Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Firebc.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    a well thought out email isn't spam. it might be unsolicited, but it's not spam.
    Well thought out? As soon as they see that site, they'll think the emails are BS that were written by a bunch of 13 year olds who have nothing better to do than to edit photos on paint as well as bother business men because they won't fire a guy who's contract expires at the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    a well thought out email isn't spam. it might be unsolicited, but it's not spam.
    a) it's definitely spam. they don't wanna hear from you.
    b) 90% will be garbage, so even if there's a few "well-thought out ones" it won't matter, it'll be ignored like the rest of them.
    c) these are legit businessmen, running a legit business. they won't be swayed back and forth and make drastic decisions based on the whining of a bunch of fans. just like sending an email to Gary Bettman isn't going to end the NHL lockout.
    Anything you say in an email will be ignored, and even if it wasn't, you aren't saying anything that everyone else hasn't already realized.
    To be honest, I'd think it was terrible and I'd be really disappointed if the people running the organization abandoned their plan and made corporate decisions because of junk emails from fairweather fans. Its a well-run business, they care about generating profits, not whether or not Bargnani can play effective man-to-man defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    a) it's definitely spam. they don't wanna hear from you.
    b) 90% will be garbage, so even if there's a few "well-thought out ones" it won't matter, it'll be ignored like the rest of them.
    c) these are legit businessmen, running a legit business. they won't be swayed back and forth and make drastic decisions based on the whining of a bunch of fans. just like sending an email to Gary Bettman isn't going to end the NHL lockout.
    Anything you say in an email will be ignored, and even if it wasn't, you aren't saying anything that everyone else hasn't already realized.
    To be honest, I'd think it was terrible and I'd be really disappointed if the people running the organization abandoned their plan and made corporate decisions because of junk emails from fairweather fans. Its a well-run business, they care about generating profits, not whether or not Bargnani can play effective man-to-man defense.
    while i agree that there would be a lot of emails that wouldn't amount to much more than junk if they are legitimate business men like you say they would be wise not to ignore the feedback their paying customers are giving them - no matter how they get it. even if they have to wade through a bunch of garbage.

whether you agree that the GM should be fired or not, the people who would go to that length to express their opinions are probably some of the teams most passionate supporters.

to be honest i'm worried that you are right though. they probably believe because of the leafs that they can count on raking in big dollars no matter how bad the product is. i think they'll find out the hard way that they are wrong.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Definitely not crazy just a bit obsessed and not entirely realistic. And the forum is nothing but complaining and blaming. It gets toxic.
    people are afraid that we are going to be in an endless rebuild mode

fear is contagious and it will only hurt the team's progress

vCash
    I am on board now.

vCash
    I'm not on board yet. pushing the panic button only leaves you to undervalue your talent, and get less in return when you blow things up.

vCash
    Heard BC on PrimetimeSports last night with Bob McCowan...and while he sounds stressed out and obviously rattled by the success so far, he made some great points. I agree with him that this isn't a talent issue in the sense that there isn't enough talent to be a better team that what we are seeing right now. This is an issue of Talent not performing to expectations - and how is that BC's fault. He has assembled a team that should be performing much better than they are right now - whether you put the blame on injuries, coaching etc...I'm not sure it matters...this isn't a BC issue. This is purely at the lockerroom level, and if anyone in management is responsible (which I don't think they are) its Casey. I think they are going to have to make a major move and I think that move will include some players that some on here are going to be shocked at - DD, Ed Davis, Lowry etc. I don't think that Bargnani calderon etc are going to bring in the talent we need

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567