Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rebound rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Just because hes not as good of a defender as iggy doesnt make him not good.
    What makes him not good is the fact that he's not good.

Jesus, after the Celtics game last night he needed a rape kit.

Hes still the best perimeter defender on the team.

this thread is about the frontcourt, not your unusual obsession with evan turner.
    1. It's about rebounding; not the front court.
    2. Evan is our starting 3. Which, as everyone knows, is a part OF the front court. (You did know that, right?)
    3. As stated...others brought up Evan, not me. Just offering my 2 cents. He needs to rebound, since we know he can...and maybe focus less on shooting 8 shots too many.

vCash
    The way I see it, Jrue is our best defensive player. He just happens to play the toughest position to guard. Evan is average on defense. He never locks anyone down like a good or elite defender would, but he isn't a liability with his height.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

rebound rate

1 and 2. The frontcourt or bigs do not really include evan. Hes mostly a guard he plays like a guard/wing.

Also, the frontcourt/bigs typically play closer to the basket and in conjuction with them being taller and more physical, they are the guys who get the bulk of the rebounds.... Our bigs need to rebound better! This is not evans main responsibility.... Not even top 3 at this point.

3. Evan can take as many shots as he wants until the offense becomes more fluid. Ie. him passing before the trap and his teammates need to know that its coming and make themselves noticeable for the pass

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

rebound rate

But number 3 is irrelevent to the topic, this isnt about evans shot attemps.... Stop making ecerything about evan.

Back on topic... Anyone think we could or should trade one of our more expendable guys for a jordan hill/reggie evans type (not those guys specifically).

Jrich and kwame for jordan hill and a salary filler would be ideal for me.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    doubt BK would deal Evans since Lopez is such a poor rebounder and he is hurt right now. Im not much of a Hill fan but at this point he would be an upgrade compared to what we have. But I have no idea who actually is available or is expected to be

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    But number 3 is irrelevent to the topic, this isnt about evans shot attemps.... Stop making ecerything about evan.

Back on topic... Anyone think we could or should trade one of our more expendable guys for a jordan hill/reggie evans type (not those guys specifically).

Jrich and kwame for jordan hill and a salary filler would be ideal for me.
    I'd definitely take either one of those guys.

Still love watching Reggie play, the guy gets EVERY rebound and makes more hustle plays per game than our entire team.

I've only caught a couple lakers games this year but I liked what I saw from Jordan Hill. Active player with some bounce who grabs rebounds and has good enough hands to catch lobs and finish in the paint.

vCash

rebound rate

Jordan hill aint a stud, but he is in the top ten in the nba in reb rate and hed be our starting 5 til bynum comes to play.

And hed fit in nice off the bench when bynum does play.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123