Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,537
    vCash
    1500
    Lol cahoonas

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    yes, they will get rebounds. hundreds of them over twenty or so games.

    relative to other teams, they are not great. which is what you said. that's why they rank 20th out of 30 teams. if anything the Nets rebounding numbers have gotten better since the Lopez injury because Blatch has been dominant on the glass. as you should know, since you're the captain of the nets fan base.

    relative to the rest of the league, they are not great. not bad either. simple as that.
    http://hoopdata.com/teamadvancedstats.aspx


    Nets are 11th in rebounding and actually got worse since the Lopez injury... And same with team defense ... It drastically dropped since Lopez for injured.... He's not a good pnr defender but is a clear force around the rim
    [

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    http://hoopdata.com/teamadvancedstats.aspx


    Nets are 11th in rebounding and actually got worse since the Lopez injury... And same with team defense ... It drastically dropped since Lopez for injured.... He's not a good pnr defender but is a clear force around the rim
    11th in rebounding per game, 20th in totals. Like I said, not bad, but not great.

    you're right about the team rebounding numbers going down since his injury (i was wrong). what I should have said is- Blatche has rebounded more per game since starting in Lopezs place- than Lopez does on the season. why the team rebounding has gone down on the whole without Lopez (despite the fact that his replacement has been better than he is on the glass) is something I can't explain. perhaps what you say is true- that his presence around the rim is beneficial to his teams overall rebounding, even if he isn't the one pulling them down himself.

    good post.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    11th in rebounding per game, 20th in totals. Like I said, not bad, but not great.

    you're right about the team rebounding numbers going down since his injury (i was wrong). what I should have said is- Blatche has rebounded more per game since starting in Lopezs place- than Lopez does on the season. why the team rebounding has gone down on the whole without Lopez (despite the fact that his replacement has been better than he is on the glass) is something I can't explain. perhaps what you say is true- that his presence around the rim is beneficial to his teams overall rebounding, even if he isn't the one pulling them down himself.

    good post.
    Small sample size is why it has gone down. They have played good rebounding teams.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,177
    vCash
    1894
    Celtics dont crash the offensive glass, its a weakness but it does come with its advantages. Defensively however, the Celtics are still top notch.

    I cant believe I just heard Lopez name called when discussing a player helping his team in the rebounding department.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,272
    vCash
    1500
    dang.

    "Killer Instinct"

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,148
    vCash
    1500
    After not averaging anymore than 16 points OR 9 boards in any of the past 5 seasons, KG is becoming a bit overrated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    I personally feel the celtics are more overrated than kg
    [

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,062
    vCash
    26834
    i am insulted by his comments on behalf of andrea bargnani

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Small sample size is why it has gone down. They have played good rebounding teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    11th in rebounding per game, 20th in totals. Like I said, not bad, but not great.

    you're right about the team rebounding numbers going down since his injury (i was wrong). what I should have said is- Blatche has rebounded more per game since starting in Lopezs place- than Lopez does on the season. why the team rebounding has gone down on the whole without Lopez (despite the fact that his replacement has been better than he is on the glass) is something I can't explain. perhaps what you say is true- that his presence around the rim is beneficial to his teams overall rebounding, even if he isn't the one pulling them down himself.

    good post.
    correction- 11th in total rebound rate, not rebounds per game.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    http://hoopdata.com/teamadvancedstats.aspx


    Nets are 11th in rebounding and actually got worse since the Lopez injury... And same with team defense ... It drastically dropped since Lopez for injured.... He's not a good pnr defender but is a clear force around the rim
    that's rebounding rate, not rebounds per game. i thought you were posting the per game numbers.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,177
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    After not averaging anymore than 16 points OR 9 boards in any of the past 5 seasons, KG is becoming a bit overrated.
    But his main contributions come on the other end of the floor so what are you getting at?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Celtics dont crash the offensive glass, its a weakness but it does come with its advantages. Defensively however, the Celtics are still top notch.

    I cant believe I just heard Lopez name called when discussing a player helping his team in the rebounding department.
    i was entertaining the possibility just because I have no way of actually disproving it by the numbers.

    ...right? it is strange that the team boards have dropped off without him.

    since he's been out they've played OKC, MIA, GS, and Orlando- with three out of the four in the top half of the league in total rebounds.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,774
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...ounds-per-game

    i dont know why this was so hard to find.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    But his main contributions come on the other end of the floor so what are you getting at?
    I wasn't aware that rebounding only occurred on one end of the floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •