Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Will Adrian Peterson get help? Or will the Vikings screw it up?

I was watching A football life earlier this week about Barry Sanders, one of the best running backs of all time and a running back who could have surpassed Walter Paytons record if he did not walk away to soon. I told myself that it seems like Adrian is in the same situation with the Vikings, great person, great running back, class guy, but what is he getting for it? He is leading a whole team on his back with no deep threat, no quarterback that can lead the offense from behind, and a situation that has been like that for what? Since he was drafted (well earlier than that but we didnt have a franchise guy since Randy Moss).

So my question is will the Minnesota Vikings help Adrian Peterson? Or will the Vikings front office do to Peterson what the Lions front office did to Barry Sanders? And that is NOTHING. A great player getting nothing in return and that is not the way to go. You dont want Adrian to be remembered as the guy in the NFC championship game that fumbled the ball 4-5 times, he has been working harder than ever to get back from the injury and he has fixed the fumbling problems and what has he gotten in return? Other than a massive contract which deserves but around him though? Nothing.

So I just wanted to get that out of the way, because after watching a football life on the NFL network it just got me thinking that the vikings need to get off their ***** and work hard to get what Peterson needs around him so he can get that Super Bowl.

vCash
    We are slowly building our Line...I say we are set but need two new Guards...On top of that at this point I say we get a PROVEN PROVEN PROVEN passer in Palmer form Oakland, and try to land just one WR this offseason via the Draft or FA and we are set..Every young guy we drafted this season has shown something to be excited about. Kalil, Harrison, Josh, both Arkansas Boys even though Childs is hurt, Ellison, Cole and our BADDASS kicker Walsh. If we have even half of a draft like this next year we are set.

vCash
    Please not Carson Palmer. Honestly, we could give a 2nd round pick to San Diego for Rivers and Wed still be fine. A second rounder may seem like a lot now but what second round player will give us as much of a lift as Phillip Rivers would? How about Matt Moore? I want one of them two guys here... I'd even go on a limb to say Alex Smith for a second round. We need that QB position fixed... That's the big problem.

vCash
    No to Alex Smith. Especially not for a 2nd rounder. He is way too much like Ponder except he's older. I could see how Rivers or Palmer would help us out but then we are going right back to our old way of constantly bringing in ageing vets at QB. And that hurts our future. Unless we also get a young raw stud to learn for a few years. Hell Ponder may still shake out but I'm not gonna hold my breath. One thing is for sure we have a problem at QB that I don't see being solved for quite some time unless we pull of a move like the Bears did with Cutler.(why oh why couldn't that have been us? F U chilly)
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    probably not this year but we need to either draft, trade or sign some play making WR'S next season. Harvin gets hurt way too much. That has to be our #1 goal next season along with getting a QB.

vCash
    we need a guy that can go up there and get it a tall wide receiver that can get up there like justin hunter from tenn or Terrance Williams from Baylor

vCash
    You guys are crazy if you think SD is going to let Rivers go. If they did it sure in hell won't be for a 2nd Round pick. He's a top 15 guy easily and you all know how hard it is to find QB's in this league.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0