Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,768
    vCash
    1500

    Game 20: Dallas Mavericks at Houston Rockets

    -------
    Mavs Game Night

    Date: December 8, 2012
    Time: 7:00 P.M. CT
    Location: Toyota Center
    TV: FSSW; CSH

    Projected Starters:
    Dallas Mavericks
    (9-10)


    FISHER-----------MAYO-------------JONES-------------WRIGHT------------KAMAN

    Projected Starters:
    Houston Rockets
    (9-9)


    LIN--------------HARDEN------------PARSONS-----------PATTERSON-------------ASIK
    Last edited by thedfactor; 12-08-2012 at 08:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Fisher at 1-5 shooting, 4 ast, 2 pf, 1 to, 5 points (0 stl or reb) and yet has been allowed to play nearly 18 minutes. How this guy is allowed to continue playing so much night in and night out, hell he keeps getting more minutes it seems, it's frustrating. What does ANYONE see in this guy?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,007
    vCash
    1500
    Fisher absolutely BLOWS in the zone he cant turn around to get to the perimeter to save his life.

    Collison absoluetly BLOWS concerning anything on offense. Throwing passes 20 feet over wide open players heads?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    528
    vCash
    1500
    We found the suceder for Dirk (or however you spell it).

    Mayo is a stud. Him and Dirk could make one hell of a duo.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,768
    vCash
    1500
    Mayo went Ham lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,401
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky recon View Post
    We found the suceder for Dirk (or however you spell it).

    Mayo is a stud. Him and Dirk could make one hell of a duo.
    Sucessor.

    Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,007
    vCash
    1500
    He's definitely not a sucessor but hes a beast

    what a performance out there he's the perfect sidekick you want to a guy like Dirk honestly. The only thing holding him back from being a superstar is his size and ability to create his own shot.

    He can create a shot but not an automatic superstar shot if u get what im saying

    still the man tho

    great game

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    He's definitely not a sucessor but hes a beast

    what a performance out there he's the perfect sidekick you want to a guy like Dirk honestly. The only thing holding him back from being a superstar is his size and ability to create his own shot.

    He can create a shot but not an automatic superstar shot if u get what im saying

    still the man tho

    great game
    Exactly. You could win a championship with Mayo as the best player, but only if he has a high quality side kick. Mayo couldn't do what Dirk did for this team in 2011.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dietzenbach, Germany
    Posts
    1,481
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    Fisher at 1-5 shooting, 4 ast, 2 pf, 1 to, 5 points (0 stl or reb) and yet has been allowed to play nearly 18 minutes. How this guy is allowed to continue playing so much night in and night out, hell he keeps getting more minutes it seems, it's frustrating. What does ANYONE see in this guy?
    I know what you mean. Maybe it's him generating calmness and overview? Less chicken run and better decision making. And coach's probably thinking that he's steering the car better than DC. Once he hits his shots, theres not much to criticize, however, he never used to score much over the past years anyway. We all know.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    528
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    Exactly. You could win a championship with Mayo as the best player, but only if he has a high quality side kick. Mayo couldn't do what Dirk did for this team in 2011.
    I didn't try to make him out to be the next Dirk or insinuate he could do things Dirk has done. There will never be another Dirk.

    He looks like a legitimate superstar caliber player from everything I've seen, and writers have been saying he's trying to improve with every game. He's got the game and mind of a champ and I hope we lock him up for a long time.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,007
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    Exactly. You could win a championship with Mayo as the best player, but only if he has a high quality side kick. Mayo couldn't do what Dirk did for this team in 2011.
    No...not a chance you could win a championship with Mayo as your best player. Sorry but there's no chance in that. How can you even imply that?

    Only way that could happen if there was 3 Mayos, and 2 DPOY Bigs (like the Pistons with Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed, Big Ben)


    Not trying to harp on this but when in the history of the league has a team won besides that Pistons team where a guy at Mayo's level is the best player.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,007
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky recon View Post

    He looks like a legitimate superstar caliber player from everything I've seen,
    If you go around saying Mayo is a superstar caliber player you're going to make the Mavs fanbase look bad just saying.
    I truly believe and trust in Mayo but there's a different between a really good player/all-star team selection for bench, than a Superstar.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    No...not a chance you could win a championship with Mayo as your best player. Sorry but there's no chance in that. How can you even imply that?

    Only way that could happen if there was 3 Mayos, and 2 DPOY Bigs (like the Pistons with Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed, Big Ben)


    Not trying to harp on this but when in the history of the league has a team won besides that Pistons team where a guy at Mayo's level is the best player.
    I'm sorry, but if you had Mayo and a high quality defensive big as your two best players, you could win a championship with the right role players. It's ridiculous to call it impossible. A great TEAM can win over talent. The 2011 Mavs proved that. I'm not saying Mayo is likely to win a championship as the best player, but he is certainly capable of doing it.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyTyrael View Post
    I know what you mean. Maybe it's him generating calmness and overview? Less chicken run and better decision making. And coach's probably thinking that he's steering the car better than DC. Once he hits his shots, theres not much to criticize, however, he never used to score much over the past years anyway. We all know.
    So, you know he's not a scorer (or defender or passer)...yet you say once he hits hit shots. This guy doesn't hit his shots. He's never hit his shots. Everyone watches like three highlights of big shots he's hit and think he's the best ****ing point guard in the world. Every stat will tell you this guy is terrible.

    How does him getting raped defensively (either by losing his man or getting blown by) help generate calmness? How does his pathetic assist totals suggest he has any overview or steering? Jason Kidd was an acceptable old point guard. He could defend, has a high IQ and can shoot better than Fisher. Fisher just sucks in every aspect of the game, and all the stats support that theory. He shouldn't be running any team, hell, he shouldn't be in the league.

    Fisher's ranks in the league:
    25.9% FG% - 391st (amongst all players, including non-qualified ones)
    3.0 APG - 47th (amongst point guards)
    5.6 AP48M - 72nd (amongst point guards)
    0.93 StlP48M - 78th (amongst point guards)
    3.7 PFP48M - 37th (amongst point guards)
    3.7 TOP48M - 52nd (amongst point guards - ranked from 1st being good)
    4.12 PER - 387th (in the NBA)
    -10.6 VA - 393rd (in the NBA)
    -0.4 EWA - 393rd in a 9 way tie (in the NBA)

    This guy should never start an NBA game. And you're gonna be hard pressed to make any logical argument this guy should be playing in any NBA game at all.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,007
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you had Mayo and a high quality defensive big as your two best players, you could win a championship with the right role players. It's ridiculous to call it impossible. A great TEAM can win over talent. The 2011 Mavs proved that. I'm not saying Mayo is likely to win a championship as the best player, but he is certainly capable of doing it.
    NO WAY. Im sorry but no way you're being WAY too lenient on winning a CHAMPIONSHIP. Mayo is no where as dominant as Dirk was in 2011 and isn't unguardable which Dirk was, so don't throw that out there


    Okay yeah you're right it's not impossible, he could shoot 40 3s a game and miracously hit 30 of them or something but yes I think it'd be near impossible for a team to win it all with Mayo as the best player. You NEED at least one dominant player to win a ring. Only case is Pistons but that's very rare and they were all defensive elites.


    The only way it could happen is if he was paired with like Shaq or maybe a Howard. But then that'd make Mayo not the best player on the team...soo yea it couldn't happen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •