Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chinakobefan View Post
    Honestly, I'm getting so tired of hearing about how much better the Thunder are than the Lakers, I have to vent. It was painful hearing Magic Johnson constantly repeat this over and over again throughout the game. What if OKC was without Westbrook and Ibaka and Perkins was playing with a recovering back injury and they had to play against a fully healthy Lakers squad? What do you think the score would look like? Everyone keeps forgetting that we haven't really seen the Lakers at all this season. I mean, a third string point guard is the starter. Give me a break.
    You are right. Westbrook is a fantastic player (and yes I still say he is "Jordan-esque" at times) and Durant is great also. Ibaka and the rest of that team are very young, athletic and talented also.

But, c'mon, stop talking about the Lakers like they're amateurs or something. Maybe this is some people's idea of motivating the Lakers, I don't know, but wtf, the Lakers have freakin' KOBE BRYANT, as well as Dwight Howard, and a lot of role players like Metta and Jamison who would star on other teams.

When healthy, they also got Nash and Gasol (I mean, just listen to that: Nash and Gasol) to add to all of that.

Sure, OKC is good and athletic, and the Lakers are somewhat older, but to say that the Lakers just "can't" and "won't" be able to defeat OKC (implying of course that if they had hired Phil and Rambis they would) is just totally totally wrong.

Anyway, all the analysts have their Laker predictions in for this season now, right? Good. Settled. They think Lakers have no chance against OKC. Fine. Got it. Let's make a note of that.

Ok, now let's play the next 60 games plus the playoffs. Let's see who's right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chinakobefan View Post
    Honestly, I'm getting so tired of hearing about how much better the Thunder are than the Lakers, I have to vent. It was painful hearing Magic Johnson constantly repeat this over and over again throughout the game. What if OKC was without Westbrook and Ibaka and Perkins was playing with a recovering back injury and they had to play against a fully healthy Lakers squad? What do you think the score would look like? Everyone keeps forgetting that we haven't really seen the Lakers at all this season. I mean, a third string point guard is the starter. Give me a break.

The question you should be asking yourself is why OKC losing a key player this summer is resulting in a 16-4 record. While the Lakers adding a key player like Dwight Howard are currently rolling around the basement floor at 9-11
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post

The question you should be asking yourself is why OKC losing a key player this summer is resulting in a 16-4 record. While the Lakers adding a key player like Dwight Howard are currently rolling around the basement floor at 9-11
    It's because they are just flat out better than us that's why. Happy now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    I'd argue it as a justification actually. He can say look I gave Pau yet another chance to get it as a 4 in this league by allowing him to heal and play with Nash, but it failed, so now i am forced to explore moving him to the bench as it is necessary for both his and the teams own good.
    someone who actually gets it...

Pau is gone ... its not a question of if ... just when

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    someone who actually gets it...

Pau is gone ... its not a question of if ... just when
    And what will be coming back for Pau. I wanted to let you know that, but you already knew that.

vCash
    My idea may be crazy, but let Duhon and Hill start. There's no reason Kobe, Dwight, and MWP can't put points on the board or that Hill and Duhin can't provide better D as 15-20 minute starters to open the first and third quarters ala Samaki Walker

Bring Nash, Meeks, Jamison, and Pau off the bench together. That way the second unit has shooting, post play, scoring, spacing, and Dwight and Kobe could both sit at the same time. But that is a lot of money to come off the pine though. Pau and Nash can still finish and their minute load would still be 28 or so
    Last edited by kblo247; 12-09-2012 at 11:12 PM.

vCash
    This team is absolutely terrible. Its not so much Pau as it is how they execute with the talent they have. D Antoni probably wont end the season here, at least that's the obvious sentiment. But the Lakers have become a joke at this point. Front office has been critical mistakes in hiring two coaches that were clearly terrible fits for this team. It seems like a lost season at this point. Nash is gonna do very little to change anything.

vCash
    its me or there is a problem feeding the PF position?

Jamison has been as Awfull or worse than Pau since he is starting ( and he is not injured).
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

Jamison has been as Awfull or worse than Pau since he is starting ( and he is not injured).
    Feeding the 3 pt line...............

The D'Antoni system

vCash
    Just shoot baby!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

Jamison did sprain his ankle in the 3rd quarter of the hornets game, which is why he didn't enter it again. He's also got that foot braced Ireland said during the game on the radio broadcast (I had to listen to the first quarter on xm

Hill also still has his back.

Fact is out PFs and Nash/Blake are all banged up. Dwight still playing his way back, and Kobe/MwP are just absorbing extra minutes. Now Metta is even playing backup PF since Twan got hurt as he played PF in the 4th vs NO, vs OKc, and tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Jamison did sprain his ankle in the 3rd quarter of the hornets game, which is why he didn't enter it again. He's also got that foot braced Ireland said during the game on the radio broadcast (I had to listen to the first quarter on xm
    Oh, gee... now we're making excuses for Jamison? Or are they only excuses when Gasol has an injury?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Oh, gee... now we're making excuses for Jamison? Or are they only excuses when Gasol has an injury?
    wow dude... he is just pointing out what happened... no need to go postal...

You and Crooner don't need to constantly defend Pau... it isn't that Pau sucks or isn't any good anymore... its simple... his skills as a 4 are not a fit for Dantoni's system.

He needs to be playing Center for someone else so he can go back to his natural position. The idea that he would be successful in a line up with a 5 who only plays in the post is naive and quite frankly borderline idiotic. This has been the case the last 3 years.

This problem is compounded by hiring a guy like Dandouche who only wants to speed up the game... Pau's skills don't fit and he is the best trade option the Lakers have to improve the team because the FO didn't finish the job this summer by going out and getting more young bodies... how good would blatche be for us if we had signed him? How easy would that make it to trade a guy like Hill for some pieces?

Again, the primary blame for the current fiasco resides in the FO for

1. Not getting the right roster
    2. Hiring TWO morons to coach the team

Do i think things will change? Nope, because Jimbaco doesn't have the balls to do what really needs to happen. What is that you ask... simple and it has even been proffered by Crooner at different times and i totally agree...

SIMPLE BLOW UP STRATEGY

1. Sit down with Dwight and tell him this is HIS team and that major changes are coming

2. Trade Pau for expirings to someone like Milwaukee wherein we get a first and the corresponding $19 million for Pau is off the books at the end of this season

3. Trade Artest and a second for an expiring or trade exception this year

4. Trade Nash for an expiring and a first round pick (someone will do it)

5. AMNESTY KOBE....

6. Resign D12

7. Sign CP3

8. Fill roster out with Dantoni type players on one year deals

9. Pick up another star via trade in 2013/2014 or wait for 2014 FA market

Bottom line... unless Mitch has a couple of miracles up his sleeve there is no way we are competing this year as the roster is currently configured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    wow dude... he is just pointing out what happened... no need to go postal...

You and Crooner don't need to constantly defend Pau... it isn't that Pau sucks or isn't any good anymore... its simple... his skills as a 4 are not a fit for Dantoni's system.

He needs to be playing Center for someone else so he can go back to his natural position. The idea that he would be successful in a line up with a 5 who only plays in the post is naive and quite frankly borderline idiotic. This has been the case the last 3 years.

This problem is compounded by hiring a guy like Dandouche who only wants to speed up the game... Pau's skills don't fit and he is the best trade option the Lakers have to improve the team because the FO didn't finish the job this summer by going out and getting more young bodies... how good would blatche be for us if we had signed him? How easy would that make it to trade a guy like Hill for some pieces?

Again, the primary blame for the current fiasco resides in the FO for

1. Not getting the right roster
    2. Hiring TWO morons to coach the team

Do i think things will change? Nope, because Jimbaco doesn't have the balls to do what really needs to happen. What is that you ask... simple and it has even been proffered by Crooner at different times and i totally agree...

SIMPLE BLOW UP STRATEGY

1. Sit down with Dwight and tell him this is HIS team and that major changes are coming

2. Trade Pau for expirings to someone like Milwaukee wherein we get a first and the corresponding $19 million for Pau is off the books at the end of this season

3. Trade Artest and a second for an expiring or trade exception this year

4. Trade Nash for an expiring and a first round pick (someone will do it)

5. AMNESTY KOBE....

6. Resign D12

7. Sign CP3

8. Fill roster out with Dantoni type players on one year deals

9. Pick up another star via trade in 2013/2014 or wait for 2014 FA market

Bottom line... unless Mitch has a couple of miracles up his sleeve there is no way we are competing this year as the roster is currently configured.
    I agree, something needs to happen. Fast.. The lakers already have a lot of offense, I think they need to use pau to get some great defense. I don't think the lakers need to start rebuilding tho. I really think they will be better when Nash gets back, they will still have a huge problem on defense so I think it would be best for the FO to look to improve the defense now. Maybe trade pau for 2 great defenders to come off the bench that could also fit well in the offense.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I agree, something needs to happen. Fast.. The lakers already have a lot of offense, I think they need to use pau to get some great defense. I don't think the lakers need to start rebuilding tho. I really think they will be better when Nash gets back, they will still have a huge problem on defense so I think it would be best for the FO to look to improve the defense now. Maybe trade pau for 2 great defenders to come off the bench that could also fit well in the offense.
    I hope mitch can turn Pau into 2 or 3 very good players but i just don't see how without mortgaging the future...

the lakers are in a tough position which was mostly their own doing by not adding more bench depth at vet minimum contracts after the D12 trade...

we have had a great run with kobe but it is definitely nearing its end ... and i can even support a total rebuild at this point... at least then fans expectations would be realistic

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast