Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,836
    vCash
    2766
    This has become a disaster. Your 12/13 phoenix suns

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,836
    vCash
    2766
    Scola just saved us from being part of a highlight. Great D all the way from the Clips. Scola grabs the airball and puts it in with no time left on the shotclock.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    O'Neal ejected... we're unraveling right now.

    Only Beasley could have 21 points in 21 minutes on only 10 shots and still have the worst plus minus of anyone in the game. He has played much better offensively tonight than his usual fare, but this clearly demonstrates how amazing he would have to be on offense in order to overcome all of his other weaknesses.

    The team overall plays so much worse with him on the court that I wonder if his teammates just assume they're going to get butchered with Beasley in the game.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,836
    vCash
    2766
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    O'Neal ejected... we're unraveling right now.

    Only Beasley could have 21 points in 21 minutes on only 10 shots and still have the worst plus minus of anyone in the game. He has played much better offensively tonight than his usual fare, but this clearly demonstrates how amazing he would have to be on offense in order to overcome all of his other weaknesses.

    The team overall plays so much worse with him on the court that I wonder if his teammates just assume they're going to get butchered with Beasley in the game.
    Why are you blaming him for the entire team playing poorly? He's made mistakes but +/-'s are misleading. Just because you're on the court doesn't mean it's your fault specifically.
    He's not having an awful defensive game. You can't defend fast breaks off turnovers.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,836
    vCash
    2766
    Dragic was -10 in less minutes than Beasley but was a FAR bigger reason this game was lost.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,836
    vCash
    2766
    Per Coro, if we lose tomorrow it'll be our longest losing streak since pre-Nash.
    Sad thing is, I actually knew that. I can't remember the last time we were that bad.
    Maybe it was when we became the first ever team to lose ten in a row only to later win ten in a row in the same season during the Kidd era.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Why are you blaming him for the entire team playing poorly? He's made mistakes but +/-'s are misleading. Just because you're on the court doesn't mean it's your fault specifically.
    He's not having an awful defensive game. You can't defend fast breaks off turnovers.
    I'm not laying it all on him, but he did have an aaaaaawful defensive game. Gortat, Dragic both played miserably. O'Neal ejected, Dragic bad fouls... its not ALL on Beasley. But the TEAM plays awful along side him and they do it every game and its not a coincidence.

    I agree that +,- stats can be misleading in individual games, but Beasley has the worst +,- in the entire league... by a wide margin. The Suns have now been outscored by 163 points with him on the court this year, and we actually have outscored the opposition by 65 when he is on the bench. A 228 point swing. While he has been awful on both ends its also clear his teammates play far worse with him on the court... is that a coincidence or does his "catch and hold" offense take everyone else out of rhythm? And defensively IMO he screws up everyone because he gets lost so frequently that guys end up in mismatches and the help defense isnt there because Beasley doesnt rotate.

    You can claim I put too much on him but when the team is actually playing like an above average team when he is riding the bench and when he is on the court we are the worst team in the league... its hard to understate the negative impact he has.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^^Chemistry and the right players is the cause for that. Which goes back to the Coach by the way.

    Dragic-Tucker-Beasley-Scola/Kieff-O'neal is the best line up IMao if you want to play Beasley. You need players who don't need the ball to be succesful so Beasley can do what he does which is put the ball in the basket and create every now and then.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,929
    vCash
    1500
    keep those losses coming baby

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^^Chemistry and the right players is the cause for that. Which goes back to the Coach by the way.

    Dragic-Tucker-Beasley-Scola/Kieff-O'neal is the best line up IMao if you want to play Beasley. You need players who don't need the ball to be succesful so Beasley can do what he does which is put the ball in the basket and create every now and then.
    Tucker is hurt, Dragic got in foul trouble, O'Neal got ejected... I can't blame the coach.

    And I dont think Beasley and Dragic play well together... at all. Dragic needs the ball to be effective and you can see the irritation on his face when Beasley shakes him off and brings the ball up court on his own. I dont really know what lineup works with Beasley in it right now. So far on the year none of them seem to.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^ I meant for the future when we have everybody.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Tucker is hurt, Dragic got in foul trouble, O'Neal got ejected... I can't blame the coach.

    And I dont think Beasley and Dragic play well together... at all. Dragic needs the ball to be effective and you can see the irritation on his face when Beasley shakes him off and brings the ball up court on his own. I dont really know what lineup works with Beasley in it right now. So far on the year none of them seem to.
    Agree, maybe that's why beasly was better with bassy offensively.

    But to say that the coach is never at fault is plain nuts! you've always lay it all on beasly and not once did you say that the coach had a hand on any loss -- it's always the he have bum players and the worst player in the league excuse. How long is he gonna hide and you gonna defend him with this sorry excuse.?

    He is clearly way over his head, he does not know what to do anymore.

    But! Im all for keeping him -- Im on the 'let's tank the season ' bandwagon now. I say lets play beasely and keep gentry coaching.

    Inept player + inept coach = high draft pick. Now that's a math i can live with.
    Last edited by rocky4104; 12-09-2012 at 02:07 AM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,066
    vCash
    1500
    There ya go...Whadda recipe for success...get a lousy record and say you get lucky in the lottery and say mebbe get the # 2 pick....Alrighty...let's draft a "can't miss" guy like saaaaay...like a Michael Beasley. yup...we're on a roll now fer sure!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^Thats exactly what I'm thinking but everybody seems convinced that that is the way to go. Since I'm opened minded I won't oppose to it.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,626
    vCash
    1500
    let's face it, its hard for phoenix to attract established stars, we dont have trade chips to get a game changer, what is our best bet then?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •