Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Scherzer's ready to be a 20 win pitcher and judging by what James Shields just brought, your deal isn't even close to what we should get back. In fact, I don't think the Cubs even have what it would take to get him unless they want to trade their SS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    lol @ Barney for Max

I'd trade him for MLB players that are under the age of 26 and must have shown the ability to play in the pros. Unless the team is going rebuild then I want prospects, something around the lines of 2 blue chippers.
    Ahoda, you are probably right...Barney is and a prospect is a little weak for return...I guess what I was getting at was that I do not see Barney and Castro both being given up in the same deal/primarily for one starting pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Scherzer's ready to be a 20 win pitcher and judging by what James Shields just brought, your deal isn't even close to what we should get back. In fact, I don't think the Cubs even have what it would take to get him unless they want to trade their SS?
    Scherzer certainly has the ability to win 20 games but he also has a higher risk of getting an injury. Shields is proven 200+ innings per year, I don't see Max getting there. After what KC got though, I would 100% ask for

CHC:
    1) Castro and McNutt for Scherzer and Putkonen
    2) Barney and Baez for Scherzer and Westlake

TEX:
    Andrus and Font for Scherzer and Vasquez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Scherzer certainly has the ability to win 20 games but he also has a higher risk of getting an injury. Shields is proven 200+ innings per year, I don't see Max getting there. After what KC got though, I would 100% ask for

CHC:
    1) Castro and McNutt for Scherzer and Putkonen
    2) Barney and Baez for Scherzer and Westlake

TEX:
    Andrus and Font for Scherzer and Vasquez
    Castro and/or Andrus would be my preference...I don't LOVE Barney like everyone else does, he is good though.

vCash
    What about Wilton Lopez, Carlos Correa, Jed Lowrie, Jarred Cosart, and Lance McCullers for Scherzer, and Jhonny Peralta?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    What about Wilton Lopez, Carlos Correa, Jed Lowrie, Jarred Cosart, and Lance McCullers for Scherzer, and Jhonny Peralta?
    wilton got delt to colorado
    BREAKOUT PLAYER OF THE YEAR..LEHGOO

DE 6'5 251 lbs OF PURE STEEL

#79 BIG WILLY YOUNG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Castro and/or Andrus would be my preference...I don't LOVE Barney like everyone else does, he is good though.
    I don't love him either but he's a real solid 2B option. Baez could be a top SS, but they say he could get moved to 3B. His bat is real good and his d is certainly an upgrade. I would go hard after Castro first though and use that as a backup option, in case no better offers were available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    I don't love him either but he's a real solid 2B option. Baez could be a top SS, but they say he could get moved to 3B. His bat is real good and his d is certainly an upgrade. I would go hard after Castro first though and use that as a backup option, in case no better offers were available.
    I think we both agree on Barney...we wouldn't turn him down but we like Castro MUCH better. Everything I have read does have Baez slated to be a 3B as well; I think a big part of that though is the fact that all Chicago media is referencing Castro at SS which they should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalions23 View Post
    wilton got delt to colorado
    You are correct, I am sorry...I forgot about that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12