Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,190
    vCash
    1500

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Spider Skull Island
    Posts
    601
    vCash
    1500
    'tis a video so, is it worth watching anything that hasnt allready been said 30 times?
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    He mentions what he looks for in a hitter/pitcher, which I dont think hes mentione before

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    He mentions what he looks for in a hitter/pitcher, which I dont think hes mentione before
    Hopefully it is a sign that he will get rid of JP soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    27,999
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana235 View Post
    Hopefully it is a sign that he will get rid of JP soon.
    yeah you would think Lind would have been long gone if AA has a say

    props to vick27m

    "Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,643
    vCash
    1500
    Only parts that caught my eye were:

    - AA said he started out a stat guy, but has learned to trust his instincts insteads. Sounds to me liked he learned some things on the Escobar/Rasmus type trades.

    - His strikes and balls comment. The main thing he looks at in a player. Pitcher along with hitter.

    - Get on base, speed - make things happen, put pressure on defense next things he looks for in player.

    - Rest of interview was his father's death, AA's career to date.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,844
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Only parts that caught my eye were:

    - AA said he started out a stat guy, but has learned to trust his instincts insteads. Sounds to me liked he learned some things on the Escobar/Rasmus type trades.

    - His strikes and balls comment. The main thing he looks at in a player. Pitcher along with hitter.

    - Get on base, speed - make things happen, put pressure on defense next things he looks for in player.

    - Rest of interview was his father's death, AA's career to date.
    Well, when you start a career in baseball with no experience, you obviously have to rely on stats to start.


    The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    27,999
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Only parts that caught my eye were:

    - AA said he started out a stat guy, but has learned to trust his instincts insteads. Sounds to me liked he learned some things on the Escobar/Rasmus type trades.

    - His strikes and balls comment. The main thing he looks at in a player. Pitcher along with hitter.

    - Get on base, speed - make things happen, put pressure on defense next things he looks for in player.

    - Rest of interview was his father's death, AA's career to date.
    I think he was talking about early in his career though when he first started out scouting players

    props to vick27m

    "Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    I think he was talking about early in his career though when he first started out scouting players
    He also spoke a spiel on a players character and work ethic. I took it Escobar/Rasmus because years before he was speaking other way.

    Stats are deceiving. Mostly because they cannot gauge things like intelligence(Escobar), work ethic, attitude(Snider) or mental illness(Rasmus). But for fans, who most don't get to see the games live or know the players, it is the most accountable way to value the players. Once a scout or baseball exec., like you said, most don't use them and learn to trust their judgement.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    159
    vCash
    1500
    What mental illness? All i've seen that he was unhappy with the Cardinals' staff.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    1,925
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    He also spoke a spiel on a players character and work ethic. I took it Escobar/Rasmus because years before he was speaking other way.

    Stats are deceiving. Mostly because they cannot gauge things like intelligence(Escobar), work ethic, attitude(Snider) or mental illness(Rasmus). But for fans, who most don't get to see the games live or know the players, it is the most accountable way to value the players. Once a scout or baseball exec., like you said, most don't use them and learn to trust their judgement.
    Classic lol.... good on ya

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,415
    vCash
    1500
    Poor judgement doesn't make Escobar dumb.
    2013

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •