Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    Dodgers sign Greinke for 6/$147mm. Good luck LA getting value out of that contract!
    Thats crazy stuff. But when you have the money to spend and you don't care how much you spend I guess you make these deals.
    Should start some wheels moving. Wonder what Sanchez will go for now?

vCash
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    It'll be interesting to see whether Clayton Kershaw or David Price becomes the first $200m pitcher ever; they have best shot right now.

who do you guys think?............if price wasnt with tampa I could see it beign close

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    What would verlander get? 250?

vCash
    If Price was on the open market this year, if Grienke is getting 24.5m a year, Price would be worth get more. 200m is a lot, but there are a few teams out there that might come close to that based on more term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    If Price was on the open market this year, if Grienke is getting 24.5m a year, Price would be worth get more. 200m is a lot, but there are a few teams out there that might come close to that based on more term.
    Yeah...26*8=208. If Price hit the market right now, I could see that.

vCash
    Some interesting twitter tidbits re: Dodgers

Dodgers currently have $210,130,953 in commitments for players on their roster today. The Astros have $800,000.
    For those wondering if that's real, here is Astros' current balance sheet: http://bit.ly/XE4gWD . Only Phil Humber, at $800K, under contract.
    With the estimated $24M+ Zack Greinke will make this year, the 2013 Dodgers will have the largest payroll in MLB history.
    Total for 2014 Dodgers: an estimated $175M among Greinke, Gonzo, Crawford, Kemp, Beckett, Hanley, Ethier, Billingsley, Kershaw and League.
    Jeff Passan

What 365 days can do: On this day last year, #Angels signed Pujols & CJ and many felt they were on the verge of taking over the LA market.
    https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez

The Dodgers will have 10 players paid between $11m and $24.5m annually next season.
    https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN

vCash
    Do you guys think the Mets can work out a trade for Gose/JPA without including Dickey or Niese? I think we end up sending Dickey to Texas for a Mike Olt package. I still think the Jays/Mets are good fits for eachother.

We have really deep pitching in the minors. Guys like Familia, Mejia Fulmer, Montero, Tapia, Mazonni and we have some young hitters that can interest you guys in Wilmer Flores, Murphy, Valdespin, Duda, Nieuwenwhuis

What would it take?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Do you guys think the Mets can work out a trade for Gose/JPA without including Dickey or Niese? I think we end up sending Dickey to Texas for a Mike Olt package. I still think the Jays/Mets are good fits for eachother.

We have really deep pitching in the minors. Guys like Familia, Mejia Fulmer, Montero, Tapia, Mazonni and we have some young hitters that can interest you guys in Wilmer Flores, Murphy, Valdespin, Duda, Nieuwenwhuis

What would it take?
    Ike Davis
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash

What would it take?
    A major league pitcher, Jays are in go for it mode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    yeah but how much offense are they gonna get .. their offense looks like its gonna be pretty weak yet again

obviously its all about the pitching for them and with Price, Moore and at least one of Shields, Hellickson and throwing in guys like Cobb and Archer, they should be fine. But Rodney is probably gone so their pen isn't gonna be as good

I'm just hoping they don't kick our *** again this season when we play them
    I thought Rodney was still under contract for like 2 million this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmagnet View Post
    I thought Rodney was still under contract for like 2 million this season?
    Yep Tampa exercised 2.5MM C/O

vCash

What would it take?
    Only way you are getting those guys is for proven MLB talent at a position of need. Dickey and Niese fit the bill. So does Ike Davis. Maybe Parnell. Wheeler

vCash
    Possibility No. 2: Dickey for Blue Jays catcher J.P. Arencibia and center fielder Anthony Gose.

The Jays definitely would say “no” to this. They would be trading a combined 10 years of control over Arencibia and Gose — both of whom play premium up-the-middle positions — for one year of Dickey.

Young players such as Gose and the Rangers’ Olt not only are inexpensive, but also offer upside and the possibility of signing club-friendly extensions in the future.

Arencibia, the veteran in the package, still is a year away from arbitration, and under club control through '16. Travis D’Arnaud, a top prospect, eventually will surpass him. But catcher is another position of scarcity — and rising salaries — increasing Arencibia’s value.

Here, perhaps, is a better idea: Dickey for Arencibia, straight up. The Jays obviously are trying to win; otherwise, they would not have made their blockbuster with the Marlins. And while Arencibia has averaged 21.5 homers the past two seasons, his career on-base percentage, in nearly 900 plate appearances, is .275.

Come to think of it, the Mets almost certainly would want more than such a player for a Cy Young winner, which brings us back to something resembling the Arencibia-Gose package.

See how difficult this is?

Perhaps the Mets, who also are discussing Dickey with the Royals and other clubs, will find a deal that both sides consider fair. But I’m starting to think that all of the trade conversations might just be an exercise in futility.

Better the Mets should sign Dickey to a below-market extension and enjoy what they have.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/v...termine-120812
    -Rosenthal

Possibility 1 is for Olt straight up.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    come mid season the mets will end up doing such a trade...........texas and toronto SHOULD be in the mix and theyll prob throw somthing there way for the dick man

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/v...termine-120812
    -Rosenthal

Possibility 1 is for Olt straight up.
    Rosenthal is coming to the same conclusion that i stated weeks ago, that Dickey would end up staying in NY. As i also said, a better time to try and trade him would be at the trade deadline to a desperate team that is contending. Mets could force a panic trade and snag a really good player or two.

The reality is that Dickey is a good pitcher that isn't worth very much! Seems like a contradiction, but when you're 38 nobody wants to give up young controllable talent.

Look at the trouble they are having in extending him. They don't want to go 3 years, and they don't want to pay what he's asking for 2 years. They're already signalling they think he's near the end of the line!

I think they should take Gose, which i think AA might do. They get a high upside centerfielder prospect who is maybe a year or less away from the show, and he could be a mainstay for the next 10 to 15 years (ouch...that would be painful for us). Maybe the jays could throw in Cooper or Jenkins. I know NY would want more, but they aren't getting JPA or Rasmus.
    Last edited by jaysforever; 12-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast