Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    This has become a disaster. Your 12/13 phoenix suns

vCash
    Scola just saved us from being part of a highlight. Great D all the way from the Clips. Scola grabs the airball and puts it in with no time left on the shotclock.

vCash
    O'Neal ejected... we're unraveling right now.

Only Beasley could have 21 points in 21 minutes on only 10 shots and still have the worst plus minus of anyone in the game. He has played much better offensively tonight than his usual fare, but this clearly demonstrates how amazing he would have to be on offense in order to overcome all of his other weaknesses.

The team overall plays so much worse with him on the court that I wonder if his teammates just assume they're going to get butchered with Beasley in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    O'Neal ejected... we're unraveling right now.

Only Beasley could have 21 points in 21 minutes on only 10 shots and still have the worst plus minus of anyone in the game. He has played much better offensively tonight than his usual fare, but this clearly demonstrates how amazing he would have to be on offense in order to overcome all of his other weaknesses.

The team overall plays so much worse with him on the court that I wonder if his teammates just assume they're going to get butchered with Beasley in the game.
    Why are you blaming him for the entire team playing poorly? He's made mistakes but +/-'s are misleading. Just because you're on the court doesn't mean it's your fault specifically.
    He's not having an awful defensive game. You can't defend fast breaks off turnovers.

vCash
    Dragic was -10 in less minutes than Beasley but was a FAR bigger reason this game was lost.

vCash
    Per Coro, if we lose tomorrow it'll be our longest losing streak since pre-Nash.
    Sad thing is, I actually knew that. I can't remember the last time we were that bad.
    Maybe it was when we became the first ever team to lose ten in a row only to later win ten in a row in the same season during the Kidd era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Why are you blaming him for the entire team playing poorly? He's made mistakes but +/-'s are misleading. Just because you're on the court doesn't mean it's your fault specifically.
    He's not having an awful defensive game. You can't defend fast breaks off turnovers.
    I'm not laying it all on him, but he did have an aaaaaawful defensive game. Gortat, Dragic both played miserably. O'Neal ejected, Dragic bad fouls... its not ALL on Beasley. But the TEAM plays awful along side him and they do it every game and its not a coincidence.

I agree that +,- stats can be misleading in individual games, but Beasley has the worst +,- in the entire league... by a wide margin. The Suns have now been outscored by 163 points with him on the court this year, and we actually have outscored the opposition by 65 when he is on the bench. A 228 point swing. While he has been awful on both ends its also clear his teammates play far worse with him on the court... is that a coincidence or does his "catch and hold" offense take everyone else out of rhythm? And defensively IMO he screws up everyone because he gets lost so frequently that guys end up in mismatches and the help defense isnt there because Beasley doesnt rotate.

You can claim I put too much on him but when the team is actually playing like an above average team when he is riding the bench and when he is on the court we are the worst team in the league... its hard to understate the negative impact he has.

vCash
    ^^^^Chemistry and the right players is the cause for that. Which goes back to the Coach by the way.

Dragic-Tucker-Beasley-Scola/Kieff-O'neal is the best line up IMao if you want to play Beasley. You need players who don't need the ball to be succesful so Beasley can do what he does which is put the ball in the basket and create every now and then.

vCash
    keep those losses coming baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^^Chemistry and the right players is the cause for that. Which goes back to the Coach by the way.

Dragic-Tucker-Beasley-Scola/Kieff-O'neal is the best line up IMao if you want to play Beasley. You need players who don't need the ball to be succesful so Beasley can do what he does which is put the ball in the basket and create every now and then.
    Tucker is hurt, Dragic got in foul trouble, O'Neal got ejected... I can't blame the coach.

And I dont think Beasley and Dragic play well together... at all. Dragic needs the ball to be effective and you can see the irritation on his face when Beasley shakes him off and brings the ball up court on his own. I dont really know what lineup works with Beasley in it right now. So far on the year none of them seem to.

vCash
    ^^^ I meant for the future when we have everybody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Tucker is hurt, Dragic got in foul trouble, O'Neal got ejected... I can't blame the coach.

And I dont think Beasley and Dragic play well together... at all. Dragic needs the ball to be effective and you can see the irritation on his face when Beasley shakes him off and brings the ball up court on his own. I dont really know what lineup works with Beasley in it right now. So far on the year none of them seem to.
    Agree, maybe that's why beasly was better with bassy offensively.

But to say that the coach is never at fault is plain nuts! you've always lay it all on beasly and not once did you say that the coach had a hand on any loss -- it's always the he have bum players and the worst player in the league excuse. How long is he gonna hide and you gonna defend him with this sorry excuse.?

He is clearly way over his head, he does not know what to do anymore.

But! Im all for keeping him -- Im on the 'let's tank the season ' bandwagon now. I say lets play beasely and keep gentry coaching.

Inept player + inept coach = high draft pick. Now that's a math i can live with.
    Last edited by rocky4104; 12-09-2012 at 02:07 AM.

vCash
    There ya go...Whadda recipe for success...get a lousy record and say you get lucky in the lottery and say mebbe get the # 2 pick....Alrighty...let's draft a "can't miss" guy like saaaaay...like a Michael Beasley. yup...we're on a roll now fer sure!

vCash
    ^^^Thats exactly what I'm thinking but everybody seems convinced that that is the way to go. Since I'm opened minded I won't oppose to it.

vCash
    let's face it, its hard for phoenix to attract established stars, we dont have trade chips to get a game changer, what is our best bet then?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast