Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    There's a difference between 'like' and the 'same'.

Prior to playoffs, Rick Carlise was criticized by the fan base and many wanted him fired for his inability to manipulate match ups and to juggle rotations. They also criticized his offense for being too rigid and too predictable.

Doesn't that sound familiar?
    Now we are back to the definition game again. .

I guess those fan base were wrong.

I hope i am wrong too about my assessment of Casey. Lets wait what Rogers will do with BC and what BC can offer for his coach to utilize.

We are going in circles here dude. Lets get back on topic and just say no to Smitch unless you think he is a good replacement. Reunion of sort with his former boss who canned him .

vCash
    I watch a lot of post-game interviews and a lot of what Casey says makes sense. He just needs to realize that he's coaching the Toronto Raptors and not a top tier NBA team.

vCash
    I watch a lot of post-game interviews and a lot of what Casey says makes sense. He just needs to realize that he's coaching the Toronto Raptors and not a top tier NBA team.
    He's observant, a good analyst, probably a good scout, I still think he's a good defensive coach. But, he doesn't have a grasp of structured strategic planning or sufficient leadership qualities for this team.

vCash
    Totally agree with this. The jump in difficulty level from what he was doing last year to what he is attempting to do this year is very high. The team needs to go back to basics and fast. They just aren't experienced enough or talented enough to play in the motion offence he is trying. And it is costing them on the other end of the floor. It might work if you have phenoms like Shawn Marion who are as versatile and athletic as they come on both ends of the court, but it doesn't work when you are dealing with players just struggling to cut it in the league like we have.

Like asking a second year english student to write a novel. It might have enough pages and chapters but it's probably going to suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psuedo View Post
    He's observant, a good analyst, probably a good scout, I still think he's a good defensive coach. But, he doesn't have a grasp of structured strategic planning or sufficient leadership qualities for this team.
    I think his expectations of the roster were too high. They didn't improve as much as he and BC thought they had. And the weak links on offence and defence are killing them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Totally agree with this. The jump in difficulty level from what he was doing last year to what he is attempting to do this year is very high. The team needs to go back to basics and fast. They just aren't experienced enough or talented enough to play in the motion offence he is trying. And it is costing them on the other end of the floor. It might work if you have phenoms like Shawn Marion who are as versatile and athletic as they come on both ends of the court, but it doesn't work when you are dealing with players just struggling to cut it in the league like we have.

Like asking a second year english student to write a novel. It might have enough pages and chapters but it's probably going to suck.
    I agree that Casey spending more time on the offense is hurting the defensive side of the ball but don't agree that they aren't talented or experienced enough for the motion offense. People on here always try to make it sound like the motion or triangle offense is tough and complicated. It isn't.

vCash
    if we bring back Sam Mitchell then we should definitely bring back James Johnson and Jerryd Bayless

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123