Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    It takes two players to replace Chipper, and even they won't be enough. Sounds right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Francisco could be a star.
    How exactly? What has he shown to be considered a star?

vCash
    espn reporting that justin will hit 3rd. i assume that would mean bj hitting 5th or 6th and freeman batting clean-up and heyward hitting 2. i like it, they will all see lots of pitches. the top of the order is looking mighty scary...
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I wish Freeman was projected to be hitting clean-up....For now, Fredi has said he plans on going with McCann in the 4 spot..
    Don't Stop the Chop!!!

http://bravesbanter.com

At BravesBanter.com NOW!!--Does Terry McGuirk comments signal David PRICE coming to Atlanta?? Chipper,Andruw,Sheffield vs Upton,Upton,Heyward --Who Wins??/2013 Season Projections for Many of the Braves Starting 8/ Grading GM Frank Wren/ Latest Rumors & Commentary/ Tips for Turner--What every fan SHOULD know when planning a trip to Turner Field!!

1991-2005 Greatest Run of Division Dominance in Professional Sports History

vCash
    yeah, he almost has to. i'm not sold that he will stay there, though. bmac has definitely earned the right to be penciled-in as clean-up. i know he's coming off an injury, and surgery, but that was the reason behind his down year. there's nothing to suggest he won't bounce back, his track record is too good. fredi says he doesn't want to bounce the order around like last year, but come the all-star break, i'd wager he'll settle on bmac at 6 and freddie at 4.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves_Fan_RSD View Post
    PRORATED BUYOUTS, BONUSES, INCENTIVES[/B]

BJ Upton -- CF -- $00,600,000.00
    Gerald Laird -- C -- $00,250,000.00
    Reed Johnson -- OF -- $00,150,000.00
    Dan Uggla -- 2B -- $00,200,000.00

[B]TOTAL -- $01,200,000.00
    What exactly does this category mean? Based on performance these players could receive these bonuses at the end of this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon641 View Post
    What exactly does this category mean? Based on performance these players could receive these bonuses at the end of this season?
    Based on a convo I had with DOB a couple of years ago he stated that the braves prorate their signing bonuses over the life of the contract, so like with Uggla he had a 1M signing bonus prorated over 5 years hence the 200K this season. Other things that can be included are incentives like extra money for all star games and plate appearances. Was also told that the braves anticipate paying these out every year and add them to salary total.

Simmons over Harper!!!

WAR Stats:

2014 - Simmons 0.7 vs Harper -0.2
    2013 - Simmons 4.7 vs Harper 3.8
    Career - Simmons 7.6 vs Harper 8.1
    162 game average - Simmons 5.0 vs Harper 4.7

updated 5/22/14

vCash
    Based on a convo I had with DOB a couple of years ago he stated that the braves prorate their signing bonuses over the life of the contract, so like with Uggla he had a 1M signing bonus prorated over 5 years hence the 200K this season. Other things that can be included are incentives like extra money for all star games and plate appearances. Was also told that the braves anticipate paying these out every year and add them to salary total.
    Thanks sir, great insight as always!

vCash
    So what are the Upton's going to put on their jersey's? J. Upton is no problem, but BJ Upton would probably look dumb...I know his real name is Melvin, but I really doubt that's going to happen. I've seen on some sites that BJ is going to wear #2 & Justin #8, but can only guess this is official.
    Last edited by coachmac; 02-18-2013 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmac View Post
    So what are the Upton's going to put on their jersey's? J. Upton is no problem, but BJ Upton would probably look dumb...I know his real name is Melvin, but I really doubt that's going to happen. I've seen on some sites that BJ is going to wear #2 & Justin #8, but can only guess this is official.
    They both will be wearing "Upton" on the back of the jersey's, not sure about the numbers.

vCash
    BJ will keep #2, and Justin has switched to #8.

Normally in ST teams won't take the effort to differentiate between players with the same last name.

vCash
    wild and crazy idea, may have been suggested before...

sign Loshe, trade Teheran and either Terdo or Schafer/Hale to Houston for Brett Wallace...by the time BB comes back somebody (most likely Huddy) will be hurt or struggling and Loshe has potential to win 20+

who says no?

vCash
    I say know and here's why.

#1 Teheran has ace potential and is under control for 6 seasons (3 at or near league min) Kyle Loshe is going to cost you 10-15 mil a season.

#2 If we are to make a trade why would we trade for Brett Wallace? A guy in the minors who could never find a position and is now below average as a 1B.

#3 you are wanting to add pieces to a guy in Teheran who has not value than the guy you are trading for. No on all levels for me makes absolutely no sense for the braves.

One other note, the Astros just released Schafer, why would they now trade to get him back?

vCash
    I say know and here's why.

#1 Teheran has ace potential and is under control for 6 seasons (3 at or near league min) Kyle Loshe is going to cost you 10-15 mil a season.

#2 If we are to make a trade why would we trade for Brett Wallace? A guy in the minors who could never find a position and is now below average as a 1B.

#3 you are wanting to add pieces to a guy in Teheran who has not value than the guy you are trading for. No on all levels for me makes absolutely no sense for the braves.

One other note, the Astros just released Schafer, why would they now trade to get him back?
    Yeah, Terdo makes more sense than Schafer I'll give you that.

1 - I'm not sold on Teheran, Loshe is a proven winner and we've got some room in the budget
    2 - Wallace is not to be a starter but to be the piece we are supposedly looking for "left-handed bat off bench"
    3 - Graham is the pitcher of the future not Teheran and Loshe's value now trumps Teheran's later IMO

4 - i forgot to add "specs" from Houston as part of trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceofSaxony View Post
    wild and crazy idea, may have been suggested before...

sign Loshe, trade Teheran and either Terdo or Schafer/Hale to Houston for Brett Wallace...by the time BB comes back somebody (most likely Huddy) will be hurt or struggling and Loshe has potential to win 20+

who says no?
    What?

Even if you don't like Teheran he has very good value, while Wallace is just a bench player who could only start in a team like HOU. Lohse is a good pitchers but you just keep talking about his wins totals, that just not important when you are talking about the value of a pitcher. This is a wild and crazy idea like you say, it is nonsensical as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast