Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Yeah I think he'd be better served staying in school for another year. He could really benefit from another year of developing not only the physical portions of his game but also the mental portions. He's got a lot of potential I just don't think he's ready for the NBA yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the hype of the 2014 draft scares some fringe guys into declaring early this year though.
    Im thinking both Hardaway and Burke declare this year due to that but guys like McGary and GR3 will remain for another year to become the vocal points of the team as they will need it too like you said above.

You just got me fantasizing about the 2014 draft, thanks. Looking at the potential of that draft that makes me even more interested in moving Speights this deadline if they can obtain another first rounder in 2014 for him. PLEASE AND I MEAN PLEASE A Wiggins come to FSU. If its good enough for both your parents it should be good enough for you, F UK.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Just read Chad Ford's Insider Draft Blog on the Cavs. I won't post the entire article just some snippets.

Good Fits: Narlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammed, Otto Porter, Alex Len

Noel an obvious fit. The team could use a defensive stopper, who will block shots, and run up and down the floor on a fast break. Nice complement to Zeller and gives them enough flexibility to trade AV.

Muhammed. A high motor player that is not afraid to take the big shot. Can play multiple positions and is super competitive. Could average 20 points per game at some point in his NBA career.

Len as an heir to Zydrunas. He is big, mobile, and skilled and is only scratching the surface of what he can be. If Cavs prioritize offense over defense, Len could get nod over Noel.

Porter - perfect wing man for Elite player like Irving. Not a #1 pick but could be in the mix if the Cavs fall in draft.

Questionable Fits - McLemore, Bennett

McLemore - top of the draft board but may not be right guy for Cleveland. Already have Irving, Waiters in back court and more pressing needs. Could play the 3 but a bit undersized.

Bennett - has too many similarities to TT.

Per Ford, Noel is the perfect fit in this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Just read Chad Ford's Insider Draft Blog on the Cavs. I won't post the entire article just some snippets.

Good Fits: Narlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammed, Otto Porter, Alex Len

Noel an obvious fit. The team could use a defensive stopper, who will block shots, and run up and down the floor on a fast break. Nice complement to Zeller and gives them enough flexibility to trade AV.

Muhammed. A high motor player that is not afraid to take the big shot. Can play multiple positions and is super competitive. Could average 20 points per game at some point in his NBA career.

Len as an heir to Zydrunas. He is big, mobile, and skilled and is only scratching the surface of what he can be. If Cavs prioritize offense over defense, Len could get nod over Noel.

Porter - perfect wing man for Elite player like Irving. Not a #1 pick but could be in the mix if the Cavs fall in draft.

Questionable Fits - McLemore, Bennett

McLemore - top of the draft board but may not be right guy for Cleveland. Already have Irving, Waiters in back court and more pressing needs. Could play the 3 but a bit undersized.

Bennett - has too many similarities to TT.

Per Ford, Noel is the perfect fit in this draft.
    Thanks Arch, I got a tweet update about this earlier but since it was Insider I couldn't read full so this helps.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Did anybody watch the UK game Saturday? Noel certainly looked the part.

I still don't forgive him for turning down Syracuse though

vCash

I saw the second half of the game. I just have liked him since the beginning because the Cavs interior defense is atrocious and I don't see it improving with TT, Zeller and AV and even if Speights stays on. Also defense is the hardest thing to transition to College to NBA wise where a player like Noel where that is where he stands out already I feel would not have a hard time and on the offensive end he could maintain the middle with not alot expected out of him as the set offensive plays would be ran for TT, Zeller and AV/Speights allowing him to roam and crash.

I also would like an above the rim type of player which this team does not have and a shot blocker. Two things Noel brings.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I saw the second half of the game. I just have liked him since the beginning because the Cavs interior defense is atrocious and I don't see it improving with TT, Zeller and AV and even if Speights stays on. Also defense is the hardest thing to transition to College to NBA wise where a player like Noel where that is where he stands out already I feel would not have a hard time and on the offensive end he could maintain the middle with not alot expected out of him as the set offensive plays would be ran for TT, Zeller and AV/Speights allowing him to roam and crash.

I also would like an above the rim type of player which this team does not have and a shot blocker. Two things Noel brings.
    Here are some of the highlights from his game Saturday:

The play I loved most from Noel is right around the 12 second mark. When he notices the defense over-pursuing towards the ball handler he sets a screen on the main defender forcing the defenses attention on containing the dribbler thus allowing Noel to have an open lane and an easy dunk. Very smart play and showed that his basketball IQ is getting better.

vCash
    I liked that short jump hook at the end. If he can score along with that great D then wow! trade up if we don't get #1 pick.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I liked that short jump hook at the end. If he can score along with that great D then wow! trade up if we don't get #1 pick.
    Thats whats scary about him. If he ever develops his offense and especially a jumper then he can be just as good as Anthony Davis IMO. Both are athletic, long and highly IQ'ed basketball players on the defensive end but Davis is far beyond Noel on the offensive end especially with his handle but I don't really care about that in my big man as I don't want him outside of 20 feet that much where it is a necessity. I think when all is said and done that Noel will be the #1 pick no matter who has the selection. I think the way he impacts a game on the defensive end and already being NBA ready on that end and his high ceiling will be too tempting for a team that high to pass on even with McLemore, Muhammed, Zeller, Len, Smart (his name is going to be in the top 6 discussion after the year IMO), and Potter.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    It's not really fair to compare Noel and Davis offensively either. Anthony Davis grew up playing PG and then had a freak growth spurt which is why he's so skilled for a big man. Noel will never be able to match that, but his potential is still very, very high. With the way our player development team has been able to bring TT along you have to be confident that the same can happen with a player like Noel.

vCash

Watched it from start to finish and was really impressed with Noel. Obviously he needs some work on the offensive end, but he's only a freshman in college and with some work with former NBA greats on his post game plus NBA level coaching, he'll only get better, obviously defensively hes straight beast mode...

If the Cavs fall back to the point where they cant draft him, maybe #7, I'd be willing to trade up to grab him, however he might go #1 as tho hes no Anthony Davis, hes the closest thing in this draft if you ask me, maybe a combo of our Laker pick #15/16, assuming they make the playoffs along with our lottery pick to get up to #3 to grab him if hes there, I dunno, hes my pick as of right now...would also like to see him pack on a few more pounds in the offseason and hit the weight room, with his size 6'10 and if he can put on 20lbs of muscle, hell be a force to reckon with

vCash
    Also, I suggested it before, but I would rather use our picks in the second round, unless we use them to trade up, to grab a few project guys like Deshaun Thomas or Aaron Craft and give them a shot over some D-Leaguers, really looking forward to the departures of Casspi, Gibson and Walton...I like Gibson, I'll never forget what he did in game 6 of the 2007 ECF against Detroit, raining 3s, and he's got a smokin hot wife, but he's just too inconsistent and a liability on D that he has to go, he's not part of the future, but hell be remember fondly in the past...

vCash
    I have not heard Anthony Davis name since the draft. He hurt?
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    He's had some injury issues this year but when he's played he's been productive and very efficient. He's going to be a stud for a long time in this league.

vCash
    ESPN making a big deal about LeBron's 13/14 night, all 13 shots were either layups or two feet from the basket put ins, Larry Legend did it too, but you know at least half his shots were jump shots, it was a great night, but hes automatic on those shots and it wasn't anything spectacular IMO, but you know ESPN

I sure hope the front office has a backup plan and isn't putting all their eggs in the "Prodigal Son Returns" basket, I think it could go either way, and if anything the Decision destroyed expectations of player loyalty for me...if Noel goes first and we have a shot at a good SF at our spot, I hope they don't pass him up because they want to keep the position open for Bron...and if not LeBron, who do you guys think we can get as a max free agent in 2014 to pair with Kyrie? Also, I think Kyrie needs a nickname, I like Uncle Drew, but LeBron had his skits "The LeBrons," Uncle Drew is a character he plays, but I think Kyrie needs a slick nickname ala Kobe being the Black Mamba, something with his clutchness and being ice cold, maybe Kid Klutch, don't like Mr. Freeze, I dunno, in lieu of posting the silly ideas I'm thinking right now I'll let you guys offer some ideas and I'll get back with some more thought...dont get me wrong I like Uncle Drew, but its just a character he plays and its just funny, not cool or deadly, I like Paul Pierce's "The Truth" Brain Scalabrine is now the "White Mamba" Josh Smith J-Smoove Jason Terry "Jet" Shawn Marion "The Matrix" Serge Ibaka "Serge I-Block-A" Andrei Kirilenko "AK47" Marcin Gortat "The Polish Hammer," whom I would love to have on the Cavs BTW...

vCash
    Yeah he missed a lot of time in November and early December. Then they limited his minutes in January because of ankle issues. He still has been filling up the stat sheet when he does play where he is averaging 13 ppg, 7.6 rbg, 1.8 bpg, 1.2 spg, and shooting 53% from the field. I think he is kind of coming into his own just like Kyrie last year where the NBA world isn't really paying attention to him because he is on a bad Pelicans team and he hasn't really had a signature game to this point due to the injuries. Last year people didn't really realize KI's potential and ballplaying till he went off in the Rising Stars game. Maybe Davis will do something then to announce himself.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast