Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I'm worried about this game. The Bulls are no joke and we're coming off a huge high from that Miami win...
    Me too, i hope there will be no letdowns

It's party time!

vCash
    Law of averages say this is going to be a game oru defense and toughness is going to have to win. We aren't going to hit as many three's that we did thursday. Going to be a grind out game with no Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Lol It seems like people are starting to lose perspective. Oh well.
    You're a lost perspective.

vCash
    we must win this game.they are playing with hinrich and belineli.whats our starting lineup?whats the update on melo's injury?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantoni hater View Post
    we must win this game.they are playing with hinrich and belineli.whats our starting lineup?whats the update on melo's injury?
    game time decision and I'm with you we must take advantage of a Bulls team with no starters in the back court with games coming up against

Denver- our back to back
    Nets at barclay again
    lakers with Mike D and Kobe and Howard wanting to send a message they aren't this bad.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Lol It seems like people are starting to lose perspective. Oh well.
    What on earth are you talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Noah is an energy guy and he exhausted 43 tough minutes last night and then had to travel for tonights game.

I'm worried about every game because you just don't know........even a team like NY may throw up 40 three's at you and hit a good amount of them, you just don't know.

I hope the ref's are in a NY state of mind with Rose not playing lol
    I just hope the ref's don't shun us as the season goes on because of J.R. and Rasheed... I think we've been given a fair shake so far this season. What are your thoughts on that?

vCash
    W2W4: Knicks at Bulls

December, 8, 2012
    Dec 8

12:15

PM ET

By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

If you're a Knicks fan, it's hard to imagine a better road trip than the one the team is currently on.

It started with a J.R. Smith buzzer-beater in Charlottte. It continued with a 20-point win in Miami, one that came with Carmelo Anthony on the bench.

So how will it end? On Saturday night in Chicago, against a Bulls team that's won four of five, including a balanced effort against the Pistons on Friday.

Here are a few things to watch at the United Center:

MELO'S STATUS: Anthony is a game-time decision because of a laceration on the middle finger of his left hand

Anthony needed five stitches to sew the cut together. He tested the injury before tipoff against Miami but ultimately decided to sit.

Anthony's absence didn't really hurt the Knicks on Thursday, as they beat Miami by 20 points.

If Anthony sits again on Saturday, the Knicks will rely on Ray Felton (27 points vs. Miami), J.R. Smith, Steve Novak and others for offense.

Of note: Chicago is much stronger defensively than Miami, which ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency (a measure of points per 100 possessions). The Bulls have the top-ranked defense in terms of defensive efficiency in the NBA.

BIG DAY FOR RAY? If Derrick Rose were healthy, the point guard matchup would be one to watch in this game.

With Rose out, the Knicks appear to have an advantage because Felton has been red hot of late while playing through a painful left hand injury.

He had a season-high 27 points and hit six of 10 3s against the Heat to go along with seven assists against three turnovers.

Felton's averaging 22.3 points and 7.7 assists while hitting 11 of 24 from beyond the arc over the past three games -- all Knicks wins. Throw in Jason Kidd and you have to think the Knicks will be able control the pace and move the ball well against Chicago counterparts Kirk Hinrich and Nate Robinson.

BOARD GAMES: Tyson Chandler's been rebounding the ball at a great clip of late, averaging 14.5 rebounds in his past five games. But he may have his hands full against Chicago's Joakim Noah.

Noah is coming off of a monster 30-point, 23-rebound effort against Detroit. Both were career highs for Noah, who is averaging 10.8 rebounds per game.

Overall, New York ranks 27th in rebound rate (a percentage of missed shots a team rebounds) while Chicago is third.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I just hope the ref's don't shun us as the season goes on because of J.R. and Rasheed... I think we've been given a fair shake so far this season. What are your thoughts on that?
    I would agree with you but I'm watching so many other non knick games this year and not to keep harping on it but Melo gets a raw deal, and its not even close.

Watching guy's like Lebron, D-Wil, Harden, Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Pierce etc............it just seems so tilted againt Melo.

I mean I watched Pierce do a reverse layup last night, his defender went off him, Pierce yelled and he got an and one?

Westbrook went in for a layup a guy put his hand on him barely touching him and he got an and one?

Melo gets pushed, punched even slapped in the head yet no calls? Melo his last game got hit again in the head so obvious his headband went flying, no call?

vCash
    Tough matchup on the road. We need a conscious effort to stay respectable on the boards. Chicago's bread and butter is rebounding the ball.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    No melo Today you would think we have the right to be confident by the way we're playing, but nba is too unpredictable. Let's go Knicks!! Let's get that W.

If you can't handle my worst, you ain't getting my best.
    #KnicksTape

vCash
    I would agree with you but I'm watching so many other non knick games this year and not to keep harping on it but Melo gets a raw deal, and its not even close.

Watching guy's like Lebron, D-Wil, Harden, Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Pierce etc............it just seems so tilted againt Melo.

I mean I watched Pierce do a reverse layup last night, his defender went off him, Pierce yelled and he got an and one?

Westbrook went in for a layup a guy put his hand on him barely touching him and he got an and one?

Melo gets pushed, punched even slapped in the head yet no calls? Melo his last game got hit again in the head so obvious his headband went flying, no call?
    This is something i've thought about quite a bit recently. Being a Knick fan magnifies it to the tenth degree. The only thing i can think of is he (in a way) brings it on himself by forcing contact against triple teams. The refs notice that and he has a reputation for it.

Clyde was saying something on one of the broadcasts about how its tough for 'Melo to play gritty on-ball defense, because he doesn't have a reputation for it. Refs won't give him the benefit of the doubt that they might give to a Shane Battier or even Kobe, Lebron, etc. He has to re-imagine himself and the refs have to take notice. He's done a great job so-far, now he needs to see it through. It bodes well that we are solidifying the reputation of a gritty defensive team.

After the Memphis game, 'Melo said he's done harping on the lack of calls. Since then, i've seen him stop complaining to the refs, and pass out of those triple and double teams a heck of a lot more. I don't know if its a change in his on-court morality, or if its the fact that we have better shooters now.. But i like this 'Melo. I can live with a couple bad shots now and again if he does all these other things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    You're a lost perspective.

Who's winning the fantasy bball thing. Are you in it, Weezy?

vCash
    We got this game the days of being content with a previous win are over!

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash

I agree with you guys that's why I think Woodson or Melo should go off after a game and call the refs and the league out ala Cubans and take the fine but atleast we call them out abd let them know we wont stand for it

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast