Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Was just talking about this, in another thread. This might be exactly what the doctor ordered from both sides. Pau should excel off te bench at C.

Who cares what he makes? As long as we win.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Pau is just done. There's no secret to jump start him again. Ever since the dramatic drop off in production starting in the 11 playoffs, he has been done as an all star caliber player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    another demotion?

Ship him already somwhere else.

he is not going to take it well and it reflects in his game.

Not to mention having 19 millions on a bench player is beyond stupid.

3 players x 6 millions each > 1 player 19 million , in terms of a good bench.

Jamison has proven NOTHING since being the starter btw.

similar ppg production.
    worse rebounding.
    worse defense ( and he is heathy....)
    This doesnt have as much to do with how the starters are playing than it does with the bench. Playing with the starters, Jamison has more room to operate. If Pau plays more minutes with the bench they can go to him in the post and have him create his own shot. It could help the Lakers get consistent production for 48 min. Doesn't seem like a bad idea - they should at least try it out. Pau can still get starter minutes.
    Last edited by DaLakerz Rulz; 12-08-2012 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    If we bring Pau off the bench, then I think they should start Hill instead of Jamison.... Because between Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Metta, we have enough big time scoring so we need someone to hit the little 12 footer from time to time but Hill's defense will be much needed in that starting unit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mekedubs View Post
    If we bring Pau off the bench, then I think they should start Hill instead of Jamison.... Because between Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Metta, we have enough big time scoring so we need someone to hit the little 12 footer from time to time but Hill's defense will be much needed in that starting unit...
    Jamison is much worse defensively than I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    It doesnt really matter who starts or not. It's all about the 5-man unit that these guys play with.

And last year Mike Brown already made the adjustment of playng Gasol with the 2nd unit, didnt really help much
    Well Pau is always whining for more touches in the post. He should get that if he plays more with the 2nd unit. It simply is not working when he is on the floor with Howard. Eiher way with such a terrible bench its not like we have many options here.

vCash
    another demotion?

similar ppg production.
    worse rebounding.
    And he's older!!!! No one said that Jamison was the answer!! But WE ALL know that Pau is a major part of the problem with his production....

Jamison came to the Lakers to come off the bench, not start...

vCash
    Jamison too start. Hill off the bench w/Pau
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mekedubs View Post
    Its not about scoring...its about spacing.

vCash
    another demotion?

similar ppg production.
    worse rebounding.
    I agree, it would be beyond stupid for him to come off the bench making 19 million a season. However, that might be the only thing that works and makes this team better. Personally, I would just trade him for athleticism. I realized that it isn't necessarily shooting/3 point shooting that is killing us, it is our inability to run and keep up defensively with faster/quicker teams. Trading for Ryan Anderson, Danilo Gallinari, Andrea Bargnani, won't solve that problem. In fact it would make it worse. Our outside shooting might get better, but what would that solve defensively? Most of the league has speed today, with the exception of Lakers, maybe Spurs (they have Tony Parker, that offsets everything), and Celtics occasionally (they have Rondo, so that makes up for everything.) Bottom line, we need to trade Gasol. Move Metta to the bench with Jamison, Hill, and Meeks. Find new Fowards, for those are our weakest positions. Preferably an athletic Power Foward (Derrick Williams or Josh Smith, etc), and then an athletic shooter at small Forward (Dorell Wright or Chandler Parson, etc.) And then if you wanted to get more complicated, we need to trade for players with very cheap contracts, and who have at least 2 years or less on their contract.

#gotta lot of ***** to handle. feedback

vCash
    We need to take that trade with the T'Wolves , I was saying it last year! They would have to give up Ridnour, Barea, Pekovic, and Williams just for Gasol. Outta those gains, I would keep Ridnour and Williams, and then flip Barea & Pekovic for other needs.

#Do It Mitch

vCash

Smile agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2000 View Post
    I don't think we played too bad last night considering our point guard situation, no Pau and and very new system. The game was a lot closer than I expected it would be. This team is slowly coming together and I believe will be dangerous come playoff time. The Thunder have been together for a few years and are playing top caliber ball, but we were right there! the bench is getting better every game. I see the Lakers going on a serious run near February. Go Lakers!!!!! win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    Sorry Laker fans but as long as the Lakers have that Idiot for a Head Coach, your team will have zero chance for a title. Oh he can bring Stats to Kobe, and Nash once he returns. But his No D style once the Half court style of the Playoffs arrive will kill any chance the Laker fans think they will have for a Championship. D'antoni is the real problem.
    You don't know a thing
    :c

vCash
    another demotion?

similar ppg production.
    worse rebounding.
    Someone has been eating Pau soup.
    :c

vCash
    He could be the Lakers' Kevin McHale. The Lakers should at least give it a try.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast