Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What about a catcher?

I know we resigned Soto but is he really a 162 game catcher? Instead of Upton maybe resigning Hamilton and then trading for a catcher is the direction to go.

vCash
    I want Mauer. Twins aren't competitive and could move him for a nice prospect package.

vCash
    The Rangers are going cheap. We won't be taking on Mauer's contract.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    The Rangers are going cheap. We won't be taking on Mauer's contract.
    Which is a good thing because his contract is ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    I want Mauer. Twins aren't competitive and could move him for a nice prospect package.
    i'd take mauer if the twins paid as much of his remaining contract as the rangers had to pay with a-rod or young. if they don't pick up a huge chunk of the money then i lose all interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    i'd take mauer if the twins paid as much of his remaining contract as the rangers had to pay with a-rod or young. if they don't pick up a huge chunk of the money then i lose all interest.
    We'd have to give up way to many prospects for them to eat a sizeable chunk of that contract.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    We'd have to give up way to many prospects for them to eat a sizeable chunk of that contract.
    I wouldnt mind giving up the prospects necessary to acquire Mauer as long as a good chunk of the contract is being covered. Mauer actually did bounce back pretty nicely after his down/injury year. The problem with him is that his power just completely fell off the cliff after he signed that huge contract and now there is concern with injuries. But if he can prove completely healthy, based on his performance last season, I would have no problem giving up top prospects for him.

vCash
    But Mauer isn't going to be a catcher for too much longer...if at all. His body is already wearing down.

The catching market was meh this year, so if they address the lineup in other areas, I'm ok with a Soto/lower FA platoon.

vCash
    I'd give up Profar AND Perez to headline a package to get both Upton and Montero from the DBacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    I'd give up Profar AND Perez to headline a package to get both Upton and Montero from the DBacks.
    That's insanity.

Profar isn't being dealt unless it is for a SURE THING ACE, and even then I'm not sure they would

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    That's insanity.

Profar isn't being dealt unless it is for a SURE THING ACE, and even then I'm not sure they would
    I'm not saying the Rangers would or wouldn't do this deal, but if I was in JDs shoes I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat. Profar is valuable because he is young and has a mature approach, but his physical tools are not in the Harper/Trout/Hamilton/ARod territory. Sure, he is a very good defender with potential 20/30 upside in his HRs/SBs with good on base skills, but to get an elite major league catcher AND an MVP candidate in Upton for that deal? How can you say no?