Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Raptors’ play ‘embarrassing,’ says GM Bryan Colangelo

Colangelo calling everyone out...

2 quotes I digged...

There might not be a quick fix, however. While rumours are abundant — most swirling around enigmatic forward Andrea Bargnani — the GM said he’s not going to make a move simply to make a move. He believes it’s prudent to take a calm and measured path in his constant discussions about improving the roster.

“I don’t believe this is a talent issue,” he said. “I think it’s a lack of focus, attention to detail, consistency of competing. We’ve shown flashes of very good basketball, just not good enough to pull out games when we need to pull them out.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ryan-colangelo

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Raptors' roster, talent 'embarrassing' say all Raptors fans.

----------------------------------

Shooting guard has no handles, can't finish with contact, can't shoot long range, and can't defend.

Small forward hasn't shot >40% from the field since 2009, has been a bench player for a long time, and wasn't even on the roster a week ago.

Power forward can't rebound, shoots <40% from field, totally lost on help defense.

Centre is a rookie, not yet strong enough to defend NBA centres.

Yes, this is a matter of focus and effort. Focus and effort of the GM to bring in players capable of winning basketball games. Focus and effort of the GM not to waste money on mediocre players. Focus and effort of the GM to recognize the flaws in his players and overall talent evaluation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post

Shooting guard has no handles, can't finish with contact, can't shoot long range, and can't defend.

Small forward hasn't shot >40% from the field since 2009, has been a bench player for a long time, and wasn't even on the roster a week ago.

Power forward can't rebound, shoots <40% from field, totally lost on help defense.

Yes, this is a matter of focus and effort. Focus and effort of the GM to bring in players capable of winning basketball games. Focus and effort of the GM not to waste money on mediocre players. Focus and effort of the GM to recognize the flaws in his players and overall talent evaluation.
    Amen.

vCash

Totally agree. Where do I co-sign?

LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    Totally agree. Where do I co-sign?

Me too.

vCash

Great minds think alike .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Great minds think alike .
    Great minds think greater then previous theories
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Great minds think greater then previous theories
    Great minds are itching to do more but unfortunately can not come up with further solutions to the predicament of the now and present. The ball is on the ownership's court now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Great minds are itching to do more but unfortunately can not come up with further solutions to the predicament of the now and present. The ball is on the ownership's court now.
    Now and present are the same thing lol. People like me think of the future, we care less for now because their is next to no hope for todays society and people, politicians are for the "now and present" issues.
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    They need to have either Amir or Gray in the starting 5. The SF position is a lost cause until guys like Anderson and Fields come back.

vCash
    Two options in my opinion in order to increase focus on team:

1) Remove Bargnani.

Easiest solution. Ed Davis/Amir Johnson can replace him. They can rebound. They can play on the inside. Focus would improve, not having to cover for Bargs every time he ****s up.

2) Fire Coach.

This is more of a long-term solution. In terms of focus, I think it would screw it up even more; having to change coaching philosophies. Obviously, keeping Bargs + Calderon in the game have been horrible options, yet he still puts em in. If BC were to do this, it would have to be near the end of the season, or in the off-season

Option 3) Fire BC

He hasn't addressed the SF position, like he was supposed to in the offseason. Fields was supposed to be decent. We didn't need a decent SF, we needed a good 3 option.
    This option would have to be done in the off-season.

Option 1 seems most viable, and would likely improve the team immediately.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Two options in my opinion in order to increase focus on team:

1) Remove Bargnani.

Easiest solution. Ed Davis/Amir Johnson can replace him. They can rebound. They can play on the inside. Focus would improve, not having to cover for Bargs every time he ****s up.

2) Fire Coach.

This is more of a long-term solution. In terms of focus, I think it would screw it up even more; having to change coaching philosophies. Obviously, keeping Bargs + Calderon in the game have been horrible options, yet he still puts em in. If BC were to do this, it would have to be near the end of the season, or in the off-season

Option 3) Fire BC

He hasn't addressed the SF position, like he was supposed to in the offseason. Fields was supposed to be decent. We didn't need a decent SF, we needed a good 3 option.
    This option would have to be done in the off-season.

Option 1 seems most viable, and would likely improve the team immediately.
    Do all 3 would be the best.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    Do all 3 would be the best.
    you have the best sig on psd

vCash
    LOL at the part where BC says "talent isn't an issue".

I don't think any of our D league players could even start on a contender!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_bladen View Post
    LOL at the part where BC says "talent isn't an issue".

I don't think any of our D league players could even start on a contender!
    Isnt that why they are in the d league?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast