Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Blue Jays 2012-13 free agency and off-season thread 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    This would be ideal. The contract that most concerns me is Buehrle's. I would even send them 3m to make it a net 3/36 [12 per] just to get it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Man that was an awesome deal for McCarthy, health issues aside for 2 years the the risk isn't that huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Agreed on both counts but more so on Cabrera. Maybe we could be part of a 3+ team deal? DBacks starter to us, ??? from us to Tribe, Asdrubal to DBacks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Or we can get Cabrera for ourselves and trade Reyes to the D-backs and get a massive haul. But I doubt AA would flip Reyes.

But as far as needs to Tribe can use a LF, BP hell and rotation help. We can definitely give them what we want. But will it satisfy them is the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Bonifacio+ JPA for Viciedo+ Floyd?

Dude MASHED lefties last year and is controllable, perfect platoon with Lind.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    i have this funny feeling that greinke is in the mix....cuz the dodgers are out of the picture...i know the angels and rangers are still in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    I'm 95% sure AA and Beeston are done with the FA market. The chances of us signing either Hamilton or Greinke is extremely slim. The only possible FA signings I could see happening are either Marcum or Villanueva. Other than that, I'm guessing all other team upgrades will be made through trades.
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Yeah, agreed. I see a slim chance of signing Hamilton because it seems like there is a possibility he could be signed to a big dollar, shorter year deal. Not so with Greinke- I can't see that happening at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Well AA has always said that if there was one player to put us over the top management would pony up. Now if one player is available to put us over the top it has to be Hamilton. Especially with the fact Hamilton will not be offered more then 4 yrs by anyone falls in line with our 5 yr or less self mandate. Him hitting 4th between Bautista and E5 would be magic just imagine.

Reyes
    Cabrera
    Bautista
    Hamilton
    E5
    Lawrie
    Rasmus
    JPA
    Bonifacia/Izturis

Melky/Hamilton/Bautista would all play 54 games at DH the rest in the outfield corners. With Hamilton staying in LF and Bautista in RF and only Melky playing both corner positions. As injuries and rest days occur none of the players would probably play more then 40 games at dh really. Signing Hamilton just makes too much sense hence it won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    If there was one player to put the Jays over the top, I would say its Greinke.

And... go
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    Micheal Young waived no trade clause and traded to Phillies. Texas making some room?????

vCash
    More of a no where for him to play regularly situation

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash

Blue Jays 2012-13 free agency and off-season thread 3.0

Yeah it's no secret they've been trying to unload him for a while.

vCash
    I don't want to say it's a foregone conclusion that Texas gets Greinke...but it's looking pretty much like they're going to sign him and turn around and deal for Upton. Just thinking about how stacked that team is, and will be, I'm mad jealous. I think we're lucky to have 2 potential starting catchers and 2 potential CFs, and they have like an entire roster of really strong prospects, most of whom could probably start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    I don't want to say it's a foregone conclusion that Texas gets Greinke...but it's looking pretty much like they're going to sign him and turn around and deal for Upton. Just thinking about how stacked that team is, and will be, I'm mad jealous. I think we're lucky to have 2 potential starting catchers and 2 potential CFs, and they have like an entire roster of really strong prospects, most of whom could probably start.
    I think you are underestimating the loss of Napoli and potentially Hamilton

If Upton hits like he did last year, then their offense will be much weaker

you are talking

Kinsler
    Andrus
    Upton
    Cruz
    Moreland
    Murphy
    Soto
    Profar
    Gentry/Leroys Martin

still good but not your usual frightening texas lineup

vCash
    Even if Upton goes to Texas, they would have to give up Andrus at the very least.
    Last edited by KidDraco; 12-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports said that Dodgers are again front runners and are close MLBTR has it there. So if Dodgers get Greinke then who does Texas go after instead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports said that Dodgers are again front runners and are close MLBTR has it there. So if Dodgers get Greinke then who does Texas go after instead?
    They'd probably scoop up Jackson and Sanchez.

vCash
    wohooo grienke in nl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    wohooo grienke in nl
    yeah thats one less stud to worry about..

and honestly, it doesn't seem like the AL has improved much

Yankees have exactly the same team that is 1 year older
    Red Sox still don't have any pitching or pen
    Rays are never gonna do anything big and might still lose a pitcher
    Baltimore haven't done anything

Detroit will be good
    Chisox don't scare me

LA have lost 3 pitchers from the rotation now
    Texas still haven't don anything
    Oakland are never gonna do anything and I doubt they repeat

If you think about it, we've blown everyone out of the water in terms of moves so far.. Obviously there is still some time for some teams to catchup

vCash
    i still feel TB will make a big trade.. they have so many pitching to trade.

vCash
    I guess I need to STFU maybe now Texas re-signs Hamilton and trades for an SP instead? But yeah, awesome to have Greinke as far away as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    i still feel TB will make a big trade.. they have so many pitching to trade.
    yeah but how much offense are they gonna get .. their offense looks like its gonna be pretty weak yet again

obviously its all about the pitching for them and with Price, Moore and at least one of Shields, Hellickson and throwing in guys like Cobb and Archer, they should be fine. But Rodney is probably gone so their pen isn't gonna be as good

I'm just hoping they don't kick our *** again this season when we play them

vCash
    Dodgers sign Greinke for 6/$147mm. Good luck LA getting value out of that contract!

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast