Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,757
    vCash
    2766
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^Thats exactly what I'm thinking but everybody seems convinced that that is the way to go. Since I'm opened minded I won't oppose to it.
    What's the alternative at the present moment though?
    We can continue to play average with players that will never be enough to win a ring, or we can take a chance and suck, get good picks and young talent via trade, and then shoot for stars as they become free agents.
    Trying to piece together an elite team won't happen. I'm not content on playoffs. If we don't have at least players with potential, I could care less.

    I believe this is the direction we're headed and I truely believe the Suns team we see now will not be anything close to the Suns team we see to start next season.

    I expect Gortat, Scola, O'neal, Telfair to be gone at the very least (in terms of players in the rotation). Plug in youth and hope one works. It took a while for Minny but they have the pieces now. I know we could do it too.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    There ya go...Whadda recipe for success...get a lousy record and say you get lucky in the lottery and say mebbe get the # 2 pick....Alrighty...let's draft a "can't miss" guy like saaaaay...like a Michael Beasley. yup...we're on a roll now fer sure!
    Then there's the following Draft, and the next, and the next... Unlike bad contracts, picking draft busts doesn't cripple your franchise for years.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,669
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^Technically it does financially. Bad product on the floor wont put fans on the seats. I said this in a different thread already that the change starts with the owner. He has to be willingbto lose money ij order to acquire high picks and possibly draft your superstar. If not that then the owner has to have deeeeeeeeep pockets other wise we are going to stay this mediocre for such a long period of time.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^Technically it does financially. Bad product on the floor wont put fans on the seats. I said this in a different thread already that the change starts with the owner. He has to be willingbto lose money ij order to acquire high picks and possibly draft your superstar. If not that then the owner has to have deeeeeeeeep pockets other wise we are going to stay this mediocre for such a long period of time.
    Fans don't come to watch players underperforming either. At least you can ride the hype of a top prospect rookie longer than an established player who isnít playing up to their contract.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,669
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^Yeah but Sarver is a business man he likes money he would rather hype us up with established players instead of rookies. This is not a matter of what the FO does or the rest of the staff. This all goes back up top to our owner who still hasn't proven he is willing to INVEST. Investments are risky they either pay off or don't which is exactly what rookies are. We will see exactly what his intentions are depending on what kind of moves we make, or don't make, by the trade deadline.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,757
    vCash
    2766
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^Yeah but Sarver is a business man he likes money he would rather hype us up with established players instead of rookies. This is not a matter of what the FO does or the rest of the staff. This all goes back up top to our owner who still hasn't proven he is willing to INVEST. Investments are risky they either pay off or don't which is exactly what rookies are. We will see exactly what his intentions are depending on what kind of moves we make, or don't make, by the trade deadline.
    Hopefully Babby and Blanks can convince him that it's in the teams best interest to put this to rest. Getting Dragic was a very smart move and I'm very happy with him.
    Beasley might end up being a bench player for us until his contract ends. But at least for those 3 years, we'll get more than we will would have from Childress' remaining 3 years.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^Yeah but Sarver is a business man he likes money he would rather hype us up with established players instead of rookies. This is not a matter of what the FO does or the rest of the staff. This all goes back up top to our owner who still hasn't proven he is willing to INVEST. Investments are risky they either pay off or don't which is exactly what rookies are. We will see exactly what his intentions are depending on what kind of moves we make, or don't make, by the trade deadline.
    Who's hype would last longer? A top 5 draft pick who gets to start from day 1 and gets 25+ minutes a game or a guy like Beasley who even the most optimistic Suns fans have now realised isnít going to amount to anything?

    Beasley, Gordon, Mayo were all risky FA signings that we pursued. Gordon is still injured and who knows when heíll return and how his game will have been affected by his numerous injuries. Mayo was probably the least popular choice out of those 3 but so far heís the only guy performing. FA is just as much a crapshoot as the Draft. Iím sure more NOH fans are buying Davis jerseys than Gordon jerseys.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,623
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Who's hype would last longer? A top 5 draft pick who gets to start from day 1 and gets 25+ minutes a game or a guy like Beasley who even the most optimistic Suns fans have now realised isnít going to amount to anything?

    Beasley, Gordon, Mayo were all risky FA signings that we pursued. Gordon is still injured and who knows when heíll return and how his game will have been affected by his numerous injuries. Mayo was probably the least popular choice out of those 3 but so far heís the only guy performing. FA is just as much a crapshoot as the Draft. Iím sure more NOH fans are buying Davis jerseys than Gordon jerseys.
    I was against Mayo, cautiously optimistic about Beasely and excited about Gordon. -- Boy was i wrong LOL!

    Was right about Scola and Oneal though, that they would contribute, not game changers.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    I was against Mayo, cautiously optimistic about Beasely and excited about Gordon. -- Boy was i wrong LOL!

    Was right about Scola and Oneal though, that they would contribute, not game changers.
    I was exactly the same, although I've always been high on Mayo (and Beasley for that matter) because my opinion was that heíd never been given the right opportunity to develop and showcase his skillset (which was my assumption with Beasley too). Right in one instance, wrong in the other.

    I knew that Scola would be good, but I thought JO would be terrible.

    Just goes to show how hard it is to predict these things, whether it be scouting potential draft prospects or evaluating FAís. Both involve a great degree of risk, however the Draft route is far less risky financially IMO and allows greater flexibility going forward.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,623
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I was exactly the same, although I've always been high on Mayo (and Beasley for that matter) because my opinion was that heíd never been given the right opportunity to develop and showcase his skillset (which was my assumption with Beasley too). Right in one instance, wrong in the other.

    I knew that Scola would be good, but I thought JO would be terrible.

    Just goes to show how hard it is to predict these things, whether it be scouting potential draft prospects or evaluating FAís. Both involve a great degree of risk, however the Draft route is far less risky financially IMO and allows greater flexibility going forward.
    Agree on that cheaper too, which will tickle cheapskate Sarver pink

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Who's hype would last longer? A top 5 draft pick who gets to start from day 1 and gets 25+ minutes a game or a guy like Beasley who even the most optimistic Suns fans have now realised isnít going to amount to anything?

    Beasley, Gordon, Mayo were all risky FA signings that we pursued. Gordon is still injured and who knows when heíll return and how his game will have been affected by his numerous injuries. Mayo was probably the least popular choice out of those 3 but so far heís the only guy performing. FA is just as much a crapshoot as the Draft. Iím sure more NOH fans are buying Davis jerseys than Gordon jerseys.
    From Sarver's point of view Beasley and Dragic. From our point of view a top pick. You're missing the whole point Sarver is a business man, that's all he knows and that is all he will ever know. It is easier to fool the casual NBA fan(which is the majority of people that go to the game) into believing that a team with Beasley, who just by looking at his per game stats looks very promising, will win more and make the playoffs as opposed to trying to sell unproven/unknown players. I'm not against drafting I'm open minded about it if you're not going to spend stop wasting my time and rebuild through draft.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,669
    vCash
    1500
    What I mean when I say "looking at Beasley's per game stats" is looking at his stats previous to his injury and benching in Minny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •