Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    It doesn't matter.
    I'd agree with you, but it just wouldn't matter.

vCash
    [QUOTE=flea;24665025]Nothing that anyone does really matters in 10,000 years. I was saying that whether I'm a bad or good person matters
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Different people can justify alternatives in their head and whose to say they are wrong? I said me personally... my opinion is that it is not logical to have a completely atheistic point of view and not accept the idea of nihilism. I would say more than anything that is the reason I tend to side with a religious view point.... nihilism is just too depressing for me to accept with a whole heart.
    It doesnt have to be depressing, it only is if you make it be.

vCash
    its pretty easy to make arguments to disprove this philosophy. everything serves a purpose in the ecosystem, whether its positive or negative. this is from a scientific perspective, not necessarily a religious one.

vCash
    We all die anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    We all die anyway.
    id rather live a fun, happy, successful life and die than live a ****** miserable life and die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    id rather live a fun, happy, successful life and die than live a ****** miserable life and die
    Who says it has to be miserable? Im not miserable. .

vCash
    You argue that life has no basic meaning implies that you are an essentialist, and of course, going down a road of discourse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Different people can justify alternatives in their head and whose to say they are wrong? I said me personally... my opinion is that it is not logical to have a completely atheistic point of view and not accept the idea of nihilism. I would say more than anything that is the reason I tend to side with a religious view point.... nihilism is just too depressing for me to accept with a whole heart.
    I wish we could get into this, but I fear we'd be approaching violating the no-religion rule! I've been sitting here for about 30 minutes now responding to this, deleting my response, re-writing my response, and so on...but I figured neither of us are going to convince us that we're right, and I also was talking about religion way too much. So I'll spare it.

I find PLENTY of meaning in life, and I have a strong definition of what "the meaning of life" means. I'm also very happy/proud/content that I find this meaning from where I find it.

That's that.

I do get why you feel that way coming from the realm of belief you come from, and I respect that. I just disagree, and actually find it preposterous

Plus, Den has been doing a good job explaining things probably more articulately and concisely than I can.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Who says it has to be miserable? Im not miserable. .
    i was quoting angry norwegian. alot of ppl have the philosophy "whats the point of living if we're going to die anyway". my response was a counter to that mentality.

vCash
    I mean Den's just appealing to analytic philosophy that has been stepping around huge existential issues for centuries.

Give me that continental ****, fool. Sartre's ontology makes secular morality look weak, son. If we're Godless creatures abandoned in this gigantic void of meaningless, it doesn't make sense to talk about systems of morality like they're carved in stone. And I'd argue-- even if there is a God, how does morality follow from that either? Are things good because God prefers them or does God prefer them because they're good? That's some basic Euthyphro dilemma ****, my *****.

vCash
    i think sometimes people waste their time trying to figure out "why" we're here or "why" we exist. just accept the fact we are here, we're only here for a portion of time compared to the Earth's history as a whole, and all we can do is make the best of it. if you're spending your time asking for the reason for our existence, you will not find one. what do people want to hear? "your here to save the world", "you are here to do great things"?? the only person who can CREATE a reason for being on this planet is YOU

vCash
    i think sometimes people waste their time trying to figure out "why" we're here or "why" we exist. just accept the fact we are here, we're only here for a portion of time compared to the Earth's history as a whole, and all we can do is make the best of it. if you're spending your time asking for the reason for our existence, you will not find one. what do people want to hear? "your here to save the world", "you are here to do great things"?? the only person who can CREATE a reason for being on this planet is YOU
    Absolutely. Unless your some sort of Taoist who thinks that you can't follow or pursue meaning, you can only come to know it through reflection or something like that. But I'm with you here.

vCash
    Those people are sadistic. My view on nihilist, won't even view upon them.

They claim nothing. Woah, they made a claim. There it goes again, that damn something. Hey, 1+1=2, *****. AKNOW!

How does nothing, wait, those letter things. BUNK!

vCash
    i think sometimes people waste their time trying to figure out "why" we're here or "why" we exist.
    Dude, this is fun, to understand why we are here. What if you found out how to live forever, knowing why?

if you're spending your time asking for the reason for our existence, you will not find one.
    EXPLETIVE! Reason is all about in this universe. Reason to be here, to post on PSD! Thats enough for this poster.

what do people want to hear? "your here to save the world", "you are here to do great things"?? the only person who can CREATE a reason for being on this planet is YOU
    Reason is a natural construct of the universe. You don't have the ability to "create" reason, it certainly is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    I mean Den's just appealing to analytic philosophy that has been stepping around huge existential issues for centuries.

Give me that continental ****, fool. Sartre's ontology makes secular morality look weak, son. If we're Godless creatures abandoned in this gigantic void of meaningless, it doesn't make sense to talk about systems of morality like they're carved in stone. And I'd argue-- even if there is a God, how does morality follow from that either? Are things good because God prefers them or does God prefer them because they're good? That's some basic Euthyphro dilemma ****, my *****.
    The idea of being safe at night. How mighty to put food on the table for everyone! The moral man is king.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast