Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edwin Jackson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    A good GM trades for Revere, a bad GM signs Bourn for $15 million per on a long-term deal. DD unfortunately is a bad GM.
    is there something linking us to signing Bourne??????

vCash
    I know, I had to go check ESPN after reading that post.

vCash
    i wouldnt b mad if we got Bourne. but not for a huge contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I know, I had to go check ESPN after reading that post.
    lol. i did too after i read it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitfans#1 View Post
    i wouldnt b mad if we got Bourne. but not for a huge contract
    Well then you're either going to be furious or more likely, you won't see Bourn in a Tigers uni. He wants money and years, not worth either once he loses a step. After that, he's nothing.

A good GM trades for Revere, a bad GM signs Bourn for $15 million per on a long-term deal. DD unfortunately is a bad GM.
    Joking?

vCash
    How is DD a bad GM?

vCash
    The first part I agree with but there is no way DD is a bad GM. He is in the lower portion of the top 10 in all of baseball.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Jurrjens for Renteria, bad.
    4yr extension for Guillen, worse.

Other than those two moves...I cannot remember many that I thought, "Oooo, yuck!!!" when DD made them. While I don't always LOVE every deal, and who does, Dombrowski has done a fantastic job.

You all could still be stuck with Randy Smith! 12/11/2000: Traded Brad Ausmus, Doug Brocail, and Nelson Cruz to the Astros for Roger Cedeno, Chris Holt and Mitch Meluskey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Jurrjens for Renteria, bad.
    4yr extension for Guillen, worse.

Other than those two moves...I cannot remember many that I thought, "Oooo, yuck!!!" when DD made them. While I don't always LOVE every deal, and who does, Dombrowski has done a fantastic job.

You all could still be stuck with Randy Smith! 12/11/2000: Traded Brad Ausmus, Doug Brocail, and Nelson Cruz to the Astros for Roger Cedeno, Chris Holt and Mitch Meluskey.
    Guillens' extension is only bad because he happened to run into injury problems. That doesn't make it a bad GM move. If he would have stayed healthy it would have been perfectly fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Guillens' extension is only bad because he happened to run into injury problems. That doesn't make it a bad GM move. If he would have stayed healthy it would have been perfectly fine.
    They gave him the extension while he was the SS knowing full well that he would more than likely not be the SS at the end of that contract. I am not certain that it was a GM move or an Illitch move, I am betting that DD made the decision. Regardless, it was a bad move. Guillen had not finished a whole season with the Tigers before the extension not to mention after...it muddied the waters on every other move we made while he was here...trying to find a place for Guillen on the field (1B, LF, 3B, etc).

Don't get me wrong, DD is doing a fantastic job...just saying that he has had a couple of doozies which are allowed.

kokes, we don't disagree often, but on this one we will.
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-10-2012 at 03:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    They gave him the extension while he was the SS knowing full well that he would more than likely not be the SS at the end of that contract. I am not certain that it was a GM move or an Illitch move, I am betting that DD made the decision. Regardless, it was a bad move. Guillen had not finished a whole season with the Tigers before the extension not to mention after...it muddied the waters on every other move we made while he was here...trying to find a place for Guillen on the field (1B, LF, 3B, etc).

Don't get me wrong, DD is doing a fantastic job...just saying that he has had a couple of doozies which are allowed.

kokes, we don't disagree often, but on this one we will.
    First, just so you know, I'm a BIG Guillen fan and he took over as my favourite Tiger when Higgy retired. Don't get me wrong I know he wasn't the best player, I'm not going to debate and say he's better than Pujols just because he was my favourite player. lol I'm not one of those guys. I've just always liked him (even in Seattle).

When they signed him he was only 30, had plenty of range and one of the better hitting SS. Figuring(at the time) that Inge was going to be OK, made Guillen getting older at SS easier since Inge had unreal range. He did have injury history but that's a risk a GM takes. He put up some good numbers considering how much he was getting paid, just bad timing he started getting hurt when the higher salaries kicked in.

vCash
    First, just so you know, I'm a BIG Guillen fan and he took over as my favourite Tiger when Higgy retired. Don't get me wrong I know he wasn't the best player, I'm not going to debate and say he's better than Pujols just because he was my favourite player. lol I'm not one of those guys. I've just always liked him (even in Seattle).

When they signed him he was only 30, had plenty of range and one of the better hitting SS. Figuring(at the time) that Inge was going to be OK, made Guillen getting older at SS easier since Inge had unreal range. He did have injury history but that's a risk a GM takes. He put up some good numbers considering how much he was getting paid, just bad timing he started getting hurt when the higher salaries kicked in.
    Dude, I am SOOO sorry that your favorite Tiger was Bobby Higginson! I have only ever found three of you (including you). I HAD to tease you on that one!

I liked Guillen...as a matter of fact I think I posted before to you that he was forgiven, in my eyes anyway, when he hit the HR off of that punk-@$$ Weaver. I took my wife and two boys to that game, Wow! What a game! Weaver vs. Verlander...I will never forget it...thanks to Guillen.

The first deal was 2004 and Guillen was 28 and the Tigers traded Juan Gonzalez and Ramon Santiago for Guillen...they avoided arbitration and signed him to a 3yr $14M extension. That took him to age 32. Until age 30 Guillen had only played in more that 134 games twice in his career; first at age 25 (his first full season he played 140 games), and second time at age 28 (his first season with Detroit he played 136 games). His second season with the Tigers, at age 29, he was only able to play 87 games. In 4 full seasons with Seattle before coming to Detroit he AVERAGED 118 games a season...the dude was brittle from moment go in the Big Leagues...Seattle knew it, WE knew it.

I think the worst part about it was the fact that DD did the 4yr/$48M extension IN MARCH OF 2007 while Guillen was under the last year of his contract making $5M.

IF you look at the offseason moves from 2007-08 you will understand why I feel it was an awful move. I am not trying to pick on you or your favorite player, it was just NOT one of DD's better moments as a GM.

vCash
    PS. Kokes, if you want to pick on me...Gibby is/and was my favorite Tiger...not exactly a defensive stalwart or an offensive juggernaut...but I love his intensity all the same!

vCash
    I know he was hurt a lot but I still love him. The years he was able to stay healthy or somewhat healthy, damn I loved going to those games. Watching him warm-up was awesome, arm was sweet.

vCash
    I know he was hurt a lot but I still love him. The years he was able to stay healthy or somewhat healthy, damn I loved going to those games. Watching him warm-up was awesome, arm was sweet.
    No doubt, great player, what many would refer to as a silky smooth SS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast