Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 97

Thread: Firebc.com

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,051
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    People are soo eagre to get rid of him without even thinking about the next move.

    Yes, he is ultimately the one to blame, and its more and more likely that he wont be re-signed. But if he goes, why do we assume that the replacement will be better? Its always collectively presumed in here that whoever comes (preferably a young guy with new ideas as it has been suggested already) in to fill the GM shoes that he will "right the ship".

    Personally, I think the likelihood of someone coming in who is "better" than BC (better ideas perhaps) is not that great like some people in here think. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but he is not useless like some people in here make him out to be. If you want examples, look at his sound draft choices -even if you don't agree with all of them, on the whole even his greatest detractors would admit to at least 'some' consistency in talent analysis.

    The opposition will say: "it cant get much worse so we're better off wihout him" -to which I would reply: yes it can get worse. Just look at the rosters we had in the late 90's pre T-Mac and post Carter exit; people forget that this franchise wasn't that far away from being contracted out at one point.

    Frustration and fury has reached a precipice now where there is very little hold on reason and opposing arguments. People are desperate for scapegoat to relieve their angst and yet no one gives thought to history.

    For the people in here that truly believe 4-16 is a fair reflection of this roster - then there is no point in debate.
    We are second worst in the league, how much worse is it going to get?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Murrrica
    Posts
    667
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas1 View Post
    We are second worst in the league, how much worse is it going to get?
    1 spot worse


    "they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,154
    vCash
    1500
    I think it's pretty unlikely that we'd have anyone better lining up to come here next.
    BC is very well respected by other GMs and people in the industry, so I'll trust them that he's not a moron more so than the opinions of anyone on here. We've had it so much worse in the past, do we really want Babcock back?

    Most of us were pretty happy with BC and the direction the Raps were headed before the season so I don't really understand why that's changed?
    We weren't expected to make a lot of noise this year, and the terrible record we have is more indicative of performance than level of talent IMO.

    Are we not pleased with Lowry? Jonas? DeRozan/Ross? We have some decent pieces to keep/trade in Calderon, Davis, Amir. Yes, Bargnani should probably be gone, but maybe the reason he's not is because no one else really wants him? And it seems like BC is more willing to trade him now than he has been in the past, so hopefully we'll see something happen. Besides, he turned 27 a month ago. Should we have given up on our 1st overall pick franchise player at 23 years old? 24?
    I think Casey can be a very solid coach in this league. We don't have any long-term, financially crippling contracts.

    I just don't get it. Do we really want another GM in here trading away Lowry and Jonas and bringing in "his own guys".

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    86
    vCash
    1500
    Bc isn't going anywhere until the end of the year. There's no point. As bad as the raptors have been you can't solely blame him. We lost out on Barnes this year on a coin toss, free agents don't want to be here without being overpaid, the one year we win the lottery was a terrible draft class and we've never had trade bait. To top it off next year we may get a great pick in another mediocre draft. Our pick that we traded was top 3 protected correct? We have to get some luck to get this franchise on track.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    86
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    I think it's pretty unlikely that we'd have anyone better lining up to come here next.
    BC is very well respected by other GMs and people in the industry, so I'll trust them that he's not a moron more so than the opinions of anyone on here. We've had it so much worse in the past, do we really want Babcock back?

    Most of us were pretty happy with BC and the direction the Raps were headed before the season so I don't really understand why that's changed?
    We weren't expected to make a lot of noise this year, and the terrible record we have is more indicative of performance than level of talent IMO.

    Are we not pleased with Lowry? Jonas? DeRozan/Ross? We have some decent pieces to keep/trade in Calderon, Davis, Amir. Yes, Bargnani should probably be gone, but maybe the reason he's not is because no one else really wants him? And it seems like BC is more willing to trade him now than he has been in the past, so hopefully we'll see something happen. Besides, he turned 27 a month ago. Should we have given up on our 1st overall pick franchise player at 23 years old? 24?
    I think Casey can be a very solid coach in this league. We don't have any long-term, financially crippling contracts.

    I just don't get it. Do we really want another GM in here trading away Lowry and Jonas and bringing in "his own guys".
    Completely agree. Well said.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jets33 View Post
    Bc isn't going anywhere until the end of the year. There's no point. As bad as the raptors have been you can't solely blame him. We lost out on Barnes this year on a coin toss, free agents don't want to be here without being overpaid, the one year we win the lottery was a terrible draft class and we've never had trade bait. To top it off next year we may get a great pick in another mediocre draft. Our pick that we traded was top 3 protected correct? We have to get some luck to get this franchise on track.
    the point to getting rid of him now would be to avoid the normal human tendency to try and save ones *** with a short term move. if you aren't bringing him back next year there is EVERY reason to make the move now and no upside to doing it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    I think it's pretty unlikely that we'd have anyone better lining up to come here next.
    BC is very well respected by other GMs and people in the industry, so I'll trust them that he's not a moron more so than the opinions of anyone on here. We've had it so much worse in the past, do we really want Babcock back?

    Most of us were pretty happy with BC and the direction the Raps were headed before the season so I don't really understand why that's changed?
    We weren't expected to make a lot of noise this year, and the terrible record we have is more indicative of performance than level of talent IMO.

    Are we not pleased with Lowry? Jonas? DeRozan/Ross? We have some decent pieces to keep/trade in Calderon, Davis, Amir. Yes, Bargnani should probably be gone, but maybe the reason he's not is because no one else really wants him? And it seems like BC is more willing to trade him now than he has been in the past, so hopefully we'll see something happen. Besides, he turned 27 a month ago. Should we have given up on our 1st overall pick franchise player at 23 years old? 24?
    I think Casey can be a very solid coach in this league. We don't have any long-term, financially crippling contracts.

    I just don't get it. Do we really want another GM in here trading away Lowry and Jonas and bringing in "his own guys".
    that's a pretty rosy picture you are painting
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    86
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    the point to getting rid of him now would be to avoid the normal human tendency to try and save ones *** with a short term move. if you aren't bringing him back next year there is EVERY reason to make the move now and no upside to doing it later.
    How about this for an upside. Gaining respect of possible gm candidates showing them they won't get canned when things go south. Also I don't think there's any short term moves that can be made that would screw this franchise besides trading Jonas and that won't happen. As far as I'm concerned a move made now would be better than a deer in the headlights. Do something. One thing is for sure. If he gets fired there will be no trades until a new gm is brought in and we need to make a trade.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,542
    vCash
    1500
    Wanting a guy fired is one thing and saying it on a forum or holding a sign at a game is one thing but making a site saying a guy should be fired, embarassing him world wide is the most pathetic crap I've ever seen in my life.

    It's the most low life move I have ever witnessed. The man has a damn family to support and someone wants to make a site saying he should lose the privileges, just disgusting.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jets33 View Post
    How about this for an upside. Gaining respect of possible gm candidates showing them they won't get canned when things go south.
    so what do you think it looks like when the season ends and they tell him to take a hike, a mutual parting of ways?

    it's the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Wanting a guy fired is one thing and saying it on a forum or holding a sign at a game is one thing but making a site saying a guy should be fired, embarassing him world wide is the most pathetic crap I've ever seen in my life.

    It's the most low life move I have ever witnessed. The man has a damn family to support and someone wants to make a site saying he should lose the privileges, just disgusting.
    really? Holding a sign up at the game is okay but providing a list of contacts for people who want to voice their displeasure to the appropriate people is no good? personally i think holding up a sign at the game sounds much worse.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-09-2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,542
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    really, holding a sign up at the game is okay but providing a list of contacts for people who want to voice their displeasure to the appropriate people is no good? holding up a sign at the game sounds much worse to me.
    Because people in China, Russia, Indoneisa watch games right to see the signs??

    I mean they probably must not get internet in Europe, Asia, Austrailia and so on and so on.

    Whats more likely a 10 year old Norweigan kid seeing the sign at a Raptors game or running into a firebc.com website on the internet accidentally??


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    86
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    really? Holding a sign up at the game is okay but providing a list of contacts for people who want to voice their displeasure to the appropriate people is no good? personally i think holding up a sign at the game sounds much worse.
    Dude you are so backwards.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jets33 View Post
    Dude you are so backwards.
    if you say so

    i'm just being honest. i would never go to a game with a sign calling for someone to be fired. now to be honest i wouldn't create a website either but one would embarrass me publicly and that's being the guy at the game holding the idiotic sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Because people in China, Russia, Indoneisa watch games right to see the signs??

    I mean they probably must not get internet in Europe, Asia, Austrailia and so on and so on.

    Whats more likely a 10 year old Norweigan kid seeing the sign at a Raptors game or running into a firebc.com website on the internet accidentally??
    i get what you are saying, i do. but this gives fans a voice. as long as people are respectful in how they contact the higher ups then i don't take issue with it. would you feel better if the website was retitled to something like "pleaseinstallanewgeneralmanagerofthetorontoraptor spleaseandthanks.com"?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •