Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Hamilton signs with the Brewers. He's gone.
    Grienke signs with the Dodgers. He's gone.
    Upton gets traded to the Mariners. He's gone.

You are now without Hamilton and without Napoli, and have lost out on both Upton and Grienke.

Make your offer.

(And Cano is not getting $30 a year, no one will ever get an A Rod type contract until either Stanton, Harper or Trout hit the market.)
    Those are all very unlikely scenarios.

vCash
    Not really, Mariners have been linked to Upton and have been actively looking for a Bat.
    Phillies have been linked to Upton as well and now there are reports that Arizona is leaning on holding on to him.

Grienke could easily decide the Dodgers over the Rangers. As it would be more logical since the Dodgers, right now are a much better lineup, much better rotation, are in a pitcher friendly park, and are in the National league.

Hamilton is being actively pursued by the Mariners, Brewers and now apparently the Yankees are starting to get interested. They are saying that Hal would rather have him until the 2016 season than Cano until the 2020 season as it would be a marginal difference in cost for them and may outbid all other teams based on long term investment vs. short term investment and there being the same return. Hal's views as he will be able to replace Hamilton for the same money he would be paying Cano after 2016 for a younger bat. It's the new Yankee way - business, none if any loyalty. This wouldn't be happening with George and Jeter or Williams or Mo or Jorge, happened with Andy but that was because Andy just simply wanted to go home to Houston and then quickly came back.

So the chances of you guys walking away empty handed are very possible barring on likely.

That's the fun in all of this... let's get creative. I understand it would suck, but it's very very likely. Thus the term "contingency plan"

Deal built around Cano... and Granderson, Hughes, Nova are all on the table.

Make an offer, come on.
    Last edited by DasBoot; 12-08-2012 at 05:54 PM.

vCash
    Come on man this is so unrealistic. While Cano is a great player no doubt, he benefits greatly from that 200ft wall you have in right field. No way would the rangers give up profar, Perez, and olt. Let alone add in Alfaro. Very very very unrealistic. I would rather have a top farm system than fall into the black hole like the Yankees have. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon. It pays to have top prospects, not give them all away for one player.

vCash
    Not really, Mariners have been linked to Upton and have been actively looking for a Bat.
    Phillies have been linked to Upton as well and now there are reports that Arizona is leaning on holding on to him.

Grienke could easily decide the Dodgers over the Rangers. As it would be more logical since the Dodgers, right now are a much better lineup, much better rotation, are in a pitcher friendly park, and are in the National league.

Hamilton is being actively pursued by the Mariners, Brewers and now apparently the Yankees are starting to get interested. They are saying that Hal would rather have him until the 2016 season than Cano until the 2020 season as it would be a marginal difference in cost for them and may outbid all other teams based on long term investment vs. short term investment and there being the same return Hal's eyes as he will be able to replace Hamilton for the same money he would be paying Cano after 2016 for a younger bat. It's the new Yankee way.

So the chances of you guys walking away empty handed are very possible barring on likely.

That's the fun in all of this... let's get creative. I understand it would suck, but it's very very likely. Thus the term "contingency plan"

Deal built around Cano... and Granderson, Hughes, Nova are all on the table.

Make an offer, come on.
    No, I think the Rangers have a better chance of landing Greinke, Upton, AND Hamilton rather then losing out on all of them. And it's still highly unlikely we end up with all three. Nobody here or in the Rangers organization want Cano.

vCash

You are now without Hamilton and without Napoli, and have lost out on both Upton and Grienke.

Make your offer.

(And Cano is not getting $30m a year. Boras can beat his chest and say that's what his client is worth but, the truth is no one will ever get an A Rod type contract until either Stanton, Harper or Trout hit the market. since each will be 26. And that is still a big if. No team will pay that.)
    Okay, Ill play along. Those are all very unlikely scenarios but even then, Cano is hardly a "must-have" option for the Rangers. With Upton and Hamilton unavailable, then OF becomes a big deal. I'd imagine the Rangers call the Marlins about Stanton (who'd I'd take over Cano any day) or Adam Jones for the Orioles (who I like a lot less). There are second tier options available too in Alex Gordon and Shin Soo Choo. Those guys would be much cheaper prospect wise and salary wise, and actually play a position of need. Only Stanton would cost Profar/Andrus type talent.

The other hole for the Rangers would be SP. A guy like David Price could be had and would definitely cost Profar. If I was JD and Cano became available, those other three guys were no longer options, then I'd build a package for Price involving Profar, move Kinsler to RF, sign a stopgap type of player for first (LaRoche comes to mind) and then build a package of Olt/Perez for Cano. The Yanks are one of several teams that simply lack the resources that would be interesting to the Rangers that might compel them to trade Profar.

vCash
    Well, Grienke is off the board. Told you LA was the logical choice...

vCash
    yeah best bet for u guys atm tbh is to resign hamilton to a 4 year deal, and trade us olt + smaller prospect for dickey, dickey is > greinke anyways and so much more cheaper, dickey would love to come to the rangers, and would do a sign and trade, u can sign him for 2 years 25-30 mil, and would have him for 3 years cuz hes only makiing 5 mil in 2013. Your other option is to sign hamilton and trade for shields but u guys would be paying a lot more for shields than dickey thats for sure, rays want A LOT. 3rd option is u trade for upton by giving Olt + something, and u sign a FA pitcher thats left, lets say Lhose, last time I checked, hamilton > upton, and dickey >>> lohse.

vCash
    How did this make 2 pages? I hope it's just everyone telling him that is the worst idea since Crystal Pepsi

vCash

Make your offer.

(And Cano is not getting $30m a year. Boras can beat his chest and say that's what his client is worth but, the truth is no one will ever get an A Rod type contract until either Stanton, Harper or Trout hit the market. since each will be 26. And that is still a big if. No team will pay that.)
    Hamilton agreed with the Angels for 5 years and $125mm. The unlikely scenario you predicted is very true right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    No, I think the Rangers have a better chance of landing Greinke, Upton, AND Hamilton rather then losing out on all of them. And it's still highly unlikely we end up with all three. Nobody here or in the Rangers organization want Cano.
    The Rangers FO has made us all fools.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Well..............

Looks like the contingency plan is in full effect right now because when you consider what they've lost vs what they've not "gained", the Rangers FO is looking like a monkey with a football at this point.....
    Last edited by waveone; 12-13-2012 at 07:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    The Rangers FO has made us all fools.
    Its so funny to go back and read all these posts. How did this even make it to two pages?

We have been so screwed over lol
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    So I guess we get what everyone on this forum wanted. We let Hamilton take the worse contract from another team. Now we are going to have to overpay and become desperate to get whatever we can. Congratulations.

The Rangers might be willing to give a three-year contract to free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche, according to Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com.
    The Rangers lost out to the Dodgers on Zack Greinke and the Angels for Josh Hamilton, so they're desperately searching for other ways to improve their roster for 2013. LaRoche, 33, hit .271/.343/.510 with 33 homers and 100 RBI in 154 games this past season for the Nationals while earning Gold Glove honors for his defense. He's only been offered two-year contracts thus far.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    So I guess we get what everyone on this forum wanted. We let Hamilton take the worse contract from another team. Now we are going to have to overpay and become desperate to get whatever we can. Congratulations.
    Key word in that was: "might" be willing to pay.

I say screw it and sign another AAA caliber backup catcher. First pick in the draft anyone???

(Please note my sarcasm)

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Key word in that was: "might" be willing to pay.

I say screw it and sign another AAA caliber backup catcher. First pick in the draft anyone???

(Please note my sarcasm)
    Might would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for a 33 year old IMO. Looks like Texas will be competing for a good draft pick net year if something drastic doesn't happen.

Perhaps they are too arrogant and too stingy and thus have rubbed people wrong.

Daniels looks more and more like an amateur who is in over his head. Excuses only go so far in the big leagues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast