• GM's

4 19.05%
Page 158 of 262 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3930

Thread: Trash Can

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Damn, I was hoping one or both of Simmons and Lucroy would drop to my next picks.
    I knew you would cheat so I took him early. trollolol

vCash
    Gerardo Parra, OF

vCash
    picks #259 and #262 plus Brandon Morrow OR Matt Moore are available for a pitching upgrade and later picks. Hit a brotha up.

"Patterned grid world
    It waits for you and it has always
    Been there from the start"

vCash

vCash
    Will be doing PR's now in exchange for AI fixing my clubhouse, so please update your clubhouse if you want a true perspective

vCash
    NL Central

Thunder Bay
    Offense-
    It is deep which I like, I don't like how i don't know what the stats are from. Nothing too flashy, just a very solid deep lineup. I don't trust LaRoche to be a true #4 hitter and i think hunter will regress slightly
    B+/ A-

Defense- Solid plus defenders everywhere, noone is a defensive whiz but noone is a liabilty
    A-

Rotation-
    Kershaw is fantastic, would of been my first starter picked, parker is very good as well but your number 3/4 could be lacking, grading just the first two guys would be an A but realizing that you don't have a 3/4/5 yet I will give you a B+ just assuming they will take you down a bit

Overall- B+/A- team. Depending on who you can get as your 3/4 starter i think will be big in determing how far your team will go, but excellent start thus far.

Newark
    Offense- First name that jumps at me is sadly Melky, just someone i can't trust at all and i would never want someone who was just suspepended being my number 2 hitter, no idea how he will be, but besides that its great, the 3/4 is deadly, prolly best in game, youk is a question mark for me but i like frazier and jeter is very good.
    A-
    Defense- Jeter is garbage, and not looking at stats i think everyone else is a fine defender, but jeter will hurt you.
    B
    Rotation- Cueto is great, i wanted him instead of Zim, the #2 and #3 guys i don't think are good enough in the roles they are, even though they are solid enough pitchers they will need to be helped by a great offense and good defense.
    B-
    Overall- B+-- A team centered around the offense but even with that still has a couple question marks, weaker rotation and without the stats hard to judge the defense, i think finding a good #4 starter will be important as well as getting good defenders to help out your pitching

Capones
    Lineup- Dear god, its sexy and has a good hitter in every spot thus far, easily best lineup i have seen thus far
    A+
    Defense- Infield is great, outfield is not, besides dejesus. I would not of drafted Fowler cause of his defense
    B/B+
    Rotation- I dislike teams that go all offense or all pitching, i frankly find it stupid and even though your lineup is great your pitching will be what kills you when you face balanced teams.
    Lohse stats look good but i don't believe he can carry a rotation and i think his stats from last year overate him, with no 2/3/4/5 listed the rotation will be a problem
    D

Overall- B-/B The rotation is going to be what holds you back, look to trade a bat or two for a stater.

London Knights
    Offense-
    Ouch, by far worst offense i have seen, noone scares me at all, a bunch of decent hitters, but overall fairly weak.
    C-
    Defense- With no stats going off memorary, I think all are good, not sure about trumbo and Swish though
    B+
    Rotation- Felix is a stud, before trading out of nine he was the guy i had targeted, doc is a semi question mark, but should rebound and linc is a question mark as well, for focusing on the rotation its weaker than i thought it would be
    B+
    Overall- C, fairly poor team thus far, i would look to trade felix in a block buster for a stud bat and a 2 starter

Springfield
    Lineup- I don't trust hill at all, grandy has been declining, and i don't think desmond would repeat last year
    C+
    Defense- Grandy is weak, not sure about others
    B+
    Rotation- Very good, masterson relies on grounders but i think your infield is solid.
    A-
    Overall- B Decent team, lineup might hold you back

Rankings

1. ThunderBay
    2. Newark

3. Capone's
    4. Springfield
    5. London

NL EAST
    Crotch

Lineup-
    Don't liek Gonzo at 4 cause of his power decline, besides that it is very good, very deep lineup-- A
    Defense- Excellent defense besides Cepedes but it was his first year i would assume he will improve-- A-
    Rotation- Solid rotation for focusing on the lineup, but still nothing special and all are more 2/3 starters, facing a balanced team might cause them trouble
    Overall- A- one of the better teams i have seen thus far, rotation could hold you back, i would look into dealing gonzo, cause i think he is a tad overatted and cepedes could bat 4 no problem (imo)

Drift
    Lineup-
    Question marks for sure, is mcann finished now, dunn had a decent year last year but nothing compared to what he used to be, hanley is a solid player now, but not the stud he used to be, beltran is a hitting stud though.
    B+
    Rotation- I don't like Yu, maybe thats cause i wrongly associate him with dice k and how dice had a good first year but walk rates were too high and then was awful so i have questions about him. Price is a boss, and medlen is good too
    A-
    Defense- I think this will be your weak point, hanley isn't good, and beltran hasn't been good over past couple years i think.
    B

Overall- B+. Solid balanced team, couple more solid bats with little question marks who play good defense will help out

Flint
    Offense- I love beltre, have questions about Cargo if he can preform well outside coors, really like walker and jones is solid
    B/ B+
    Defense- Beltre is a stud, walker is good i think, cargo is weak
    A-
    Rotation- Dickey is very solid, bills needs to show he is healthy, don't like vog at the 2
    B
    Overall- B/B+ . Solid rotation could hold you back cause lineup while good isn't great.

Baker
    Lineup- Love it, hate how you do the stats though, Career numbers are not very important, i have questions about uggla but he is your 6
    A
    Defense- Def a weak point, no plus defenders
    C+
    Rotation- Again the stats annoy me, lee is very good, i don't like danks as a two. Lacking the third starter currently hurts you in my book.
    B-
    Overall-
    B/B+-- Please fix the stats/make them uniformed show the past 3 years, what they are projected. As a future voter that would be something that would turn me off.

Overall
    1. Crotch
    2. Drift
    3. Baker
    4. Flint

By far the closet divison i have seen, all teams judging by bullpen and how they fill out remaining teams could flip flop.

I should sleep, will do more tomorrow.

NL WEST
    Dublin

Rotation- Will morrow pitch enough innings? Thats the question with him, he is always and injury concern to me and thats why i don't like him as the number 1. I like moore and think he will eventually be great, and he is good now, but not sure if he is ready to be a number 2 starter and pitch the innings needed. Hammel was solid last year and think he will be solid again.
    B-

Lineup- I hate Markakis in the 3 hole, alot. I love trout, jennings had a poor o year last year and i like peds

B

Defense- Trout is a god, jennings is awesome, peds is good, no clue on kakis
    A

Overall- B
    I think you clubhouse needs a bit of updating, drafting first and waiting is tough to find a true number 1 so i think you did fine, but i would of tried to get a more proven number 1

Rico
    Rotation- I still don't love fister, no matter what stats say. I still think he is good though, i like carp and i like harral. Carp is getting up there in age though.
    B+
    Lineup- I dont like Pagan leading off, but besides that it looks good, naps is a bit of question mark in the 4 hole though
    B+
    Defense- Looks very good to me, besides Pagan
    A
    Overall- B+/A-. Very solid team rotation is good but not sure if it will be good enough vs others, i would find a better leadoff hitter though too

Hartford
    Rotation- How dempster pitched in texas scared me, bumgarner kinda fell of at end, but still really like him, not having a third starter hurts you.
    B
    Lineup- Not sure what to expect from Berkman, Kinslers splits are scary and don't like crisp. other than that. i'm a big fan
    B+
    Defense- I don't think Berk or Butler are good, not sure about others
    B

Overall- B/B+. Wished you had 3 pitchers instead of 2 and one wasn't dempster.

Ridlers
    Rotation- First of all you play in Petco, Sale is great, Haren has been declining, hopefully Petco helps him, I don't like Jackson, Pettitte pitched well last year, can he handle a full season at the age though?
    B/ B+
    Lineup- Really like gardner, i like heyward, only big problem is lack of slg% out of these guys for playing in Petco, but overall solid lineup, nothing too special
    B/B+
    Defense- Great OF defense which is needed, looks like IF defense might need some work
    B+
    Overall- B/B+ solid team thus far, haren in the number two slot is holding you back though

1. Rico
    2. Hartford
    3. Ridlers
    4. Dublin

Two and three are neck in neck with 4 not being far, no clear cut favorite imo

Apparently psd is doing maintence at 9 am, will do others later

Won't do AL Central because i'm in there.

AL EAST
    Vermont
    Rotation-
    I like Latos, iffy on Cahill being a two and Wandy is soo up and down
    B
    Offense-
    Wouldn't of drafted Yadier where you did but he had a great year last year, miggy is awesome, i don't like ells or weeks at all though, is middlebrooks batting 5th? thats iffy if so
    B
    Defense- Miggy and weeks are poor, not sure on others, besides yadier who is a boss
    B-
    Overall- B-/B- Decent team lineup could use another bat and a good 4th starter

Salem
    Rotation- I have alot of questions about Hanson with his declining velocity but he is your 4 so not that big of a problem, I really like cain, iffy on kennedey, and not sure about clay
    B
    Offense- I hope last year was just an off year for upton, i think it was but still a risk with him in the 3 hole, phillips is good but not a 2 type hitter with the low obp, i really like the kuebel and ellis, lineup is alright, could use a really high obp guy for leadoff though
    B
    Defense- Everyone is solid I believe
    B+
    Overall- B Another fine team with an iffy 2-4 rotation and could use another big bat.

Vegas
    Rotation
    JJ always seems injured, he is awesome when healthy but always a risk, lynn had a great year, but is that because he is a good pitcher or cause cards produce such great starters? i have questions about him, I like beckett a little though even though he has been awful i think he will turn it around
    B-
    Lineup
    Very, very good, revere i don't love as the leadoff just cause of a semi poor obp, he is still good though, a really good number 2 hitter obp would be awesome for you guys. 3-4 are sexual, i like rizzo even though i would bat wieters 5 instead of him, i also love manny as well
    A-/A
    Defense- Nothing is really offered by the defense at all, OF could cost you some runs
    B-
    Overall- Lineup will carry this squad, rotation and defense could hold you back from going very far though
    B+

Compton
    Rotation, CC is a stud, Marcum is decent for a 2 and burhle is meh
    B
    Lineup, Wil Myers? why if not for him you might have a decent lineup but he has proven nothing to be batting number 5, not totally sold on harper yet either as a 3 hitter.
    C+
    Defense- All studs as i can see, no idea about Myers though
    A-
    If not for myers and maybe drafting someone else besides harper could of been a very good team, still time though to try and find a better 5 hitter and a good solid 4 starter
    B-

Overall
    1. Vegas
    2. Salem
    3. Vermount
    4. Compton

AL WEST

Monarchs

Rotation-
    Love Verlander, hellickson's advanced stats scare me alot, don't like him as a 2, harrison is solid, felix is meh
    B
    Lineup
    Hate Kipnis as the three hitter, a bunch of decent guys, Jones coming off a career year, fairly weak though
    C+

Defense- No stats no idea how they are i think Castro is bad though
    B

Overall- B- --- Re order your lineup, i would have jones in the 3 hole and maybe perez at the 4? still your lineup lacks another big bat, also update defensive stats

Danger Bay
    Rotation
    Peavy def bounced back last year, i like him but not really as a 1, mcarthy if he was healthy would be a good two, not sure about health though, Can Hisashi pitch 150+ innings? He is an ok third stater
    C+
    Lineup
    Very good lineup, one of my favorites i have seen
    A
    Defense- Again with no stats not toally sure, i know headly is good though
    B

Overall- B+ defending on how your defense team i think you can be a pretty good/very good team, i would try and get a solid starter who can eat innings

Whiskey Dick
    Rotation- I like it, semi worried about Lester but i think he will bonce back, not very familiar with cobb, overall i like it though
    B+
    Lineup- Tulo's injuries scare me, not sure if i buy edwin as a masher after one great year, but solid in all other spots
    B/B+
    Defense- Again no stats, so not sure
    B
    Overall- B+ Very solid well rounded team

Trolls
    Rotation, I like Greinke, even though he had a bit of a down 2012 i think he regains form, gio was great last year, don't know if he can keep up that type of greatness but still an excellent two, i like harvey but concerned about the innings and if he can go a full season and still pitch well
    A-
    Lineup- I don't like Chase, he always seems injured and has been on the downslope, i really like jay, and pablo, iffy on hart and don't like pence as a 5 hitter
    B
    Defense- Pence has been below average past couple years, Hart is poor, Chase is good as is Jay
    B
    Overall- B+ I like this team, not thrilled with lineup but really like the front of the rotation, but getting a good fourth stater will def help out

1. Whiskey Dick
    2. Danger Bay
    3. Trolls
    4. Monarchs

Top 3 are quite close
    Last edited by WhyDuquette; 12-12-2012 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    First two division done, please feel free to argue points, nothing is personal and some of my thoughts might be wrong, didn't go indepth with stats or what not, just tried to show if i was a voter based on the clubhouse i feel as of today

vCash
    Will overpay for pick OTC, hit me up.

vCash
    My only problem with them is that A-Gon is not in a "power decline", he just had a down year. The guy put up a SLG% over .500 from 2006-2011. I don't see a trend of decline, it's more like slugging .463 in 2012 is a down year by his standards.

vCash
    Thank you for the PR's, WD. Starting my PR's...now.

vCash
    Almost done with the NL Central...I'm going in order on the Team Clubhouse thread. Each team's PR is about a page long in MS Word

vCash
    I can't wait to be done with my finals today. I've missed sleep sooooooooooooo much.

vCash
    I know my lineup isn't the greatest, but I wouldn't consider it bad... each batter is at least above average

2010-2012

Avila - 114 wRC+
    Trumbo - 113 wRC+
    Aybar - 106 wRC+ (last two years)
    Seager - 108 wRC+ (last year)
    Swisher - 129 wRC+
    Reddick - 103 wRC+

and our home field is one of the most batter friendly ones, miller field...

and in terms of pitching:

2010 - 2012

Doc - 3rd lowest FIP
    King Felix - 7th lowest FIP
    Lincecum - 22nd lowest FIP

but thanks for the PRs!
    Last edited by xnick5757; 12-12-2012 at 06:51 AM.

vCash
    I've decided to do the NL today and AL tomorrow. These are too long to do all of them right now.