Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    I guess that would be alright. Except that we've then blown a 4th overall pick on a backup guard. I'd rather trade him if they could get something decent out of him.
    I'm not ready to give up on Waiters.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Has he played well? It sounds like he hasn't impressed in college.
    In my opinion he has played great. Considering he had to take 9 weeks off this summer for an ankle injury, and then was ineligible in the beginning of the season. But since then he has been averaging 17.8 points (shooting a fg rate of 48% and almost 48% from 3), 4.8 rebounds, 1 assists, and .6 steals per game. I think in the beginning he was just rusty and he is starting to get into the grove. I think he could fill the SF spot real well.

vCash
    The problem I'd have with that is then we'd have Waiters (6'3") at SG and McLemore (6'5") at SF... both not ideal heights for their positions in my opinion. I'd rather have McLemore as a 6'5" SG and then find a 6'7"-6'9" SF.
    I think Waiters will do just fine. We knew he would take some time to develop. Remember his biggest question coming into the NBA was his 3 point shot, which he seems to have down. Give him some more time and he will adjust to the speed and skill of the NBA and he will be driving into the lane and converting like he did in Syracuse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I think Waiters will do just fine. We knew he would take some time to develop. Remember his biggest question coming into the NBA was his 3 point shot, which he seems to have down. Give him some more time and he will adjust to the speed and skill of the NBA and he will be driving into the lane and converting like he did in Syracuse
    I hope you're right... but I know he was being compared to Dwayne Wade when we drafted him... and anybody who thinks Dion Waiters looks or plays anything like Dwayne Wade needs to have their eyes checked.

vCash
    your not going to get anything for waiters. people see what we see boom or big bust... its a gamble we took not many others will..TT SUCKS

vCash
    I guess that would be alright. Except that we've then blown a 4th overall pick on a backup guard. I'd rather trade him if they could get something decent out of him.
    OKC blew the #3 pick on a 6th man in Harden. I would say they did pretty well in that return and then got added value out of him by trading him 3 years later. Also the NBA is moving to a more smaller league where you can easily play 3 Guards at times especially if all three are good in transition where they are able to run on most teams. If they have their pick though I'd still take Shabazz or Noel over McLemore to build with TT, Waiters, Zeller and Dark Knight.

Also with Waiters, give the guy some f'ing time jesus people. Worse thing about Cleveland fans, want to run anybody out of town after just 2 months. Same thing is already happening with Banner/Haslam. If you expected Waiters coming out to average 20 ppg, shot over 45% then you apparently have no idea about the guy. He will take time to establish his game to the NBA and the Cavs seem fine waiting for this as they know they want that lottery pick next year to complete their trio to build around. Chris Grant is not going to trade Dion after one year let alone 2 months like you want him to. He knows what he has in the kid and he is willing to take the early bad to hopefully get to the later good. Have some patience.

And finally with your Dwayne Wade comparison, people said that he had a ceiling that could potentially match Wades not that he already was like Wade coming out of Marquette so I don't know how you expect Waiters to already be having Dwayne Wade numbers. People really need to temper your expectations or actually do some research if you are going to blast players. Go back and look at Wade at Marquette and you can see that they clearly were two different players coming out of college when they entered the NBA where Wade was coming off two years starting at Marquette. If in 2-3 years Waiters is still playing like this then I will call it a bust but since it has ONLY been 2 months why don't we calm down on the talk about trading Waiters and actually try getting behind a young player that Cleveland brought in. I don't understand why some people root for Cleveland sports just to b$tch about them all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandspride View Post
    your not going to get anything for waiters. people see what we see boom or big bust... its a gamble we took not many others will..TT SUCKS
    How do you continue to say TT is a bust. The kid is 21 and has the potential to be a 10 and 10 guy throughout his career and its only been now a full year that he has played in the NBA since the lockout last year and the amount of games he has played this year. I think everyone needs to realize that if Cleveland had an established roster that TT would not be starting and instead be a energy/hustle guy off the bench like AV was early in his career which right now is his natural position but since the lack of depth and because the Cavs want to get the youngsters the most time to gel together everybody expects the world from this kid. Please go back and look at the #4 picks through the last 10 years and tell me one that was an all-star in their first year. Why don't we have some patience with some of these young guys instead of calling them a bust already. If they are a bust you wont know that until after 3 years. I'll eat crow in 3 years if TT is out of the league which is considered a bust but I am pretty sure he wont be. Calm your expectations and let this team grow together. I'd recommend going away for 2 years if you don't like the team right now and then come back when they are competing which seems like they continually say is their plan. We all know that TT has his deficiencies right now but to imagine that he can't work on anything and get better at anything being only 21 is just asinine. Oh wait most of you on here are just that. Call me an optimistic but I just don't understand why people like a team to continually just complain about them.

vCash
    otto they r my team as much as yours buddy.... i want to them win as bad as anyone.. TT never could score in college ... he wont here . just be cause i dont like a player doesnt mean im not a fan buddy

vCash
    otto they r my team as much as yours buddy.... i want to them win as bad as anyone.. TT never could score in college ... he wont here . just be cause i dont like a player doesnt mean im not a fan buddy
    I know that Pride but it just gets ridiculous with Cleveland fans and all the negativity. I just think you guys need to calm your expectations on this team. If you really looked at the roster at the beginning of the year and thought this was a playoff team then I feel sorry for the huge wrecking ball that hit you when the season games began. TT is a developmental project. Waiters is a developmental project. Its going to take some time to have these KIDS develop into professional basketball players. If you thought TT was going to come in and play like Dennis Rodman and Waiters like Dwayne Wade immediately then that was just unrealistic especially with the other players around them. Also I think everyone just gets to entitled about them both being #4 picks and expect the world out of them when immediatly coming out which is also unrealistic. They have a huge building block in KI which should easily become a top 5 PG in this league soon and then other nice young pieces around him. They will continue to build this thing correctly this time and the main thing I always try saying is to temper your expectations and to be patient. I know thats harder for most Cleveland fans but the Cavs did just give us fans 5 years of contending playoffs basketball and now it is time to step back and build it up again.

And I hate coming off as trying to attack you guys but a lot of what a lot of you guys say is just all negativity. Throw in something positive once in a while and it won't come across as you guys are just trolls trying to get a go out of Cavs fans even being Cavs fans. Everyone has their opinions but there has to be something positive on this team besides KI that has Cavs fans excited instead of just always saying Waiters is a bust or TT is a bust or what can we get for this guy or what can we get next year. If it comes off as negativity I guess I'm just more positive and patient than most fans where I am going to try sticking up for my team instead of constantly dogging them everyturn they give you.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 12-21-2012 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    i never said playoffss lol!!! TT to me just has nothing .. dion ill give a little time to develope

vCash
    i never said playoffss lol!!! TT to me just has nothing .. dion ill give a little time to develope
    So why do you say that TT is a bust but you will give Waiters more time? Is it the sample size of TT being bigger so far or is what are the things you don't like about his game that you can tell that he cant improve on throughout his career. Both are similiar in age and TT has shown flashes throughout his first 80 games or so that Waiters has done as well through his first 25 or so. If you are going to call a guy a bust then explain why you think he is a bust and just don't keep saying it or you will have people continually coming at you as a troll as that is all you're saying. If you explained why you think he is a bust then I would be more inclined to see what you are seeing and take that into account.

vCash
    TT is starting to show a little more promise over the past few games. I like that hook shot he's sort of developing. TT is still raw and is further along than AV was when he entered the league. That being said, AV is almost an outlier.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    TT is starting to show a little more promise over the past few games. I like that hook shot he's sort of developing. TT is still raw and is further along than AV was when he entered the league. That being said, AV is almost an outlier.
    Plus you cannot knock the kid for his work ethic. If he was playing like this and not working or trying to get better but instead in the news for partying and doing dumb shee then I would call him a bust right now but every report I read on the kid is him trying to do something to improve his game like currently working with Z on his offensive game right now, bulking up in the summer to be more physical and not taking time off.

vCash
    TT imo is to robotic in his overall game. He just looks like hes playing in the ymca league .

vCash
    "TT imo is to robotic in his overall game. He just looks like hes playing in the ymca league ."

He is regularly blocked around the rim and has an ugly shot. Needs to work on passing and dribbling. However, has shown some improvement with that runner. Still think he is going to end up as a role player off the bench. Zeller is much more polished and will be better off once he adds some weight.

Waiters will improve. Kyrie is Kyrie. Not sure how high ceiling can be with this team without an elite SF. I like Gee and Miles, but just don't think they are at a high enough level for Cavs to compete or even be in the running for playoffs. Hate to bring it up, but I will anyway. Would Lebron ever consider returning to the Cavs in 2-3 years with the young pieces in place fully developed?

Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast