Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    BC said he's in LA for scouting... Why the **** is he scouting when we don't have a ****en pick this year?!

Scouting includes several things. In my opinion, I believe he is meeting with Kupchak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    Scouting includes several things. In my opinion, I believe he is meeting with Kupchak.
    This. I think he's bound to talk to Kupchak as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Great minds are itching to do more but unfortunately can not come up with further solutions to the predicament of the now and present. The ball is on the ownership's court now.
    Now and present are the same thing lol. People like me think of the future, we care less for now because their is next to no hope for todays society and people, politicians are for the "now and present" issues.
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Now and present are the same thing lol. People like me think of the future, we care less for now because their is next to no hope for todays society and people, politicians are for the "now and present" issues.
    The Now is the only thing you can truly affect as it is all that actually exists.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    The Now is the only thing you can truly affect as it is all that actually exists.
    Like I said we make theories that may greatly affect our lives (The car, artificial light etc..). You are right in a sense because the future, what is it? Is it some sort of fabric? Personally I believe if we want to know what the future is we need to find the knowledge somewhere, non-physical. But you are also not right, in a thousand years people would read that comment and laugh, the same way they laughed at the idea of flying or being centered in the galaxy because their is something more then "Just now" and I feel we need to know. If we, as a race, want to thrive in the universe we need to look in the future to avoid disasters (Sun enlargement or a meteor) and to avoid our mistakes that would set up back (Airstotle with chemistry & astronomy and religion as a whole). As a Human race, we are currently ("Now and present") declining spirituality and advancing technologically but we need
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Like I said we make theories that may greatly affect our lives (The car, artificial light etc..). You are right in a sense because the future, what is it? Is it some sort of fabric? Personally I believe if we want to know what the future is we need to find the knowledge somewhere, non-physical. But you are also not right, in a thousand years people would read that comment and laugh, the same way they laughed at the idea of flying or being centered in the galaxy because their is something more then "Just now" and I feel we need to know. If we, as a race, want to thrive in the universe we need to look in the future to avoid disasters (Sun enlargement or a meteor) and to avoid our mistakes that would set up back (Airstotle with chemistry & astronomy and religion as a whole). As a Human race, we are currently ("Now and present") declining spirituality and advancing technologically but we need
    A equilibrium of both if we want to succeed as a race.
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    head... is.... hurting
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    BC said he's in LA for scouting... Why the **** is he scouting when we don't have a ****en pick this year?!

Don't know either. I've never heard of anything called a trade before.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Who said scouting is all about draft picks?

You can scout to see if a player fits within your team and you can determine which players you should target.

I think BC was referring to college scouting and not nba player scouting. I would think NBA GMs know what each player in the league can and cannot do.

Either he's meeting with kupchak or scouting college players. Regardless, we still don't have a pick this year!
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Shabazz Mohammed goes to UCLA and he is regarded as a top 3 pick this season.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Why scout for Shabbazz? If you land a top 3 pick, your going to be canned regardless BC!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    The state of this franchise is honestly pathetic.

Lowry, DeMar, Val, Ross and Ed. Everyone else can GTFO.
    Quite honestly...I'm not even sure those guys are immune right now. Lowry has been less then stellar (and imho largely responsible for the defensive issues this season because of his style of play offensively). Demar has been good, but that also makes him valuable in a trade, Val/Ross - while rookies and good ones with good potential, they also have a large trade value because of that potential, and Ed's stock has never been higher than it is now.

When you really look at it, if you want to bring in talent you need to utilize your best and highest valued players...which just happen to be the ones you listed above....again just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    Quite honestly...I'm not even sure those guys are immune right now. Lowry has been less then stellar (and imho largely responsible for the defensive issues this season because of his style of play offensively). Demar has been good, but that also makes him valuable in a trade, Val/Ross - while rookies and good ones with good potential, they also have a large trade value because of that potential, and Ed's stock has never been higher than it is now.

When you really look at it, if you want to bring in talent you need to utilize your best and highest valued players...which just happen to be the ones you listed above....again just my opinion
    Good points.

Big question I guess is whether ownership is going to give BC full reins to pull trades that will impact the future of the franchise. Dealing any of our young players is a very big move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Good points.

Big question I guess is whether ownership is going to give BC full reins to pull trades that will impact the future of the franchise. Dealing any of our young players is a very big move.
    I think that question would be answered by ownerships desire to win now, win later or create a continuous winning team. Honestly not something that I can answer, but if I put my business hat on...Win now = $ now...and assumably if you can create a win now team, you will continue to attract talent to continue winning...not saying it works always (and I've never done the work to look up what teams if any have been successful/failed at this style of team building). lets face it, ownership is in it for the profits at the end of the day - if they build a winner they put more butts in the seats, sell more advertising and make more profits.

So that is my long winded way of saying, I think that when push comes to shove Ownership will give BC the go ahead to move youth if it brings in talent to win now

vCash
    Hmmmm how do I explain this.

The future is an idea and that is all it ever will be. It does not exist plain and simple. Just as the past is a memory and does not exist. Seers have been teaching this basic idea for thousands of years, yes I said thousands.

The idea you speak of in the knowing more then "just now" has also been expounded upon by these same seers. It is often referred to as expanding the now in modern times. There are no words that do it justice thus the reason it cannot be read about or learnt but rather only experienced.

As a human race we are not Now or present. We are generally far more focused on our personal future. But I am going to stop now because this is completely off topic for this thread.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast