Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Dennis Rodman; Lakers and the Mavs

As I'm sure we all know, after his final season with the Bulls, he was released from that team as they moved forward with a rebuilding project. He signed with the Lakers and while he did shoot a career low in FG%, he was very effective on the boards for the few games that he did play. He was waived however, and the following season ended up in Dallas where he again, shot at a low percentage but was rebounding the ball very well. He was again waived after a short time, and with Dallas I understand a little better, as he was ejected a couple of times, but, I never really heard any specific stories about why these two tenures were so short. Rodman was still rebounding the ball very well and playing defence. Does anybody know the reason why Rodman had such short tenures with the Lakers and the Mavs? I honestly feel, at least with the Lakers squad, that had Rodman been around for the post season, they could have won it that season.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    I don't remember the specifics anymore...but he was more trouble then he was worth at that point. Really hard to deal with by coaches and players.

vCash
    because rodman the distraction had outweighed rodman the player that that point,more concerned with his wrestling career and reality show.he was only brought on as a sideside act for publicity with the mav's anyway,which caused a feud between rodman and cuban

vCash
    Who cares? How long ago was this?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I was actually thinking about Rodman and LA the other day. Man he was a great addition when he actually played.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I was actually thinking about Rodman and LA the other day. Man he was a great addition when he actually played.
    I know... Shaq really needed some help on the glass in the post season, and Shaq couldn't guard Robinsn AND Duncan by himself... he needed Rodman.. i know that LAL got swpet that season by the Spurs, but the first three games were all single-digit loses... having a guy like Rodman could have made a difference in that series.

And Shaq lead the team in rebounding in the post season with 11+ a game, the next best rebounder was Kobe with 6+ a game... if Shaq and the Lakers had that 12+ boards from Rodman and his defence...
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    LOL I was thinking about the same thing couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I know... Shaq really needed some help on the glass in the post season, and Shaq couldn't guard Robinsn AND Duncan by himself... he needed Rodman.. i know that LAL got swpet that season by the Spurs, but the first three games were all single-digit loses... having a guy like Rodman could have made a difference in that series.

And Shaq lead the team in rebounding in the post season with 11+ a game, the next best rebounder was Kobe with 6+ a game... if Shaq and the Lakers had that 12+ boards from Rodman and his defence...
    I forgot what he was doing but they felt he was a distraction and gave him several warnings. IIRC it pained West to have to let him go but he wanted to send a message. It had to be bad if a guy like Cuban wasnt willing to hold on to him

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    LOL

Must be something in the water. Why you thinking about Rodman?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    I thought of it five minutes before you did.

vCash
    im thinking about it now.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    What would have been interesting if Rodman stayed with the Lakers the rest of that season in 1999, and then Phil coming in as coach of the Lakers that summer. Rodman would probably have been the starting PF for the 2000 and perhaps even the 2001 Lakers and would have retired with 7 titles.

vCash
    Rodman in L.a was a continous distraction, and god knows what kind of crap was he doing out there, drugs, orgies and whatever.
    probably the f.o decided also to have him away from the young star they were breeding.

vCash
    the first basketball games i remember watching as a kid are the from the rodman spurs era. he was my favorite player, with that crazy hair and all that hustle. i always thought rodman just lost his competitive fire after playing on that legendary bulls team. those lakers and mavs runs seemed like they were just for fun.

vCash
    He had no veteran players on those teams to put him in line. None of those teams had a megastar that had won anything yet, so he felt he could do whatever the hell he wanted which he did.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast