Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    No but on signing night he chose Kentucky over us. It was down to Kentucky, Syracuse and Georgetown and many thought that since his best friend played with Syracuse and he had some ties there he would likely choose them. It was part of what led to the search into his recruiting by Kentucky and those around him.
    Well I'm sure if he beasts for the Cavs you'll forgive him.

vCash
    I don't hate Kentucky but I dislike Calapari.

vCash
    I would hate him all the way until he blocks a shot, runs the floor, and dunks at the other end.

vCash
    I would hate him all the way until he blocks a shot, runs the floor, and dunks at the other end.
    That's all! I'd be happy with showing me something better than what I've seen from Thompson or Zeller.

vCash
    Its December. Why don't we wait at least until April to start opening threads about the 2013 Draft. I don't mind added it into the conversation as tidbits once in a while in other threads but the fact that a thread is already opened about this is ridiculous. I understand they are playing towards a lottery pick right now in 2013 but come on guys.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    I don't think a discussion thread about prospects is that bad of an idea. I understood the frustration about the thread in the Browns forum but this seems fine. This draft is huge for the Cavs, we can't afford to miss, and we're already through 1/4 of the season. It's not like we're talking about who we need to draft like we can predict what's going to happen in June, but I personally wouldn't mind learning more about some of the guys coming out and getting some insight from other posters.

vCash
    I don't think a discussion thread about prospects is that bad of an idea. I understood the frustration about the thread in the Browns forum but this seems fine. This draft is huge for the Cavs, we can't afford to miss, and we're already through 1/4 of the season. It's not like we're talking about who we need to draft like we can predict what's going to happen in June, but I personally wouldn't mind learning more about some of the guys coming out and getting some insight from other posters.
    I get that which is why it should read 2013 Prospects. I have no problem talking about prospects but even like I think you said before it is way too early in the season to even be talking about prospects as after one month its still tough to tell what the draft will look like next year. Right now Otto Porter looks to be one of the top players in the country but can he sustain what he did in the first month for an entire year for Georgetown. Hard to tell. I don't mind the prospects board but its just so tough to think about anything with the draft at least until after the deadline as nobody knows what pieces are moving if any, what draft picks they will have if they do move anyone or move some of thiers.

I didn't mean to call you out either Arch. I like the idea of a prospect thread which is probably what you're trying to do I just got flustered by the title.

vCash
    I'm hoping to get a good look at Otto Porter once Big East play starts. I've been hearing a lot of good things about him.

vCash
    I'm hoping to get a good look at Otto Porter once Big East play starts. I've been hearing a lot of good things about him.
    I like him a lot more than Poythress right now from Kentucky just because he seems more polished especially with his perimeter game. Still want to see Tony Mitchell too in a live game as I think those three might be the best SF's prospects at this time. McAdoo seems too much like a Derrick Williams player to me that is going to be 3/4 tweener except James does do better handling the ball on the perimeter than DWill ever did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I get that which is why it should read 2013 Prospects. I have no problem talking about prospects but even like I think you said before it is way too early in the season to even be talking about prospects as after one month its still tough to tell what the draft will look like next year. Right now Otto Porter looks to be one of the top players in the country but can he sustain what he did in the first month for an entire year for Georgetown. Hard to tell. I don't mind the prospects board but its just so tough to think about anything with the draft at least until after the deadline as nobody knows what pieces are moving if any, what draft picks they will have if they do move anyone or move some of thiers.

I didn't mean to call you out either Arch. I like the idea of a prospect thread which is probably what you're trying to do I just got flustered by the title.
    Meh, it's all semantics. Look the Cavs are 4-17. I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the 2013 draft. Even before the season started no one expected them to make the playoffs. It's either this or negativity around how the Cavs are currently unwatchable, or discussing weak package ideas with fans of other teams who want Varejao. OKC Fan: "I'll give you the 30th pick of the draft and Perkins for Varejao... Come on man you won't get any better offers."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Meh, it's all semantics. Look the Cavs are 4-17. I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the 2013 draft. Even before the season started no one expected them to make the playoffs. It's either this or negativity around how the Cavs are currently unwatchable, or discussing weak package ideas with fans of other teams who want Varejao. OKC Fan: "I'll give you the 30th pick of the draft and Perkins for Varejao... Come on man you won't get any better offers."
    I guess thats true. I love talking about prospects as I love college basketball but its just tough to see where a lot of these players are going to be ranked at the end of the year just because a lot of NBA prospects are one and done and most don't start transitioning and developing to the college game until they at least get into league play. Football is different because you get 2-3 years most the time out of the top prospects unlike college basketball. Like right now Potter looks to be the best complete SF in the draft but that could change by March when guys like Poythress and Kyle Anderson have more time to develop thier games and start to gel with their teams that are also quite young.

And what, you don't like the homers coming here and offering up these great trades like we all are GM's or something that can make it happen. Hey you give me Andy V and the Nuggets will give you Wilson Chandler and yeah I'll throw in a middle first rounder as well. Let's get this done. smh. I love homers devaulue of AV so far.

vCash
    I guess thats true. I love talking about prospects as I love college basketball but its just tough to see where a lot of these players are going to be ranked at the end of the year just because a lot of NBA prospects are one and done and most don't start transitioning and developing to the college game until they at least get into league play. Football is different because you get 2-3 years most the time out of the top prospects unlike college basketball. Like right now Potter looks to be the best complete SF in the draft but that could change by March when guys like Poythress and Kyle Anderson have more time to develop thier games and start to gel with their teams that are also quite young.

And what, you don't like the homers coming here and offering up these great trades like we all are GM's or something that can make it happen. Hey you give me Andy V and the Nuggets will give you Wilson Chandler and yeah I'll throw in a middle first rounder as well. Let's get this done. smh. I love homers devaulue of AV so far.
    Very True... it is difficult to determine how it will all line up in June. I don't think anyone envisioned Damian Lillard or Dion Waiters being drafted as high as they were a year ago. I'm sure if there's some guy playing for WV, Carl will be in here overating him.

vCash
    Im liking Zeller right now. Also this is my Osu biased but Thomas has been beasting

vCash
    Its December. Why don't we wait at least until April to start opening threads about the 2013 Draft. I don't mind added it into the conversation as tidbits once in a while in other threads but the fact that a thread is already opened about this is ridiculous. I understand they are playing towards a lottery pick right now in 2013 but come on guys.
    BUT...in the Browns forum it was ok to have a draft forum in October???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    BUT...in the Browns forum it was ok to have a draft forum in October???
    I called that one out too haha. It's all about the Playoffs now in the Browns forum. Yeah I went there.

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast