Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Let's get this thread back on topic guys. We have an off topic thread for you to post this stuff, let's leave this to the baseball talk.

And you guys know you're not allowed to post pictures in here. Links are fine when appropriate, but actually posting pictures in here can get you infracted. I won't, but if another mod saw it they might. So let's avoid doing that in the future.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Jays sign 5 guys to minor league deals, adding some AAA depth. Vargas is the biggest name but we already heard about that one the other day.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=411421

vCash
    Nothing major. A lot of Dominican players though haha. They all are I'm pretty sure.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Nothing major. A lot of Dominican players though haha. They all are I'm pretty sure.
    Four of them are Dominican, Richard Thompson is from Australia.

vCash
    Reds about to acquire Choo for Stubbs and SS Didi Greogorius. I wonder if this is a precursor to Asdrubal getting moved in something major...

vCash
    What do you guys think of the Jays signing Jim Thome to a 1 year contract as a DH?

Sure the guy is ancient right now in terms of playing years but the guy can still get on base at a good clip and can still hit well enough.

Last year he had a .344 OBP, a low for him but certainly still respectable and a .786 OPS.

I think there's a good chance he could do better than those numbers, especially in the Jays lineup.

He's most certainly would be better than Lind.

Basically this would be our Frank Thomas signing again, but without the stupid contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    What do you guys think of the Jays signing Jim Thome to a 1 year contract as a DH?

Sure the guy is ancient right now in terms of playing years but the guy can still get on base at a good clip and can still hit well enough.

Last year he had a .344 OBP, a low for him but certainly still respectable and a .786 OPS.

I think there's a good chance he could do better than those numbers, especially in the Jays lineup.

He's most certainly would be better than Lind.

Basically this would be our Frank Thomas signing again, but without the stupid contract.
    I'd prefer Lance Berkman...he's six years younger than Thome, can still field a couple positions if needed and has a strong bat from both sides of the plate.

vCash
    I would be so down for Thome. I dunno if he'd want to come here but I'm just dying to have a lefty power presence in the middle of our lineup

Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    I'd prefer Lance Berkman...he's six years younger than Thome, can still field a couple positions if needed and has a strong bat from both sides of the plate.
    His demands are also a lot higher, and I think if he was going to sign to be a primary DH, he would just go back to the Astros

vCash
    Problem with Thome is he gives us the same problem we have with Lind. He can't hit lefties and having means you are carrying 3 players that can only play DH/1B

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Man we need to get rid of Lind for a bag of balls.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    They can keep the bag of balls, and even take a couple million bucks for their troubles. Just get him outta here.

vCash
    we need someone to hit in the 5th spot,hopefully lawrie can be that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    Reds about to acquire Choo for Stubbs and SS Didi Greogorius. I wonder if this is a precursor to Asdrubal getting moved in something major...
    Good pick up for the Reds, though he didn't come cheap.

And the Yanks sign Youk.

Edit: looks like that Reds trade might not be official...might be a 3 team trade now?

vCash
    ^^I've seen some reports that the D-backs GM is in love with that Gregorius kid and that it might be possible that he gets flipped.

vCash
    By the way guys, a 20 minute interview with Josh Johnson is on sportsnet.com. Check it out

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast