Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    did anyone else see that if the dodgers cant sign Ryu today they will shift their focus to sanchez? are you freakin kidding me?
    Might be time to take somebody off their hands.

Chris Capuano could be had for not much. 200IP at 4.0 ERA for $6M in 2013 and a mutual option for 2014 at $8M.

Certainly a better option than Happ at #5 and the one or two year time frame fits just perfectly.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    did anyone else see that if the dodgers cant sign Ryu today they will shift their focus to sanchez? are you freakin kidding me?
    Yeah, they are throwing money around like a drunk man at a strip club. Will probably bite them in the butt in a few years, but man, must be fun to be a Dodger fan knowing that money is truly no object.

I'm also amused at the flak the Yankees are taking for not spending. The world has gone crazy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    Might be time to take somebody off their hands.

Chris Capuano could be had for not much. 200IP at 4.0 ERA for $6M in 2013 and a mutual option for 2014 at $8M.

Certainly a better option than Happ at #5 and the one or two year time frame fits just perfectly.
    Based on the market, I don't think any reasonably good pitcher is going to be able to be had for cheap

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    At least the Dodgers are not in our division or the AL even...

vCash
    I'm really glad Greinke didn't sign with Texas or LA Angels.

But holy taledo are the Dodgers opening their wallets for these players.
    Their payroll next year is... get this... over 220 million dollars. That's absolutely insane.

Greinke, Ramirez, Kemp, Beckett, Crawford and Gonzalez all make a lot. It's nuts if their actually gonna go after Sanchez. Crazy. I hope it bites them in the ***.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    No one has signed Marcum yet. I'd be open to the Jays bringing him back. But after the deal Greinke just got, imagine what Sanchez and Marcum can get. Not saying they're on his level but still.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I'm really glad Greinke didn't sign with Texas or LA Angels.

Their payroll next year is... get this... over 220 million dollars. That's absolutely insane.

Greinke, Ramirez, Kemp, Beckett, Crawford and Gonzalez all make a lot. It's nuts if their actually gonna go after Sanchez. Crazy. I hope it bites them in the ***.
    The Dodgers are making a quarter of a billion dollars a year from their TV deal alone. I actually expect them to go after more of the big names

All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Dodgers miss playoffs, riot at the park......

vCash
    Greinke has an opt out clause after 3 years, at which time he would have already made 76m. I don't know if anyone will pay him 24m for the 3 years he opts from, but if he is dominating after 3 yrs. maybe he goes after a 5 year deal elsewhere as a FA.

Can't wait to see what the remaining SP want now! Esp. to clubs desperate to sign SP'ers. The bottom price just went up a notch I'd expect.

vCash

multi team trade

AA , Daniels team up and make a multiplayer trade with Mets

Texas trades for Dickey

Mets trades for Arencibia plus Olt plus Rajai Davis

Blue Jays trade for Ogando plus Ike Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    This is why i crap on Bud Selig from time to time. What the game needed from the new CBA was a harder CAP to stop this kind of crap from happening. How is this fair, and how is it good for the game?

There was so much emphasis in the new CBA on the draft, and cutting back the spending there. Who the hell cares if a team spends $11mm on the draft instead of $8mm. Is this really a huge problem? Sure, put a cap in there at some point, but the draft was hardly the problem in MLB.

Meanwhile teams are going crazy on Freeagents and spending $150 and $200mm on single players. F *******ing Nuts!!! And team payrolls are unbalanced. I really feel the game is being destroyed right before our eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    This is why i crap on Bud Selig from time to time. What the game needed from the new CBA was a harder CAP to stop this kind of crap from happening. How is this fair, and how is it good for the game?

There was so much emphasis in the new CBA on the draft, and cutting back the spending there. Who the hell cares if a team spends $11mm on the draft instead of $8mm. Is this really a huge problem? Sure, put a cap in there at some point, but the draft was hardly the problem in MLB.

Meanwhile teams are going crazy on Freeagents and spending $150 and $200mm on single players. F *******ing Nuts!!! And team payrolls are unbalanced. I really feel the game is being destroyed right before our eyes.
    So... let's say there's a cap for 150 million. How will that make teams like KC and Oakland spend even close to that cap number?

Then what happens when an international free agent comes available? Guys like Darvish and Hyun-Jin... probably Otani in a few years. What stops them from buying up every one of those players? It would be pretty easy, and the Dodgers could have still signed Grienke this offseason with a cap as long as they didn't make that trade with the Red Sox.

This has been repeated so many times it's gross, but for the 12093234 time in this debate, you want better revenue sharing, not a salary cap. Then other teams can actually afford to put more money on the field, especially if teams like the Dodgers and Yankees had to shell out a ton of cash to teams like the Rays (a division rival in the Yankees case, no less) in order to make a big free agent signing.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post

Selig should have vetoed the Jays trade and made the Marlins trade each player to a different team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Selig should have vetoed the Jays trade and made the Marlins trade each player to a different team.
    What does that have to do with the point he just made?

He's bang on, at what point does the descrepancy stop. Is it when there are four or five teams that can spend at will and the lower eschelon of teams struggle? Oh that's European soccer.
    I have this argument all the time with people, the money generating teams ala the dodgers would not generate the same amount in a 10 team league.

As for revenue sharing, the most successful league in the world seems to be doing alright even when the packers, or steelers, or the saints win it all and can compete on a more level playing field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jensan View Post
    AA , Daniels team up and make a multiplayer trade with Mets

Texas trades for Dickey

Mets trades for Arencibia plus Olt plus Rajai Davis

Blue Jays trade for Ogando plus Ike Davis
    Arencibia and Rajai for Ogando and Ike Davis??

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast