Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game #19 Knicks (14-4) vs Bulls (10-8)- Melo decision after shoot around.

VS

Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012
    Time: 8:00 PM EST

TV: MSG

Projected Starters:
    Chicago Bulls
    (10-8)

HINRICH---------BELINELLI--------DENG--------BOOZER-------------NOAH

(14-4)

Raymond Felton | Jason Kidd | Ronnie Brewer | Carmelo Anthony | Tyson Chandler

Novak and JR may be too much for Bulls bench.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Knicks-Bulls Preview

STATS LLC

The New York Knicks may be without Carmelo Anthony again, so Raymond Felton looks to continue shaking off his own injury in an attempt to pick up the slack in his absence.

The Chicago Bulls are enjoying their best stretch of the season and could be facing the Eastern Conference leaders at an opportune time.

With Anthony's status unclear, the Knicks may need another big performance from Felton as they try to win in Chicago for only the fourth time in over 11 years Saturday night.

A cut on the middle finger of his left hand sidelined Anthony on Thursday in Miami, but New York (14-4) didn't miss its superstar, connecting on 18 3-pointers in an impressive 112-92 win.

The Knicks are on the cusp of matching their season-opening six-game winning streak, and Felton's recent play -- especially versus the Heat -- is a major reason why.

The point guard is averaging 22.3 points and 7.7 assists while hitting 11 of 24 from beyond the arc over the last three games. That includes a season-high 27 points on 10 of 20 from the field -- including 6 of 10 from long range -- while playing through a nagging hand injury Thursday.

"He's a tough kid," coach Mike Woodson said. "It's going to take a lot to sit him down. I thought he was hurt. He's got the hand, and I thought he got hit on it. He refused to come out, and he stood in there, stuck it out and was able to bring it home.

"You've got a key guy that goes down, and the other guys get an opportunity to play and step up and make plays."

Another strong game from Felton would surely help if Woodson opts to sit Anthony again ahead of a home meeting with Denver -- the forward's former team -- slated for Sunday.

Felton is scoring 17.2 points per game over his last five visits to Chicago (10-8), a venue the Knicks rarely find success.

The Bulls have won 18 of the past 21 against New York at the United Center, including both matchups last season.

They also enter this meeting as winners of four of five after losing four of the previous five.

Joakim Noah kept Chicago rolling Friday, posting career highs of 30 points and 23 rebounds as the team erased a 17-point, second-quarter deficit en route to a 108-104 victory at Detroit.

"It's crazy to have numbers like that," said Noah, who averaged 9.8 points and 8.3 boards in four games against the Knicks last season.

Noah, among the league leaders with 10.8 boards this season, is expected to get a heavy dose of Tyson Chandler in a matchup of two of the East's best rebounders. Chandler pulls down an average of 9.4 rebounds, and has 14.5 over the past four games.

Carlos Boozer -- averaging 9.7 boards -- should provide some help for Noah on the glass. The veteran forward made his presence felt in the scoring column Friday, getting 24 points -- his second-highest total of the season -- on 12 of 19 from the floor.

Boozer has averaged 15.7 points and 13.5 rebounds in his past six meetings with New York since joining Chicago as a free agent over two years ago.

W2W4: Knicks at Bulls

Quote:
    December, 8, 2012
    Dec 8

12:15

PM ET

By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

If you're a Knicks fan, it's hard to imagine a better road trip than the one the team is currently on.

It started with a J.R. Smith buzzer-beater in Charlottte. It continued with a 20-point win in Miami, one that came with Carmelo Anthony on the bench.

So how will it end? On Saturday night in Chicago, against a Bulls team that's won four of five, including a balanced effort against the Pistons on Friday.

Here are a few things to watch at the United Center:

MELO'S STATUS: Anthony is a game-time decision because of a laceration on the middle finger of his left hand.

Anthony needed five stitches to sew the cut together. He tested the injury before tipoff against Miami but ultimately decided to sit.

Anthony's absence didn't really hurt the Knicks on Thursday, as they beat Miami by 20 points.

If Anthony sits again on Saturday, the Knicks will rely on Ray Felton (27 points vs. Miami), J.R. Smith, Steve Novak and others for offense.

Of note: Chicago is much stronger defensively than Miami, which ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency (a measure of points per 100 possessions). The Bulls have the top-ranked defense in terms of defensive efficiency in the NBA.

BIG DAY FOR RAY? If Derrick Rose were healthy, the point guard matchup would be one to watch in this game.

With Rose out, the Knicks appear to have an advantage because Felton has been red hot of late while playing through a painful left hand injury.

He had a season-high 27 points and hit six of 10 3s against the Heat to go along with seven assists against three turnovers.

Felton's averaging 22.3 points and 7.7 assists while hitting 11 of 24 from beyond the arc over the past three games -- all Knicks wins. Throw in Jason Kidd and you have to think the Knicks will be able control the pace and move the ball well against Chicago counterparts Kirk Hinrich and Nate Robinson.

BOARD GAMES: Tyson Chandler's been rebounding the ball at a great clip of late, averaging 14.5 rebounds in his past five games. But he may have his hands full against Chicago's Joakim Noah.

Noah is coming off of a monster 30-point, 23-rebound effort against Detroit. Both were career highs for Noah, who is averaging 10.8 rebounds per game.

Overall, New York ranks 27th in rebound rate (a percentage of missed shots a team rebounds) while Chicago is third.
    Last edited by still a fan; 12-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    NYK all day.....
    Just sucks I have to wait all day for this.

vCash
    Should be a good one, obviously minus rose and coming off a b2b we should win this. Still bulls are talented and this is the nba.

vCash
    Let's do it

vCash
    Only thing Im worried about is Noahs relentless attacking of rebounds on both sides of the floor.

Should be a win whether Melo plays or not though.

Perfection

vCash
    Yeah I can see us getting completely manhandled on the boards and giving up an infuriating amount of offensive rebounds.

Bad matchup.

The good thing is their back court is horrible so Felton, Kidd, J.R., and Prigs should have a field day with penetration and the long ball.

vCash
    Lets beat the bulls in front of Pippen now!

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Are people still mentioning what the other teams strengths are? Lmao cut this crap out. We will get out rebounded, bad matchup, etc etc. have some faith! Lol we running things right now. I'm going into EVERY GAME CONFIDENT. With that said, we got this! A little side note: every time Brooklyn lose I chuckle.

vCash
    I am just excited to see Nate again. don't want him to go off on us. I just like the little dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungincome View Post
    Are people still mentioning what the other teams strengths are? Lmao cut this crap out. We will get out rebounded, bad matchup, etc etc. have some faith! Lol we running things right now. I'm going into EVERY GAME CONFIDENT. With that said, we got this! A little side note: every time Brooklyn lose I chuckle.
    Part of the forum is just having a discussion on how we match up against every team. It's part of basketball isn't it ?

Woodson ain't no dummy. He knows our weakness is rebounding. Let's hope our guys all rebound, including our guards and we should be fine. Go knicks !!!

Time to watch Knicks@MIAMI AGAIN while I wait for this game

vCash
    No need to harp on our weaknesses. Worry about what we do well. Like defend and great ball movement.

I can careless about Chicago's strengths! I'm not being a cocky knicks fan but Chicago's team shouldn't beat us and we all know that. We have something to prove this season. We should stomp on the Bulls head since they don't have D Rose. Point blank period.

vCash
    I'm worried about this game. The Bulls are no joke and we're coming off a huge high from that Miami win...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I'm worried about this game. The Bulls are no joke and we're coming off a huge high from that Miami win...
    Noah is an energy guy and he exhausted 43 tough minutes last night and then had to travel for tonights game.

I'm worried about every game because you just don't know........even a team like NY may throw up 40 three's at you and hit a good amount of them, you just don't know.

I hope the ref's are in a NY state of mind with Rose not playing lol

vCash
    Lol It seems like people are starting to lose perspective. Oh well.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast