Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Firebc.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    its actually kinda funny.
    It was so sad, it's funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Then maybe instead of making a site, you should complain about it in a better way.
    there are extremists everywhere. If the Raps were at least .500 we wouldn't be seeing this type of criticism

vCash
    there are extremists everywhere. If the Raps were at least .500 we wouldn't be seeing this type of criticism
    Then those who go out of their way to do stuff like this are sad. This stuff isn't really criticism. It's a stupid was to express your negative opinion.

"****, I have nothing better to do so I'll make a website to show how much I want the Raptors to win."

vCash
    Then maybe instead of making a site, you should complain about it in a better way.
    i think it's probably pretty safe to say when he/she has compiled a list of all of the top executives and their emails that they've probably sent a few emails themselves

i'm sorry i just don't see what better way there is than to complain to the people he reports to????

a fan only has 2 ways to express their displeasure and affect change - not buying the product, and complaining. and yet in any other business complaining is not only accepted but the norm. i don't get it. if you got a ******-*** pizza chances are you'd probably complain, even though somebody could get fired. no different.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-10-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    why are people acting like they haven't seen these type or heard of over-dramatic/douchebag fans before? every fanbase has them. welcome to the world of sports people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i think it's probably pretty safe to say when he/she has compiled a list of all of the top executives and their emails that they've probably sent a few emails themselves

i'm sorry i just don't see what better way there is than to complain to the people he reports to????

a fan only has 2 ways to express their displeasure and affect change - not buying the product, and complaining. and yet in any other business complaining is not only accepted but the norm. i don't get it. if you got a ******-*** pizza chances are you'd probably complain, even though somebody could get fired. no different.
    Complain in a professional manner instead of making websites filled with pictures edited on paint to make fun of Colangelo.

If you want to complain, do something like make petitions and actually do it in a way that can be heard and taken seriously. Not by spamming people's emails and trolling the **** out of BC.

I doubt anyone here has the maturity or the knowledge to be a CEO, but if a CEO saw that website, they wouldn't give a ****. If he saw a petition, he might care a bit more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:24657669
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    That's not how I remembered it.
    You're remembering it wrong then.
    You're missing the point of post.

Also Mo Pete was the most consistent player in a raps uniform in the season leading to Vince's winter exit.

vCash
    People are soo eagre to get rid of him without even thinking about the next move.

Yes, he is ultimately the one to blame, and its more and more likely that he wont be re-signed. But if he goes, why do we assume that the replacement will be better? Its always collectively presumed in here that whoever comes (preferably a young guy with new ideas as it has been suggested already) in to fill the GM shoes that he will "right the ship".

Personally, I think the likelihood of someone coming in who is "better" than BC (better ideas perhaps) is not that great like some people in here think. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but he is not useless like some people in here make him out to be. If you want examples, look at his sound draft choices -even if you don't agree with all of them, on the whole even his greatest detractors would admit to at least 'some' consistency in talent analysis.

The opposition will say: "it cant get much worse so we're better off wihout him" -to which I would reply: yes it can get worse. Just look at the rosters we had in the late 90's pre T-Mac and post Carter exit; people forget that this franchise wasn't that far away from being contracted out at one point.

Frustration and fury has reached a precipice now where there is very little hold on reason and opposing arguments. People are desperate for scapegoat to relieve their angst and yet no one gives thought to history.

For the people in here that truly believe 4-16 is a fair reflection of this roster - then there is no point in debate.
    QFT.

That's not how I remembered it.
    That's not the way I remember it either. The Raptors franchise was PATHETIC after the over-hyped Game 7 loss (apparently a big deal in Raptors history, a microscopic speck on the wall in league history) for several years. There is a lot more potential with this roster but people can't see that. Depressing how fans can be as steady as grass blowing in the breeze.

Anyone can see that the Raptors are terrible right now. Some can see that they are really under-achieving. Others think the sky is falling and the team has never been this bad. Well it has. It has been a lot worse. That doesn't let anyone off the hook, just saying that people lose credibility when they get so melodramatic about the team when it has been HOPELESS in other seasons and people have already forgotten. 81 anyone?
    Last edited by ink; 12-10-2012 at 08:51 AM.

vCash
    Complain in a professional manner instead of making websites filled with pictures edited on paint to make fun of Colangelo.

If you want to complain, do something like make petitions and actually do it in a way that can be heard and taken seriously. Not by spamming people's emails and trolling the **** out of BC.

I doubt anyone here has the maturity or the knowledge to be a CEO, but if a CEO saw that website, they wouldn't give a ****. If he saw a petition, he might care a bit more.
    My favourite parts/mistakes were:

"WE THE PEOPLE" - sorry, but that kind of overblown silly rhetoric only gets a big facepalm.

"A MEDDLING (SIC) MESS"

"BUT I DO TREAD (SIC) ON HIS NAME"

I lol'd.

How can a "protest" site at least not proof-read before they hurl insults at someone else's incompetence? lol

And how do they not proof-read their GRAPHICS?!!

Yes the team sucks but that site sucks a lot worse. If ownership saw that site they would think they had a middle school rebellion on their hands. smh.

Sorry but I really can't decide which is more irritating, the awful performance of the team or the fan base. Both are excruciatingly painful.
    Last edited by ink; 12-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    QFT.

That's not the way I remember it either. The Raptors franchise was PATHETIC after the over-hyped Game 7 loss (apparently a big deal in Raptors history, a microscopic speck on the wall in league history) for several years. There is a lot more potential with this roster but people can't see that. Depressing how fans can be as steady as grass blowing in the breeze.

Anyone can see that the Raptors are terrible right now. Some can see that they are really under-achieving. Others think the sky is falling and the team has never been this bad. Well it has. It has been a lot worse. That doesn't let anyone off the hook, just saying that people lose credibility when they get so melodramatic about the team when it has been HOPELESS in other seasons and people have already forgotten. 81 anyone?
    are they underachieving or are you guys overrating this team. like come on, even before the season you guys said they were a fringe playoff team- i.e. it means there is a good chance they won't make the playoffs i.e. this is being optimistic scenario of what any team could be.

if we were to extrapolate the team's wins over the course of this season since we are at 25% of the schedule ... 16 wins. this would be the worse season, i'm sure they won't get 16 wins since the schedule gets easier but you know what this COULD be.

vCash
    are they underachieving or are you guys overrating this team. like come on, even before the season you guys said they were a fringe playoff team- i.e. it means there is a good chance they won't make the playoffs i.e. this is being optimistic scenario of what any team could be.

if we were to extrapolate the team's wins over the course of this season since we are at 25% of the schedule ... 16 wins. this would be the worse season, i'm sure they won't get 16 wins since the schedule gets easier but you know what this COULD be.
    I am not over-rating them. Before the season started I wasn't expecting much improvement. I didn't get excited about many of the deals and thought this was a disappointing off-season. I said so. Dropping that low in the draft really set the tone for this season. There was a ton of potential with the talent available but Casey was determined to get wins last year. From there on we have seen some questionable moves, and pretty much everything was already underwhelming by the time we got a low lottery pick. I never got caught up in the Lowry as top 10 PG hype or the playoff hype. I don't care if the team makes the playoffs, it doesn't mean anything to me to get swept by the top seed. Nothing. I'd rather rebuild slowly. But you can see that this team has more talent than they're showing. And I am allergic to all this melodrama.
    Last edited by ink; 12-10-2012 at 09:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I am not over-rating them. Before the season started I wasn't expecting much improvement. I didn't get excited about many of the deals and thought this was a disappointing off-season. I said so. Dropping that low in the draft really set the tone for this season. There was a ton of potential with the talent available but Casey was determined to get wins last year. From there on we have seen some questionable moves, and pretty much everything was already underwhelming by the time we got a low lottery pick. I never got caught up in the Lowry as top 10 PG hype or the playoff hype. I don't care if the team makes the playoffs, it doesn't mean anything to me to get swept by the top seed. Nothing. I'd rather rebuild slowly. But you can see that this team has more talent than they're showing. And I am allergic to all this melodrama.
    aren't we having a vicious cycle here. complaining about the complainers. stay away from this if you think we're going through a rebuilding phase, BC says we are retooling and its pretty much obvious with the moves he has made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

This is the best way to show your displeasure. But it is also the hard one. Leafs put out mediocre product on the ice for a long time, but the management didnít care, because the games are mostly sold out. Even with a crappy product, fans still show up to Raptors games. So unless that changes, the management can be patient with their approach. They donít need to appease the fans in a hurry.

vCash
    aren't we having a vicious cycle here. complaining about the complainers. stay away from this if you think we're going through a rebuilding phase, BC says we are retooling and its pretty much obvious with the moves he has made.
    There are other options for fans than endless, repetitious complaining. Like Raps0809 says, write a decent, intelligible, thought-through letter to ownership and management. Thing is, if a fan REALLY does think through their letter, they will realize it is not that simple. They will start to realize that what they're saying is so ****ing obvious that everyone ALREADY gets it. That's why the complaining is so irritating. The problems are OBVIOUS.

The solutions are not.

But I am absolutely sure that management and ownership would welcome intelligent letters. They'll also welcome screaming ridiculous letters too, but no one can act on those.

vCash

i agree it hurts his/her cause by having cheesy jokey pics but i think if you look past it you probably see a fan who really just wants change. and we disagree about the way to affect change because if my inbox was overloaded by disgruntled customers i would be forced to pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast