Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Hospital employee duped by Kate Middleton prank call commits suicide

London (CNN) -- An employee at the hospital that was duped by a prank call from two Australian radio DJs concerning Prince William's pregnant wife, Catherine, has apparently committed suicide, the hospital confirmed Friday.

The employee, a member of the nursing staff, "was recently the victim of a hoax call," King Edward VII Hospital said in a media statement.

The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles in the prank call, in which some details of the Duchess of Cambridge's condition and care were given.

Read more: Opinion: How will royal couple react to pregnancy prank?

Audio of the call posted online suggested a receptionist spoke briefly to the DJs, who host a show for the 2Day FM radio station in Sydney, before the call was put through to a nurse.

The hospital said Wednesday that it deeply regretted the call had been put through early Tuesday morning.

Read more: Radio DJs pretend to be queen, make prank call to Catherine's hospital

The nurse found dead was the one who first received the prank call and transferred it to the duchess's ward. Her family has been contacted, the hospital said.

The radio show apologized for the call Wednesday, saying it "was done with light-hearted intentions."

The Duchess of Cambridge was discharged from the hospital Thursday after treatment for acute morning sickness.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/07/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Heard the audio of this prank on The Young Turks three days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjWpFORZCEc

vCash
    thats terrible
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Its too bad but she should have just got over it. Pretty minor mistake in the grand scheme of things.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Wow.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Its too bad but she should have just got over it. Pretty minor mistake in the grand scheme of things.
    trolls prob found out her and prank called the **** out of her afterwards.

vCash
    It's tough to understand how important the royal family is to people over there. If a girl dates Justin Beiber they get hate mail and death threats, imagine what she (the nurse) may have gone through from people who hold The Royal Family as a part of their nations history.

This is why i hate pranks, you never know how it can affect someone and who can or can't take a joke. Watch this spiral to the point where those Aussie DJs get death threats.

Sad story all around.

vCash
    Terrible story all around. You got to think that this person had more issues than this prank call going on in her life.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Talk about an overreaction...

vCash
    to her this was prob the high point of her career.

vCash
    You have to understand the amount of scrutiny she would have faced for this in England. That royal family BS is a way of life there.

vCash
    It's such a shame that this has happened, but God knows what else was happening in her life. I think criminal charges need to be brought against these DJs though. Extradite them to Britain and put them on trial.

Like I said in the other thread about this, it happened mere days after a report came out about the ethics of the British press, which has just been a disgrace for so many years. I know the DJs who did this aren't British, but for them to completely disregard someones privacy (be it a Royal or anyone else) is pretty disgraceful and I think our government should show some stones and hold them fully accountable for what they did, and possibly for a death that might be a direct consequence of it (if it turns out that that is the case).

vCash
    She died with honor.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    It's tough to understand how important the royal family is to people over there. If a girl dates Justin Beiber they get hate mail and death threats, imagine what she (the nurse) may have gone through from people who hold The Royal Family as a part of their nations history.

This is why i hate pranks, you never know how it can affect someone and who can or can't take a joke. Watch this spiral to the point where those Aussie DJs get death threats.

Sad story all around.
    Don't forget there are many people here too who follow the royal family as well. Me personally, I don't get it. I mean, I understand the tradition but I will never understand why I should care...the fact that the most powerful person in our country, the governor general, represents the royal family still blows my mind. Anyways, sad story, this woman must have had other things going on in her life.

vCash
    a prank call from the royal family caused someone to commit suicide? Something else was going on in that woman's life, sorry.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    to be fair, she would have gotten harassed for giving up that information. but suicide?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast