Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Map out the off season thread, your wants and needs

sure there is an outside shot to make the playoffs. But again, anything other than losing every game here on out. Our draft position will be in the same 3-5 spots either way.

OK:

Cuts:

Free
    Scandrick

FA's let go:

Jenkins
    Spencer (sorry a player having his best year in a contract year, screams lack of care. Well he cares, about his money.)

FA: Oline, Oline, Oline, safety????

Trades: Austin for a 3rd, maybe 2nd? 4th? Dude got paid, see this as why I do not want to pay Spencer.

Draft:

1st: Sheldon Richardson 3-4 DE/4-3 DT. Depending on who our coach is and what defense he runs. I am not willing or wanting this team to take the 4th or 5th best OG or OT at more then likely a mid round pick. sorry need an what not the value isnt there that type of pick. Plus if your defensive front 7 can beat up your offensive front 5 in practice. It is only going to make them better.(Offensive lineman that is)This is if Romo is extended, if not I am going Barkley, Bray or Glennon here.

2nd: OL/#2 WR, see austin being traded

3rd: ILB/DT/DE/OL

4th: Yeah I have not thought that far ahead.

vCash
    CUTS- Scandrick, Free

ADD-Jake Long (FA)
    a better DT move ratliff to DE

BALL HAWK Safety..next to Church would be great for us..

get a better C or G

vCash
    Agree with most.

A lot of mocks have us drafting Chance Warmack who looks pretty beastly and is regarded as being the best OG in the draft. If we could add Long in the offseason I think our OL would be greatly improved.

So first round if we can get Warmack we should.

Second: DL or Safety. Prefer DL as I think Matt Johnson has a lot of promise however I am concerned he, like Austin will never recover 100% from torn hamstrings.

Third: RB/WR

This is assuming we get Long, retain Spencer and let Felix Jones walk. I don't want a QB in this draft. None have shown anything to risk/waste a pick on them.

As far as trading Austin, I think we should, however with his health issues, I think we get a 3rd rounder at best. Now if we got a third and traded some picks to get back up into the first or second round I would love to get Warmack and an OLB or DL in the first, BPA. Second get a DL, safety or WR(possibly two of the above depending in trade).Third (if we have one left) get w/e we didn't get in the first two rounds BPA. If we were able to do this we could let Spencer walk which would save us money, Austin would be out which would save us money, and we could extend Ratliff which would save us money. Our pass rush would likely be significantly improved as would our OL, two areas we struggle currently. We also wouldn't really be losing out in much as far as the WR position goes since Austin is rarely available anyways. I need to look further into the draft options but I suspect a 2nd or 3rd round WR/RB should yield a pretty decent player. I am and have been high on Harris and Beasely so maybe a WR that could stretch the field or a RB that is a bruiser or a RB that is more Reggie Bush style would be excellent pick ups.

vCash
    I would love to draft Warmack in the first, haven't done enough homework to know about many other players for the later rounds. Also sign Jake Long so our line would consist of Long at LT, Warmack at one of the guard positions, Costa at center, and Smith at RT.

Haven't followed much college football this year, but the safety from Texas would be a great addition in the second if he falls that far.

vCash
    Why are people so down on Miles Austin? I literally like him more than anyone on this team...

vCash
    Because he got paid and since then can not stay on the field.

I like Pizza, I dont eat this **** every week, let alone every day.

vCash
    As of today I think Jason Garrett is coming back next season. Let's face it he's not the greatest coach in the world, but Jerry continues to support him and were stuck with him for NOW. Since I'm assuming he's gonna be back... remember last year Garrett kept on mentioning how he wanted to add Free Agents, so that the team can focus on drafting the best player available in the draft. In that case, why would he change his approach this season? I know the Cowboys have that $5 million dead weight on their back for not following the uncapped year rules. But do you guys see us spending as much last off-season? With that being said... here's what I'll do as of today, but everything will likely change once the season is officially over.

Restructure Tony Romo, Brandon Carr, Miles Austin, Ratliff, and Scandrick contracts.
    Release/Let Go: Free, Spears, F. Jones, D. Connor(good back-up, but much rather save approximately $3.5 million) and Mike Jenkins, I want Jenkins to stay, but he probably wants a fresh start. And including myself I want Scandrick gone, unfortunately we are gonna end up keeping him because it seems like they love Scandrick for some strange reason...

FA Acquisitions:
    Brandon Albert(6 years, $42 million) Ryan Clady rejected a 5-year, $50 million contract from the Broncos. He probably wants $12 million per year. And Jake Long would be great, but instead getting into a bidding war, I see the Cowboys going in a different direction and look at Albert, Bushrod, and Levitre.
    Anthony Spencer(5 years, $40 million) If he ends up being too expensive, then we should take a look at Connor Barwin.
    Delanie Walker (3 years, $10 million) I would love to have Walker, but he's probably gonna stay with 49ers.

1st Round: Bjoern Werner, OLB/DE, Florida State (Ware, Spencer, Lee, Carter, Werner) We need more pass-rushers... Giants have Tuck, Pierre-Paul, and Osi. Although drafting offensive line obviously makes sense in the 1st round.
    2nd Round: Barrett Jones, Guard/C, Alabama
    3rd Round: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

Other guys we should target Chance Warmick(1st Round) Kenny Vaccaro(1st-2nd Round) Baccari Rambo(2nd-3rd Round)
    Last edited by Romo2TheOscars; 12-02-2012 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Why are people so down on Miles Austin? I literally like him more than anyone on this team...
    Can't stay healthy. He's still on pace for around 1,000 yards again this season though, just goes to show you what he could do if he was totally healthy.

vCash
    I wish we could just have cryogenically frozen the superbowl teams and then unfreeze them for next season. Tired of the patchwork plugging of holes every year for the last 16 years. It's maddening. ......and fruitless.

vCash
    Cut: Free, Connor, Sensi,

Sign: Sebastian Vollmer (RT)
    Sign: Anthony Spencer

Draft:
    1st. Chance Warmack (OG)
    2nd. Landry Jones (QB)
    3rd. Bacarri Rambo (FS)
    4th. Joseph Fauria (TE)

vCash
    IMHO if we keep Spencer we don't need to draft an OLB in the first and we would still be getting BPA with Warmack. We need DL more than we do OLB IMHO. OL, DL/S, WR/RB in te first three, BPA, would make for a successful draft IMO. I would prefer to build the OL and DL through the draft.

Landry Jones is likely if he is available in the second because I doubt JJ could resist himself. For this reason I hope Jones is not available. I don't think we should risk a valuable pick on a QB that is doubtful at being an elite QB in the NFL.
    Last edited by baazinakon; 12-02-2012 at 03:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    IMHO if we keep Spencer we don't need to draft an OLB in the first and we would still be getting BPA with Warmack. We need DL more than we do OLB IMHO. OL, DL/S, WR/RB in te first three, BPA, would make for a successful draft IMO. I would prefer to build the OL and DL through the draft.

Landry Jones is likely if he is available in the second because I doubt JJ could resist himself. For this reason I hope Jones is not available. I don't think we should risk a valuable pick on a QB that is doubtful at being an elite QB in the NFL.
    Most mock drafts have Landry Jones going in the 3rd. I'd be all for us drafting him in the 3rd, but his throwing motion is so ugly it scares me. He's gonna have to fix that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bhooks80 View Post
    Cut: Free, Connor, Sensi,

Sign: Sebastian Vollmer (RT)
    Sign: Anthony Spencer

Draft:
    1st. Chance Warmack (OG)
    2nd. Landry Jones (QB)
    3rd. Bacarri Rambo (FS)
    4th. Joseph Fauria (TE)
    I like the Sebastian Vollmer signing if he doesn't resign with the Pats, but since you're drafting a guard in the first round would then release livings?

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Most mock drafts have Landry Jones going in the 3rd. I'd be all for us drafting him in the 3rd, but his throwing motion is so ugly it scares me. He's gonna have to fix that.
    Oh ok good info, I thought he was supposed to be going in the first. I haven't paid attention to QBs draft position.

@TheDon lettin Livings go is what I suggested earlier in this thread or another. He has been pretty solid but we could save money. At the same time some depth on OL wouldn't be a bad thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    I like the Sebastian Vollmer signing if he doesn't resign with the Pats, but since you're drafting a guard in the first round would then release livings?
    absolutely not, I would anchor the the right side with Livings/Vollmer.
    Livings is one of the better players on this team.

Smith/Warmack/Costa/Livings/Vollmer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast