Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gasol must be assertive for this to work. I just don't see it happening.

-@ Crooner... how is this a demotion? I see this as a difference in strategy. He will still play major mins. I doubt Ginobili took it as a "demotion"

vCash
    Hey, as long as we keep him and he finishes the games (ala Lamar on those championship teams).

I want to see our twin towers ending games for us to win close ball games defensively.

vCash
    It's worth a try. I just hope he doesn't play well from now until past the trade deadline and he avoids being moved. Then come playoffs he underperforms again. So in a way I still would prefer they trade him. It's tough to say. I suppose it depends on what we can get for him as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Gasol must be assertive for this to work. I just don't see it happening.

-@ Crooner... how is this a demotion? I see this as a difference in strategy. He will still play major mins. I doubt Ginobili took it as a "demotion"
    I can see where he is coming from in some ways. While he is a team player, Pau is as mentally weak as they come. Can't say the same about Ginobili. Who knows how Pau he will react.

vCash
    Worth a shot.

vCash
    I'm willing to make him the captain of the second unit, make him the 1st option while Dwight is on the bench.. Turn him into a Lamar Odom type of Sixth man, he could easily win 6MOY if this works out well

vCash
    Number 1 problem is our coach's style that does not fit our team resources.
    Number 2 problem is our guards. They are except Nash all below average and very bad defenders. This includes Nsh.
    Third problem is Nash age. Gasol can help to solve all of them. A trade that brings one above average guard and a 4th that can stretch the floor consistently! But this can cause a big problem in the future with the cap if this move extends the salary of the players coming in for more than 2 years. If Anderson comes then I think is fine because he is an asset for the future with Howard. The Toronto possible deal makes some sense for both teams. Lakers get an above average pg with a expiring contract(10,000,000) Bargnani three years 33 Mill. Lakers send Gasol about 40 mill 2 years and possibly either Blake and or Morris or Duhon in any combo. Lakers migh give Ebunks somehow to make the deal even. Bargnani is a decent defender,but a better outside shooter. Calderon will make our second or first unit very dangerous. He can play!

vCash
    its the right move.

cut his minutes down to 26-28 per game. keep him healthy and fresh for playoffs. let him become our Ginobli off the block. let Jamison and Hill do some of the regular season heavy lifting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    its the right move.

cut his minutes down to 26-28 per game. keep him healthy and fresh for playoffs. let him become our Ginobli off the block. let Jamison and Hill do some of the regular season heavy lifting.
    Really? Dream on!

vCash
    First option is to trade him. Second is to play him off the bench. The all start Pau is gone. Pau isn't going to get his legs back. Some players get old faster then others. Pau is a old 32. Even if Pau plays the center position, the other problem arises. Pau can't play a up tempo offense. Matter of fact, the Lakers in a hole are having problems with the tempo. I thought the Lakers played well in the loss to the Thunder even with out a healthy squad. The Lakers will continue to play better as the season goes on. But playing a young team that are fast will continue to give us problems. I knew Brown wasn't the guy, nor did I think D'antoni was a good fit. I still say I would of taken my change with Phil. Understanding that the triangle offense was going to take time, and maybe even a year time. But I thought maybe Phil would run a more motion offense along with the triangle to get them through the season. I think the reason they took D'antoni was not cause he was better or Phil wanted certain things along with just coaching. I feel they felt pressure to win now. D'antoni offense would be learned quicker than Phil's. knowing the situation with Howard win now or he might bail, to win now cause Kobe only has a few years left. Dantonis offense will work on weaker teams but not the top team. Running game after game will and has hurt the Lakers defense. Using all their energy on the offensive. Sometimes it's a mind set. Let u score and will score on the other end.
    Last edited by RAIDLAKDODG4LIF; 12-08-2012 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    I made a thread about this preseaon.

The 2nd unit is the best place for Pau and the whole team

vCash
    we can try out . let pau be our Lamar odom to see if it works i rather have him on the bench than not in the team at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    Sorry Laker fans but as long as the Lakers have that Idiot for a Head Coach, your team will have zero chance for a title. Oh he can bring Stats to Kobe, and Nash once he returns. But his No D style once the Half court style of the Playoffs arrive will kill any chance the Laker fans think they will have for a Championship. D'antoni is the real problem.
    It doesn't matter what coach we get the Lakers are done for because we are old and the Thunder exposed that weakness.

vCash
    "We're slow right now," D'Antoni said this week. "Athletically, we're struggling against young teams that just run up and down."
    Well, conventional wisdom says that if you have talented but slow players who struggle against teams that just run up and down, you SLOW THE GAME DOWN. Adjust, Mike!

vCash
    ive been actually wondering if we should do this. pau off the bench to be backup center, that way pau can be on the block like he wants and we can space out the floor for both the bench and starting lineup
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast