Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/v...termine-120812
    -Rosenthal

Possibility 1 is for Olt straight up.
    again.. if the mets like that trade, i'll do it in a second

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    JPA is barely an upgrade over current Mets catcher Josh Thole. The Mets aren't trading Dickey for JPA...it was reported that the Mets can get JPA for mid level pitching prospects, not Dickey.

Rosenthal is a moron....Olt>>>>Gose....He says that Olt for Dickey is a deal both sides would agree on and then he says that their is no way the Jays give up Gose/JPA for Dickey...doesn't make any sense.

In my opinion if Im the Mets I wouldn't even deal Dickey for JPA/Gose...because JPA isn't even a quality starting catcher and Gose is not enough. I would have the Jays add Nolin or Syndergaard. Then thats a deal. They can even keep JPA if they want.

I think if the Mets offered Dickey for JPA and Gose a deal would have been done by now. Rosenthal is a fool...

vCash
    Olt is 24 with just as many contact issues as Gose, without the plus glove/arm at a premium position and the insane speed. That Olt>>>>Gose is nonsense, and I'm not even a huge Gose fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Olt is 24 with just as many contact issues as Gose, without the plus glove/arm at a premium position and the insane speed. That Olt>>>>Gose is nonsense, and I'm not even a huge Gose fan.
    Yes but Olt's contact issues are supplanted by his 25-30 HR power...he is a cleanup type of a hitter.

Gose on the other hand will strike out a ton and have just as low a average but he does not have as much power. Of course he has great speed but he doesn't get on base enough.

Simply put,

Gose has not shown the ability to be a goos ML hitter. All he has shown is a guy with great speed/fielding ability...center fielders like that are not that hard to find...

The Mets need an impact bat to go along with Wright/Davis and Olt fits that description better than Gose does.

vCash
    isnt Olt a 3B? pretty sure Mets have Wright locked up for a while. dont know why Rosenthal thinks thats a good deal for them..

also, im with 2009mvp, i dont see how Olt>>>>Gose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Yes but Olt's contact issues are supplanted by his 25-30 HR power...he is a cleanup type of a hitter.

Gose on the other hand will strike out a ton and have just as low a average but he does not have as much power. Of course he has great speed but he doesn't get on base enough.

Simply put,

Gose has not shown the ability to be a goos ML hitter. All he has shown is a guy with great speed/fielding ability...center fielders like that are not that hard to find...

The Mets need an impact bat to go along with Wright/Davis and Olt fits that description better than Gose does.
    Mike Olt was in low-A ball in his age 22 season. Anthony Gose turned 22 playing against the NY Yankees.

vCash
    The thing with Gose is that his defensive prowess in CF and his speed on the basepaths already give him substantial value. A CF with his skills in those areas really doesn't have to do much to have positive value. A guy like Cameron Maybin was a 3 WAR player in 2012 without showing anything much with the stick (.243/.306/.349). Gose has been improving his OBP year on year through the minors, culminating at .366 in AAA last year (and .349 in AA in 2011), which is certainly promising. If he shows that kind of OBP skill in the bigs with his previously mentioned physical tools (and any continued development of power), look the **** out. If his hitting fails to progress, you've presumably still got some kind of at least serviceable CF.
    Last edited by JermanJaysFan; 12-09-2012 at 12:39 AM.

vCash
    i would prob do a straight up gose for dickey deal but i doubt aa does ...

mets fans are delusional in what they think they are gonna get for this guy.

vCash
    Gose and TDA's trade value have to be incredibly high right now .... especially with the way the CF market has gone this off season, and the complete lack of catching depth around the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    The thing with Gose is that his defensive prowess in CF and his speed on the basepaths already give him substantial value. A CF with his skills in those areas really doesn't have to do much to have positive value. A guy like Cameron Maybin was a 3 WAR player in 2012 without showing anything much with the stick (.243/.306/.309). Gose has been improving his OBP year on year through the minors, culminating at .366 in AAA last year (and .349 in AA in 2011), which is certainly promising. If he shows that kind of OBP skill in the bigs with his previously mentioned physical tools (and any continued development of power), look the **** out. If his hitting fails to progress, you've presumably still got some kind of at least serviceable CF.
    bang on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    Gose and TDA's trade value have to be incredibly high right now .... especially with the way the CF market has gone this off season, and the complete lack of catching depth around the league
    So has the value of starting pitching. Which is why I doubt the Mets trade Dickey for Gose straight up.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Gose's contact issues are supplanted but his 50-70 SB potential. Gose can be a very, very dangerous leadoff hitter.

Considering Olt hits for power primarily, the chances of him having a higher strikeout rate than Gose is almost certain.

As for Gose's ability to get on base - he's very capable. He posted a decent .303 OBP% in 189 PA's last season with the Jays and has a good track record of getting on base in the minors. To disregard Gose as a player who doesn't get on base is foolish. How else do you imagine he's able to steal so many bases?

Simply put,

I agree with you. I'm not much of a Gose fan myself but to write the kid off this early is not something anyone should do. Despite power, he's got all the tools needed to be a plus major league ball player. He's only had half a season to showcase himself so the sample size is obviously small. Give him some time...
    I AM YOUR KING!

vCash
    JPA is barely an upgrade over current Mets catcher Josh Thole. The Mets aren't trading Dickey for JPA...it was reported that the Mets can get JPA for mid level pitching prospects, not Dickey.
    Why the heck would we make that deal exactly? We are loaded with pitching specs already and want to win now.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Mike Olt was in low-A ball in his age 22 season. Anthony Gose turned 22 playing against the NY Yankees.

No reply back on that one eh? Hmm..

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    did anyone else see that if the dodgers cant sign Ryu today they will shift their focus to sanchez? are you freakin kidding me?

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast