Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Firebc.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    QFT.

That's not the way I remember it either. The Raptors franchise was PATHETIC after the over-hyped Game 7 loss (apparently a big deal in Raptors history, a microscopic speck on the wall in league history) for several years. There is a lot more potential with this roster but people can't see that. Depressing how fans can be as steady as grass blowing in the breeze.

Anyone can see that the Raptors are terrible right now. Some can see that they are really under-achieving. Others think the sky is falling and the team has never been this bad. Well it has. It has been a lot worse. That doesn't let anyone off the hook, just saying that people lose credibility when they get so melodramatic about the team when it has been HOPELESS in other seasons and people have already forgotten. 81 anyone?
    wasn't that a colangelo built team as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i agree it hurts his/her cause by having cheesy jokey pics but i think if you look past it you probably see a fan who really just wants change. and we disagree about the way to affect change because if my inbox was overloaded by disgruntled customers i would be forced to pay attention.
    I'm sure they already are.

The company that OWNS the Raptors has columnists who have already been discussing this publicly. I think they would be a step ahead of their columnists, not to mention their fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    This is the best way to show your displeasure. But it is also the hard one. Leafs put out mediocre product on the ice for a long time, but the management didnít care, because the games are mostly sold out. Even with a crappy product, fans still show up to Raptors games. So unless that changes, the management can be patient with their approach. They donít need to appease the fans in a hurry.
    i totally agree that is the best way but in sports that's a tall order. sports fans pride themselves on supporting their team through the worst of times in a way that they don't pride themselves on buying from the same crappy pizza joint over and over. in order to protest the team you almost have to give up on them. if you asked any business owner whether they'd rather hear your complaint or have you not come back they'd ask to hear about your displeasure every time.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    wasn't that a colangelo built team as well?
    You're kidding right? That was Babcock's last year. It was January, 2006. Colangelo was hired at the end of February that year.

vCash
    ^ i wasn't kidding, that's why i asked

vCash
    ^ i wasn't kidding, that's why i asked
    And that's an example of how brutal the franchise has been BEFORE Colangelo. But we all seem to forget.

Like I said, the problems are obvious. The solutions are not. Some think that firing Colangelo, firing Casey, trading Bargnani, would solve everything.

Well, firing Babcock and trading Jalen Rose used to be the answer to everything too.

Maybe it'll happen, but I'm not banking on dramatic improvement after that any more than I was banking on Kyle Lowry being the savious this year or JV being rookie of the year.

There is a reason why Apple produces the best devices in the world and Acer doesn't. Sometimes it's not enough just to hire some **** hot executive. Some franchises are just brutally hard to turn around.
    Last edited by ink; 12-10-2012 at 11:01 AM.

vCash
    And that's an example of how brutal the franchise has been BEFORE Colangelo. But we all seem to forget.

Like I said, the problems are obvious. The solutions are not. Some think that firing Colangelo, firing Casey, trading Bargnani, would solve everything.

Well, firing Babcock and trading Jalen Rose used to be the answer to everything too.

Maybe it'll happen, but I'm not banking on dramatic improvement after that any more than I was banking on Kyle Lowry being the savious this year or JV being rookie of the year.

There is a reason why Apple produces the best devices in the world and Acer doesn't. Sometimes it's not enough just to hire some **** hot executive. Some franchises are just brutally hard to turn around.
    i don't know if anybody really expects firing Colangelo to be a miracle cure. i do know a lot of people though who've lost confidence in his ability to effectively build a team. i don't think those people are crazy at all to want change.

vCash
    i don't know if anybody really expects firing Colangelo to be a miracle cure. i do know a lot of people though who've lost confidence in his ability to effectively build a team. i don't think those people are crazy at all to want change.
    Definitely not crazy just a bit obsessed and not entirely realistic. And the forum is nothing but complaining and blaming. It gets toxic.

vCash
    what annoys me are all the fans that beg for the Raptors to get better, say they have lost their patience for all the losing. So the franchise listens to its fans, tries to get better and fails, then the fans turn around and say, they want the team to suck for a few more years and they will be patient.

vCash
    Definitely not crazy just a bit obsessed and not entirely realistic. And the forum is nothing but complaining and blaming. It gets toxic.
    what part do you consider to be unrealistic though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    I think it's pretty unlikely that we'd have anyone better lining up to come here next.
    BC is very well respected by other GMs and people in the industry, so I'll trust them that he's not a moron more so than the opinions of anyone on here. We've had it so much worse in the past, do we really want Babcock back?

Most of us were pretty happy with BC and the direction the Raps were headed before the season so I don't really understand why that's changed?
    We weren't expected to make a lot of noise this year, and the terrible record we have is more indicative of performance than level of talent IMO.

Are we not pleased with Lowry? Jonas? DeRozan/Ross? We have some decent pieces to keep/trade in Calderon, Davis, Amir. Yes, Bargnani should probably be gone, but maybe the reason he's not is because no one else really wants him? And it seems like BC is more willing to trade him now than he has been in the past, so hopefully we'll see something happen. Besides, he turned 27 a month ago. Should we have given up on our 1st overall pick franchise player at 23 years old? 24?
    I think Casey can be a very solid coach in this league. We don't have any long-term, financially crippling contracts.

I just don't get it. Do we really want another GM in here trading away Lowry and Jonas and bringing in "his own guys".

I've heard this over and over again but when was the last time that respect won anything? Casey is said to be an incredibly well-respected figure in the coaching world but does that mean he's not being out-coached every night?

There comes a time when losses need to be cut. BC has truly done some nice things with our roster but I don't see us getting any better with him unable to accept the fact that Bargs can't be as important to an NBA team as he is to us. I know he IS important, I'm just saying that as long as that's the case we'll be a fringe playoff contender at best.

We don't have enough talent to be a run n' gun team, we're not good enough to be a slow-down grinding defensive team, we're by NO means a shooting team..... we haven't had an identity since TJ and Garbo went down. Those events were out of BC's hands which sucks because we had a roster to be proud of that year. But he's had years to turn it around and doesn't seem to be willing to do what it takes for us to get over the hump.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    To me, BC has done a nice job of assembling a team of talent that should be much better than the current record portrays. To me, one of the biggest challenges this team has right now is our starting pg has a style of play that exposes our defense to run outs off turn overs, long rebounds and so on. Our team was good last year on defense because we ran a set offense, and that allowed our players time to transition back to defense. Obviously I understand there is more to it than that, but you have PG that wants to Push and run the ball, and a supporting cast that can do it one way, but isn't able to transition back for defensive sets. Is this BC's fault? Or Casey's fault for allowing it to happen? Or Lowry's fault for not seeing this on his team as the Quarterback on the floor? Or the supporting cast fault for not adapting to the style of play and connecting to the defensive sets in transition.

We are not a team of athletic superstars that can run teams into the ground. We run out of gas in the 4th quarter every night...To me..this isn't a BC issue its a Casey issue for not managing the team correctly.

vCash
    i agree it hurts his/her cause by having cheesy jokey pics but i think if you look past it you probably see a fan who really just wants change. and we disagree about the way to affect change because if my inbox was overloaded by disgruntled customers i would be forced to pay attention.
    These people are business men. They aren't going to take spam seriously when they have better things to do.

vCash
    My favourite parts/mistakes were:

"WE THE PEOPLE" - sorry, but that kind of overblown silly rhetoric only gets a big facepalm.

"A MEDDLING (SIC) MESS"

"BUT I DO TREAD (SIC) ON HIS NAME"

I lol'd.

How can a "protest" site at least not proof-read before they hurl insults at someone else's incompetence? lol

And how do they not proof-read their GRAPHICS?!!

Yes the team sucks but that site sucks a lot worse. If ownership saw that site they would think they had a middle school rebellion on their hands. smh.

Sorry but I really can't decide which is more irritating, the awful performance of the team or the fan base. Both are excruciatingly painful.
    Lololol this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    These people are business men. They aren't going to take spam seriously when they have better things to do.
    a well thought out email isn't spam. it might be unsolicited, but it's not spam.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast