who needs a sweet deal, or a player to gameplan around.
    Yes with his PER. You mentioned his low TS % and the other item. Aren't they factored in PER? I think we're on the same page. My claim was I never understood the comparison of Beal to Turner. Turner doesn't spell bust like others.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Yes with his PER. You mentioned his low TS % and the other item. Aren't they factored in PER? I think we're on the same page. My claim was I never understood the comparison of Beal to Turner. Turner doesn't spell bust like others.
    Turner has a skillset unlike Beal, who is just a shooter (a bad one, never got the hype). Turner won't be a really good NBA player, but can be a nice role player imho.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I have a hard time believing he will be a legit starter, unless he is masked as simply a playmaker.
    What your definition of legit starter? Above that of a role player?

    If he can keep his 3pt percentage respectable (which has been the result of the corner 3), continue to improve his FT rate/shot selection, and continue to add his rebounding with average defense. Currently, his FG% at the rim is at a career low. Plus Turner hasn't accepted what he is and is still trying to live up to the #2 pick.

    Does he have star potential? No, not even the next step beneath a star, but he has shown signs this year of being a respectable starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •