Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are the Nets starters their problem?

The Nets bench is unbelievable. They have Evans, whose averaging 8.6 boards a game, a young Marshon Brooks, Blatche whose having a comeback year and a solid trio of Watson, Stackhouse and Bogans.

But yet Deron is having his worst pro career, Johnson isn't doing what he did in Atlanta, Wallace is hovering around 10 points a game, Humphries isn't doing a double-double again and Lopez is back to Earth.

The Nets have the potential to be a 50-55 win team, but it's kind of shocking to watch how crappy their main guys have been, especially Deron. I think Deron will comeback, but I have to imagine their organization feels the same about him as the aura surrounding Melo was last year. His trade value had never been lower, same with Deron.

For a Net fan, it has to be alarming. 13-12 after tonight.

As a Knick fan, it's a little sad to see, I wanted the Nets to be elite, it made the rivalry that much more nasty. But IF the Knicks win 60 and the Nets 42-45, it's not going to have the same hype.
    Last edited by NYSpirit1; 12-19-2012 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    I never considered them a 55 win team, not even close to that.

Their still learning to play together, it wont happen overnight.

Their just not as great as their 3 obnoxious fans on this site would have you believe. There is nothing wrong that, their still a good team.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Every team has slumps and this is just a bad one. We started out 11-4 and are now 13-12. We've just got to get out of this and I think we'll be okay.

Long season to go.

vCash
    Been saying this for a couple seasons now...DWills is overrated and escapes criticism...his last season with the Jazz, they were not going to make the playoffs with him...he comes to the Nets and there is 0 improvement...it was a bad team but at least a 5 game or so improvement...

but we'll see, it's still early..the numbers don't lie...the excuse was well he didn't have the pieces around him, I can't wait to hear the excuse now..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Their still learning to play together, it wont happen overnight.
    Smartest thing you've ever said. You should walk off after this one.

vCash
    They were not as good as 11-4 (ridiculously easy schedule early on), but they are not as bad as 13-12.

And JJ is what he is at this point, can't expect him to go back to his glory days in ATL.

Deron is the interesting one, because its been a while now, at some point do we say maybe this is just a player that has fallen off?

I had them around 46 wins, and I think they'll fall somewhere around that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    but we'll see, it's still early..the numbers don't lie...the excuse was well he didn't have the pieces around him, I can't wait to hear the excuse now..
    We know he sucks. Felton is better and so is Kidd

vCash
    I really think the problem here is that the players don't match Avery Johnson's coaching style. With the right offensive plays and game plan I think they would be much better. Stan Van Gundy anyone?

vCash
    Just like the Knicks 2 years ago and last year, they will struggle, they were build 3 months ago.. Rome was not built in a day.. It will take time and when that time comes, the Nets will be a very very good team. By no means am I saying there not good, there a pretty good team that could put a nice run in the playoffs. They should fire Avery Johnson, I believe that's the Nets main problem.
    My team, my city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Maybe YOU should walk off after this one.

vCash
    I think it's too early to say this or that about the team. As cliche as this excuse is, they really just need time to grow and play together. I'm pretty sure it's a mental issue with Deron, he just needs to grow confidence. Same with Joe. They're both great players, they just need to stop hesitating and be more aggressive. A new head coach wouldn't be bad either.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    smh.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Maybe YOU should walk off after this one.
    Yes because any GM would agree with what I said lol

vCash
    Yes because any GM would agree with what I said lol
    Stop....just please....stop.

vCash
    Wavey isn't DMF expecting you for dinner?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast