Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    I think the conclusion nihilists draw are just absolutely nuts, but the premises are decent an i subscribe at least partly to them.

Meaning and purpose of life, The only objective purpose is to reproduce to keep live going. Everything else is meaning we try to attribute to life, either through religion or philosophy, therefor there is no real objective purpose or meaning of live.

Morals exist but they are no natural laws, they emerged out of necessity, social creatures need something that governs social interaction and societies need a moral base to stand upon (agreeable behavior of individuals in a group context). But Morals change depending on the times and societies. It's also a learned trait no one is born with morals.

Reality doesn't exist. Our perception distorts "reality", but since we have only our perception we have to assume that this is reality.
    Yea I dont necessarily agree with everything, but I think your post is spot on. Some may think theyve found a meaning, but imo on a grand scale its meaningless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Yea I dont necessarily agree with everything, but I think your post is spot on. Some may think theyve found a meaning, but imo on a grand scale its meaningless.
    To who?

It's a totally false dichotomy to say that "meaning" (as if it were an object unto itself) is either something objectively "out there", external but perhaps accessible to humanity, or completely nonexistent.

Why, if meaning exists to us "only in our minds" should it be considered any less "real" in terms of how we experience "meaningfulness"? EVERYTHING we understand, believe, experience, feel, relate to -- it all happens through mental processes.

A lot of this is based on that false dichotomy, and much is also based on the false premise that if there isn't one big, grand unifying answer to the question, "What does this all mean?", that the fractional, individualized, less grandiose meanings we all feel and experience in daily life are somehow diminished to unimportance. What necessitates that?

And besides, everyone knows that the answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    These be fighting words. I do exist here, my perfection may be its reason. I do mean this post, bunk to you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayArea91 View Post
    These be fighting words. I do exist here, my perfection may be its reason. I do mean this post, bunk to you.
    English this may be?

vCash
    Who says theyre natural law?

I meant to put this in my post, but obviously anything causing harm to others should be considered immoral.
    For you to utter the words of nothing, to be so misconstrued in a universe of substance. For you to speak is harmful to the logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Meaning and purpose of life, The only objective purpose is to reproduce to keep live going.
    Fun, helping others, sex, love, perfection, friendship, exercise, 'straight dopeness,' WEED, weather patterns. Jesus Christ.

Morals exist but they are no natural laws, they emerged out of necessity, social creatures need something that governs social interaction and societies need a moral base to stand upon (agreeable behavior of individuals in a group context). But Morals change depending on the times and societies. It's also a learned trait no one is born with morals.
    Dude, no. This is wrong. When will a lie ever be moral? When will it ever be moral to be dumb?

Reality doesn't exist. Our perception distorts "reality", but since we have only our perception we have to assume that this is reality.

Are perception is real.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    It's possible other beings could see things this way so their reality is one entirely different from ours. Their brains could process information in a completely different way, leading to a difference in perception and therefore reality.
    Still the same reality we share.

vCash
    Dude, no. This is wrong. When will a lie ever be moral?
    You are a German, and you are hiding a family of Jews in your attic. A group of Nazis comes to your door, and asks "Are you hiding any Jews here?"

What do you say?

A joke, Kant is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    You are a German, and you are hiding a family of Jews in your attic. A group of Nazis comes to your door, and asks "Are you hiding any Jews here?"

What do you say?

A joke, Kant is.
    Kill the SS, boys. Get those good jew boys out of town. As I said, to be dumb there, is immoral.

Bunk to you.

vCash
    Yep. My job involves working with colored pigments. Its amazing how different people see colors differently feom others
    painter?

Dude, no. This is wrong. When will a lie ever be moral? When will it ever be moral to be dumb?
    So dumb people are immoral? Intelligence is not the same thing as morality.
    Last edited by HoodedSB; 12-11-2012 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedSashSB View Post
    painter?

Nope. Make color products for concrete. We make a lot of different things. Acid stains, water stains, chemical stains and just straight color to add to cement. If youve seen bush stadium, we made the color for it. We almost got to make the color for new cowboys stadium, but our prices were to high. Most of our color is made from iron oxides except our blue, which is made feom titanium.

vCash
    Kill the SS, boys. Get those good jew boys out of town. As I said, to be dumb there, is immoral.

Bunk to you.
    ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedSashSB View Post
    painter?

A lot of the time dumb people are locust, so yea, them being there, me knowing it would cause morality to take a hit.

vCash
    Nope. Make color products for concrete. We make a lot of different things. Acid stains, water stains, chemical stains and just straight color to add to cement. If youve seen bush stadium, we made the color for it. We almost got to make the color for new cowboys stadium, but our prices were to high. Most of our color is made from iron oxides except our blue, which is made feom titanium.
    Oh right on. So you're like a chemical engineer or something?

A lot of the time dumb people are locust, so yea, them being there, me knowing it would cause morality to take a hit.
    Can I buy some of your acid?

vCash

ewing

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I don't take acid.

Get this, PSD having been, well here, makes it so nothing can never ever ever occur. Ever. No matter what something had been. My view on nihilist is they are sadistic, and go to hell. They are lies, those who ponder nothing MUST KNOW IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE!

CRIMINALS! Get em

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456