Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What would you want back for Scherzer?

Tried to post a version of this in the main forum but it was moved to some thread no one reads. In the 2 minutes before it was moved, a Cubs fan said he thought Barney and a pitching prospect. Would you go for that? What would you think was a fair return?

vCash
    That seems kinda low for Scherzer, but I'm basing it just on talent and not the other factors (contracts years, salaries, arb eligibilities, etc). I really like Barney though.

vCash
    Yeah, I think with a decent pitching prospect (potential back end SP, decent RP) it might be fair. Barney would be a good piece.

vCash
    A front line pitching prospect and some middle infield prospects. That's what I'd be looking for.

That being said, I wouldn't trade him.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    This will not happen. You don't trade a front line pitcher when you are making a run at the world series. That said. I would trade him for top middle infield prospects only since we lack in that area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    This will not happen. You don't trade a front line pitcher when you are making a run at the world series. That said. I would trade him for top middle infield prospects only since we lack in that area.
    This

vCash
    The three posts above mine are my response as well.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Add Peralta to it and give me Starlin Castro, the Cubs can keep their pitching prospect.

Will. Never. Happen.

But you asked.

vCash
    Scherzer would be an ace on half of the teams in mlb. The only reason he is not now is Verlander who is the best pitcher in baseball. There are not many guys I would rather have than Scherzer.

The only logical trade I see is someone looking for another pitcher giving up an all star caliber talent for him. Maybe a team like Texas giving up Elvis Andrus for Scherzer and a prospect. I think it would take someone who is top 5 at their position to get Scherzer because I believe he is that good. Plus he is only 28 and only makes around 4 million.

vCash
    Scherzer is gonna get paid in a couple years when he's 30, probably close to $20 million per, he strikes out a lot of guys but he's not an innings eater at all. That being said, I wouldn't want a prospect for him, I want proven talent, and Barney alone is not enough.

vCash
    Castro, Barney, marmol, and maybe a prospect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    Scherzer would be an ace on half of the teams in mlb. The only reason he is not now is Verlander who is the best pitcher in baseball. There are not many guys I would rather have than Scherzer.

The only logical trade I see is someone looking for another pitcher giving up an all star caliber talent for him. Maybe a team like Texas giving up Elvis Andrus for Scherzer and a prospect. I think it would take someone who is top 5 at their position to get Scherzer because I believe he is that good. Plus he is only 28 and only makes around 4 million.
    I have thought for a long time that Andrus for Scherzer has been the best trade scenario...I agree. Just FYI, Scherzer's $3.75M is going to go to probably $7M for 2013, just a guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    WHAT? That's insane!!!

As a Tiger fan I would LOVE that, in a heartbeat done, but there's no way you get that for Scherzer.

Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I have thought for a long time that Andrus for Scherzer has been the best trade scenario...I agree. Just FYI, Scherzer's $3.75M is going to go to probably $7M for 2013, just a guess.
    I agree. Both teams get what they need and both players are equal. Most fair scenario I can think of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    Maybe Barney and a prospect. Maybe Castro straight up. Maybe Barney and Marmol. But no way Barney and Castro together in a deal...

vCash
    lol @ Barney for Max

I'd trade him for MLB players that are under the age of 26 and must have shown the ability to play in the pros. Unless the team is going rebuild then I want prospects, something around the lines of 2 blue chippers.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast