Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers may bring Pau off the bench

Lakers May Bring Pau Gasol Off Bench?
    The Lakers are debating whether to bring Pau Gasol off the bench when he returns from knee tendinitis, said a person familiar with the team’s thinking.

Gasol has struggled mightily this season, averaging 12.6 points and shooting only 42%, both career lows.

The Lakers are trying to decide how a demotion to the bench would affect Gasol. If they determined it would be adverse, they’d keep him in the starting lineup.

via Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/lakers-may...sol-off-bench/

vCash
    For those who're interested, here's the full article:

Pau Gasol's role as starter debated

OKLAHOMA CITY The Lakers are debating whether to bring Pau Gasol off the bench when he returns from knee tendinitis, said a person familiar with the team's thinking.

Gasol has struggled mightily this season, averaging 12.6 points and shooting only 42%, both career lows.

The Lakers are trying to decide how a demotion to the bench would affect Gasol. If they determined it would be adverse, they'd keep him in the starting lineup.

It was unclear when Gasol would return, though it could be Sunday against Utah at Staples Center. The Lakers then take off for another road trip, to Cleveland, New York, Washington and Philadelphia.

Before Friday's game, Gasol worked out on an elliptical machine. He has not started running again.

Antawn Jamison, Gasol's replacement the last three games, has averaged 13 points and six rebounds since joining the starting lineup. Jamison's worst game of the three was Friday against Oklahoma City nine points and five rebounds in the Lakers' 114-108 loss.

Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni has benched Gasol twice since taking over the team. Gasol was held out the entire fourth quarter in a loss to Memphis and the last 6:07 in a loss to Orlando.

D'Antoni recently said he went with Jamison in those two games because "we just have to be a more dynamic team."

"We're slow right now," D'Antoni said this week. "Athletically, we're struggling against young teams that just run up and down."
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    I think we can give it a try, Pau being the focal point of our offense against others teams second units could benefit him.

Then, no more excuses for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I think we can give it a try, Pau being the focal point of our offense against others teams second units could benefit him.

TOTALLY AGREE!

Watching last nights game against the Thunder confirms to me we cannot beat them in a 7 game series... I would trade Pau for a young Athletic Wing player and or a stretch 4 like Ryan Anderson but if I have to keep him he comes off the bench!

Its sad to watch as the Lakers vs Thunder looks like that young champion in the making going up against the old past his prime former champ that just isnt fast enough to keep up on either end and cant make it the DISTANCE!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocoachmike View Post
    TOTALLY AGREE!

Watching last nights game against the Thunder confirms to me we cannot beat them in a 7 game series... I would trade Pau for a young Athletic Wing player and or a stretch 4 like Ryan Anderson but if I have to keep him he comes off the bench!

Its sad to watch as the Lakers vs Thunder looks like that young champion in the making going up against the old past his prime former champ that just isnt fast enough to keep up on either end and cant make it the DISTANCE!!!!
    I agree, all the games vs okc look like the same since two years.

Painful to watch.

vCash
    This is great. Pau off the bench is a tremendously dangerous weapon. And honestly, we need production off the bench. As long as Jamison continues to hold his own, this will be a great move. I've never doubted that Pau cares more about the name in front of the jersey than the back (like Crooner says), well this is a perfect way to prove it.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Since we're still mixing, matching and experimenting lineups and rotations, I say go give it a try. Pau's a well-known team player so this shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully this also opens up more minutes for Hill.

This might sting more for Croonie than for Pau. llullz
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post

Yes, which is why I enjoyed the fact that they completely put the production on Pau to perform by saying either he fits the system or he's traded... Now if he don't dominate, like he's suppose to, then he's gone..

But if they do bring him off the bench, like the article said the FO wonder how the demotion would affect him "mentally" and his production.... I'm sooooo sick of hearing about Pau's mental state when it comes to basketball!
    Any other player who's supposed to be as good as he is, if things don't work out with their current team, they ask to be traded....

vCash
    Last chance Pau you have to make this work for you and us.

Let's get ready to Shiva!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Just get in the post and everything will be great.

Let's get ready to Shiva!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Sorry Laker fans but as long as the Lakers have that Idiot for a Head Coach, your team will have zero chance for a title. Oh he can bring Stats to Kobe, and Nash once he returns. But his No D style once the Half court style of the Playoffs arrive will kill any chance the Laker fans think they will have for a Championship. D'antoni is the real problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    Sorry Laker fans but as long as the Lakers have that Idiot for a Head Coach, your team will have zero chance for a title. Oh he can bring Stats to Kobe, and Nash once he returns. But his No D style once the Half court style of the Playoffs arrive will kill any chance the Laker fans think they will have for a Championship. D'antoni is the real problem.
    Cool story

vCash
    another demotion?

Ship him already somwhere else.

he is not going to take it well and it reflects in his game.

Not to mention having 19 millions on a bench player is beyond stupid.

3 players x 6 millions each > 1 player 19 million , in terms of a good bench.

Jamison has proven NOTHING since being the starter btw.

similar ppg production.
    worse rebounding.
    worse defense ( and he is heathy....)

vCash
    It doesnt really matter who starts or not. It's all about the 5-man unit that these guys play with.

And last year Mike Brown already made the adjustment of playng Gasol with the 2nd unit, didnt really help much

vCash

We are coming!!

I don't think we played too bad last night considering our point guard situation, no Pau and and very new system. The game was a lot closer than I expected it would be. This team is slowly coming together and I believe will be dangerous come playoff time. The Thunder have been together for a few years and are playing top caliber ball, but we were right there! the bench is getting better every game. I see the Lakers going on a serious run near February. Go Lakers!!!!! win

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast