Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebc.com

vCash
    I dont think they would hire Stefanski. Why would they promote BC's guy? If anything I think they would clean house and distance themselves from BC as much as they can. If they do that, they can promote a new beginning like they do every season.

vCash
    He's not getting fired. Move on.

vCash
    People are soo eagre to get rid of him without even thinking about the next move.

Yes, he is ultimately the one to blame, and its more and more likely that he wont be re-signed. But if he goes, why do we assume that the replacement will be better? Its always collectively presumed in here that whoever comes (preferably a young guy with new ideas as it has been suggested already) in to fill the GM shoes that he will "right the ship".

Personally, I think the likelihood of someone coming in who is "better" than BC (better ideas perhaps) is not that great like some people in here think. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but he is not useless like some people in here make him out to be. If you want examples, look at his sound draft choices -even if you don't agree with all of them, on the whole even his greatest detractors would admit to at least 'some' consistency in talent analysis.

The opposition will say: "it cant get much worse so we're better off wihout him" -to which I would reply: yes it can get worse. Just look at the rosters we had in the late 90's pre T-Mac and post Carter exit; people forget that this franchise wasn't that far away from being contracted out at one point.

Frustration and fury has reached a precipice now where there is very little hold on reason and opposing arguments. People are desperate for scapegoat to relieve their angst and yet no one gives thought to history.

For the people in here that truly believe 4-16 is a fair reflection of this roster - then there is no point in debate.

vCash
    ^^^ Seriously? Comparing our first few years as a franchise (pre T-Mac) to the present is not a good comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles:24656218
    ^^^ Seriously? Comparing our first few years as a franchise (pre T-Mac) to the present is not a good comparison.
    There was a time when our best player was Mo Peterson...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    Really? Which year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:24656675
    Really? Which year?
    The year Charlie V was drafted.

vCash
    You mean the year Bosh went to his first ASG after averaging 22.5 and 9? Or when Mike James went off for 20 PPG a season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:24656892
    You mean the year Bosh went to his first ASG after averaging 22.5 and 9? Or when Mike James went off for 20 PPG a season?
    I meant Bosh's sophomore year my bad.

vCash
    The season Bosh, Rose and even Alston outplayed Peterson?

vCash
    Won't be fired now since there's no point. But they'll definitely cleana house and can every mother****er on the staff at the end of the year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:24657272
    The season Bosh, Rose and even Alston outplayed Peterson?
    That's not how I remembered it.

vCash
    That's not how I remembered it.
    You're remembering it wrong then.

vCash
    And even still, MoPete was better than at least 10 players on this current roster. And also, MoPete was not here before T-Mac.

vCash
    People are soo eagre to get rid of him without even thinking about the next move.

Yes, he is ultimately the one to blame, and its more and more likely that he wont be re-signed. But if he goes, why do we assume that the replacement will be better? Its always collectively presumed in here that whoever comes (preferably a young guy with new ideas as it has been suggested already) in to fill the GM shoes that he will "right the ship".

Personally, I think the likelihood of someone coming in who is "better" than BC (better ideas perhaps) is not that great like some people in here think. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but he is not useless like some people in here make him out to be. If you want examples, look at his sound draft choices -even if you don't agree with all of them, on the whole even his greatest detractors would admit to at least 'some' consistency in talent analysis.

The opposition will say: "it cant get much worse so we're better off wihout him" -to which I would reply: yes it can get worse. Just look at the rosters we had in the late 90's pre T-Mac and post Carter exit; people forget that this franchise wasn't that far away from being contracted out at one point.

Frustration and fury has reached a precipice now where there is very little hold on reason and opposing arguments. People are desperate for scapegoat to relieve their angst and yet no one gives thought to history.

For the people in here that truly believe 4-16 is a fair reflection of this roster - then there is no point in debate.
    i won't speak for anyone else but i'm not suggesting the next guy will be any better. i just know this one hasn't worked so i'd rather give someone else a shot.

i also know GM's that are given this long in one place almost never work themselves out of their own mess. it almost always takes someone with no attachment to the players to right the ship.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-09-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast