Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

vCash
    Well the Cavs lost again so it's back to talking about the 2013 Draft. Maybe we can draft Cody Zeller and have the Zellers tag team against the Hansboroughs and really play out the whole WWE factor the NBA displays.
    Adam Silver I hope you're better than David Stern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Well the Cavs lost again so it's back to talking about the 2013 Draft. Maybe we can draft Cody Zeller and have the Zellers tag team against the Hansboroughs and really play out the whole WWE factor the NBA displays.
    Adam Silver I hope you're better than David Stern.
    The Zeller Foundation vs The Road Hansboroughs. I'd watch that tag match.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Should I start a 2014 Draft Thread? Looks like we're light years away. 5-21 ughhh! I don't think we were this bad last year. We've gotten worse.

vCash
    Should I start a 2014 Draft Thread? Looks like we're light years away. 5-21 ughhh! I don't think we were this bad last year. We've gotten worse.
    Did you notice that our superstar and #4 pick have been out a combined 20 games? Not to mention 13 of our losses were by single digits.

Relax Archie - lets ride the season out before we panic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    Did you notice that our superstar and #4 pick have been out a combined 20 games? Not to mention 13 of our losses were by single digits.

Relax Archie - lets ride the season out before we panic.
    I was being semi-sarcastic. And Kyrie being out is becoming the norm.

vCash
    Have gotten significantly younger though too and last year they had two legitimate scoring options opposite of Kyrie in Antawn and Ramon. This year they were expecting that scoring to come from Waiters and Miles. Miles has started to show glimpses so thats good but Waiters is still playing like a 2 month in rookie instead of a 15 year vet like Jamison is I believe. Andy started off hot just like he did last year but recently has slightly cooled off to where he was last year before he got injured. We all knew there were going to be growing pains this year and even though it sucks right now hopefully when they spend a little offseason cap money and get another early lottery pick it will all be worth it which literally seems like their goal right now to do.

Also it doesn't help that teams have a year of tape on TT now so they know how to easily shut him down.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Have gotten significantly younger though too and last year they had two legitimate scoring options opposite of Kyrie in Antawn and Ramon. This year they were expecting that scoring to come from Waiters and Miles. Miles has started to show glimpses so thats good but Waiters is still playing like a 2 month in rookie instead of a 15 year vet like Jamison is I believe. Andy started off hot just like he did last year but recently has slightly cooled off to where he was last year before he got injured. We all knew there were going to be growing pains this year and even though it sucks right now hopefully when they spend a little offseason cap money and get another early lottery pick it will all be worth it which literally seems like their goal right now to do.

Also it doesn't help that teams have a year of tape on TT now so they know how to easily shut him down.
    Which D-Leaguers will be off this team next year?

These D-League players need to be replaced with quality NBA talent: Donald Sloan, Luke Walton, Samardo Samuels, Kevin Jones, Jon Leuer

These players should come off the bench (as of now): Casspi, Gee, Gibson, Miles, Waiters, Thompson, Pargo, Zeller

These players are NBA starters: Irving, Varejao

Realistically, I see the Cavs adding two first round picks. So the 2013-14 roster may look something like this:

Starters: Irving, Waiters, 1st Round Wing Player (Muhammad, Poythress, other), TT, AV

Bench: Pargo, Miles, Gee, Zeller, Casspi, 1st Round Draft pick 2013, Samuels, Jones, Leuer, other new addition

Bye bye: Walton, Sloan, Gibson

So it looks like each year we are ridding of 3 lower level players and adding 3 higher quality players.
    Last edited by Arch Stanton; 12-19-2012 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    T T is a bust!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    The Cavs should draft Ben McLemore (6'5" SG) and trade Dion Waiters. The Raptors wanted Waiters in this last draft... trade him to them for their #1 this year. He's a short SHOOTING guard that CANT SHOOT! Draft McLemore... Trade Waiters... You're welcome Cleveland!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    The Cavs should draft Ben McLemore (6'5" SG) and trade Dion Waiters. The Raptors wanted Waiters in this last draft... trade him to them for their #1 this year. He's a short SHOOTING guard that CANT SHOOT! Draft McLemore... Trade Waiters... You're welcome Cleveland!
    They could draft him and have him play the 3 or have Waiters come off the bench like he did at Cuse. I don't see them giving up on Waiters after 1 year.

vCash
    I am a really bigger college fan then I am NBA. So I end up watching college more often and I am blown away with Shabazz Muhammad. And I can't help but think how good Muhammad would be on the Cavs, and how he would fit in with Irving and Waiters to form a three headed monster.

vCash
    They could draft him and have him play the 3 or have Waiters come off the bench like he did at Cuse. I don't see them giving up on Waiters after 1 year.
    The problem I'd have with that is then we'd have Waiters (6'3") at SG and McLemore (6'5") at SF... both not ideal heights for their positions in my opinion. I'd rather have McLemore as a 6'5" SG and then find a 6'7"-6'9" SF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    The problem I'd have with that is then we'd have Waiters (6'3") at SG and McLemore (6'5") at SF... both not ideal heights for their positions in my opinion. I'd rather have McLemore as a 6'5" SG and then find a 6'7"-6'9" SF.
    So then have Waiters come off the bench. He can also run the point and then the Cavs won't have to see Donald Sloan again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I am a really bigger college fan then I am NBA. So I end up watching college more often and I am blown away with Shabazz Muhammad. And I can't help but think how good Muhammad would be on the Cavs, and how he would fit in with Irving and Waiters to form a three headed monster.
    Has he played well? It sounds like he hasn't impressed in college.

vCash
    So then have Waiters come off the bench. He can also run the point and then the Cavs won't have to see Donald Sloan again.
    I guess that would be alright. Except that we've then blown a 4th overall pick on a backup guard. I'd rather trade him if they could get something decent out of him.

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast