Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I think if they keep Andy next year then they can take BPA without that being a PG of course. If they do end up moving Andy somehow in the next 6 months then I feel an impact big is the biggest need with the first overall pick. Right now I would take Shabazz if they keep Andy and if they move him then I am taking Noel all day. Also with Noel he impacts the defensive side of the floor especially inside that is very necessary with this team right now as TT is good on the offensive glass but still struggles on the defensive side and gets pushed around too often down low as well as Zeller. Plus they have no shot blocking presence in the paint that other offenses have to plan for. But the scoring on the other floor is definately needed as well which should have been Waiters job.
    If they move Andy then I would expect them at the very least to get another top lotto pick. In that case I'd still take a wing first (we still need scoring) then grab a C. This draft looks to be C heavy.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    I like Bennett, Alex Len,Ben McLemore, where we will probably be picking in the first.
    Archie Goodwin or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope for second first round Pick.
    DeShaun Thomas and Oleksandr Lypovyy in the second

I really see it Being McLemore with our first pick though.
    Last edited by carlessyen; 07-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    You just love doing Mock Drafts dont ya. Anyways if you think the Cavs are coming out of the draft with four players then I think you will be surprised come June. At most they will come out with 3 but more than likely I can see them coming out with just two like they did last season. Can't add 4 rookies to this still young of a team especially if two are not going to see the floor anytime like you have with Thomas and Olynyk here. That would kill their development and the Cavs don't have the luxury to draft rookies and stick them in the D-League like other teams have. They need two impact players out of this draft and that is why I can see them moving the second rounders again to move up and get the two impact players they need.
    I do like mocks, because I watch a lot of colleges. And I don't think we will come out of the draft with 4 players. But as of now without knowing the orders, might as well mock it. Plus honestly we should draft 4 players, to get some actual talent on the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I do like mocks, because I watch a lot of colleges. And I don't think we will come out of the draft with 4 players. But as of now without knowing the orders, might as well mock it. Plus honestly we should draft 4 players, to get some actual talent on the bench
    Hopefully in the offseason the bench will be added through veteran FA's and guys like Zeller/Miles/Gee that should be on playoff benches and not starting for inexperienced lottery teams. If thats the case then you really only need 1 impact starter at the 3 to hopefully go with AV, TT, Wait and KI and then the second 1st round pick can be another hustle/energy/defensive big off the bench if AV is not traded. Remember most successful teams only run 9/10 man lineups in the NBA and don't go 13-15 deep. Thats why drafting 4 guys is not necessary as most of the time they will be riding the pine and not developing/progressing. Why do you think Jeremy Lamb who would be a everyday player for the Cavs is in the D-League for the Thunder. Because they have the roster where he is not necessary at this point but instead just a luxury that they don't want to sit and only practice but instead get actual game time to improve his game througout the season in case of an injury, etc to a Thunder roster player.

Also please tell me the last time a 2nd round pick has really made an immediate impact or even a contribution off the bench for a playoff team. Chandler Parsons last year is playing well in Houston but not a playoff team last year. Isaiah Thomas is good for Sac but we all know Sac's history. Nothing this year in the second round has really done anything besides Jeff Taylor starting for Charlotte. I literally have to go all the way back to 2009 to find Dajuan Blair and Danny Green to give that answer.

I understand you mocking though 4 players because they have those picks at this point and its hard to speculate what will and wont happen but like I said I am hoping that this team does not come out of next years draft with 4 players as that will speak volumes at least to me that they feel they are still very far away from developing and contending with this team. I did like the players you mocked though.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    I understand you mocking though 4 players because they have those picks at this point and its hard to speculate what will and wont happen but like I said I am hoping that this team does not come out of next years draft with 4 players as that will speak volumes at least to me that they feel they are still very far away from developing and contending with this team. I did like the players you mocked though.
    I don't want 4 players either. At most I would want 3 (and that's only if they trade AV for a high lottery pick after the season). I really am liking Muhammad still. And think he can become that scoring 3 we need, or if LBJ comes back (which I really don't want) Muhammad could play the 2 and have Waiters come off the bench or the other way around. I would love to grab Archie Goodwin with the second pick. I believe Goodwin would be the third man in our back court rotation, and a scoring threat off the bench.

If we do trade AV on draft night the two guys I would be interested in would be Willie Cauley-Stein. He is slated to go anywhere from 7-15. The more I watch the kid play, and research him the more I think he will end up being the gem of this draft, and would fit in really nice next to TT.
    Last edited by ClevelandFan11; 01-17-2013 at 03:27 AM.

vCash
    I am a big proponent for drafting Cody Zeller. Not many people think he is a franchise player, and he probably isn't. But I think the Cavaliers can get more out of him that any other team because Tyler is on the team. Why would you not go out and compete your hardest against your older brother? He would be comfortable here, and we would have two 7 foot brothers plus TT in the paint. Sounds very appealing.

I also really like Nerlens Noel, but his attitude scares me. He isn't what one would call a "team-player". I think Zeller is more offensively set also, and I do not want to deal with any Demarcus Cousins BS.

I know this particular comment is going to get some critics attention and some face palm smileys, but I am skeptical about taking Shabazz Muhammed for fear of scaring away LeBron in 2014, and this team has defensive issues. What better way to address it be getting another 7 foot center. That will protect the paint.
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I would love to grab Archie Goodwin with the second pick.
    This draft is so weak, he would never fall that far. IF he even comes out.
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cle12152433 View Post
    I am a big proponent for drafting Cody Zeller. Not many people think he is a franchise player, and he probably isn't. But I think the Cavaliers can get more out of him that any other team because Tyler is on the team. Why would you not go out and compete your hardest against your older brother? He would be comfortable here, and we would have two 7 foot brothers plus TT in the paint. Sounds very appealing.

I also really like Nerlens Noel, but his attitude scares me. He isn't what one would call a "team-player". I think Zeller is more offensively set also, and I do not want to deal with any Demarcus Cousins BS.

I know this particular comment is going to get some critics attention and some face palm smileys, but I am skeptical about taking Shabazz Muhammed for fear of scaring away LeBron in 2014, and this team has defensive issues. What better way to address it be getting another 7 foot center. That will protect the paint.
    How about Ben McClemore? The dirt on Shabazz is that he may be a bit undersized for a SF.

vCash
    The most impressed I've been by a prospect thus far is McLemore. I've been able to catch a few of his games and he has a ton of talent and upside. I haven't seen enough of Muhammad yet to really form a legitimate opinion. I wouldn't mind Noel. He's the type of player that can be productive and fill a need while still developing into his potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cle12152433 View Post

Did you just put Cody Zeller and "Protect the Paint" in the same comment? Cody Zeller is a nice complimentary player kind of like his brother but he is not physical or strong enough to be considered someone that would protect the paint nor athletic enough NBA wise. The kid already gets pushed off the block from stronger players in college, I would hate to think of how bad he would get pushed around in the NBA by stronger, more physical players on a nightly basis. If they are picking in the first three next year where they should be I would hope they would add an impact player and not just a complimentary player/big as they already have that in Tyler Zeller. And please don't start this, Cavs will get more out of him because his brother is here stuff. If he wanted to be so comfortable playing with his brother then why didn't he go to UNC instead of Indiana to play with him in Tyler's senior year? I do like the kids offensive game, IQ for a big man and the way he runs the floor but if they keep Andy next year I really don't see what the need for another complimentary big when that is basically what Andy and Zeller already are. All three guys are closely the same in that facet where Andy is just a little more athletic sadly on the offensive end than the Zeller boys at least when healthy. Rather have Alex Lin over Cody Zeller at this time.

I don't get this Nerlens Noel "team-player" cancer schtick either. I see a kid that has a lot of confidence in himself and his abilities and is frustrated by losing. If he has come out and openly criticized either the team or coaches or anything I have yet to hear about it so maybe you can help me with that as that is the only thing I feel that can be considered not a "team-player" considered barely anything is ran for him on the offensive end and he is always playing/hustling when I watch UK especially on the defensive end which the Cavs badly need right now from a big. Kid hasn't gotten into trouble with the law, hasn't had any academic issues so I don't know where that is coming from. Also when you talk about someone "Protecting the Paint" this is the kid that would do it coming out of college. Also from everything I have read about the kid I have no idea where you are getting your argument besides probably just your personal distain for the kid.

Our thanks to @nerlensnoel3 for stopping by our Lexington Basketball League tonight. Always great to see him.twitpic.com/bvbqpt

— Special Olympics KY (@sokentucky) January 15, 2013
    We talk about high character guys, and last year was full of them, but I don’t think it gets much better than Nerlens. It’s apparent that he goes above and beyond what’s expected of a college ball player to give back to those who look up to him, especially kids. Be dissatisfied with their record all you want, it’s hard to be upset with this level of integrity. I appreciate, as I’m sure a bunch of others do as well, that even in the midst of a rough season, the Cats give BBN plenty of reasons to be proud of their team. Noel has done more than most to give us that.

He’s like Kentucky’s Tim Tebow, but with better hair.
    http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=125540

I do agree witht the assessment of Shabazz though on the other hand. Watching him vs Oregon he just seems very disinterested when the ball is not in his hands and seems to think that everything on the offensive end needs to run through him. I would much rather keep Gee and Miles at the three next season and draft McLemore if they were going to go wing player than Shabazz at this moment not hoping for Lebron but rather getting the better overall player even if at a position they just used a #4 pick on last year. Sooner or later with all of these draft picks they are going to have to draft over position and the possibility of Waiters being the 6th man (ie what he did in college and following the Harden route) with McLemore starting and even having KI, Wait and Ben on the floor at the same time when they go small is very intriguing to me. Their are a lot of NBA teams that are already running 3 guard sets that work (Love the way they run it in Houston with Harden, Lin and Toney Douglas).
    Last edited by ottograham14; 01-24-2013 at 09:21 AM.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    If I was running the draft right now I my mock would look like this:

1a) Nerlens Noel
    1b) After a trade up from Miami's pick using the other two second rounders - Glenn Robinson III.

I really like GR3's game. He is a little too unselfish right now with Michigan but I am ok with that as he is playing with upperclassmen in Burke and Hardaway Jr. Reminds me a lot of Igoudala as he can defend either against 2 or 3's on the NBA level, has a lot of explosivness and physical strength that allows him to outrebound bigger guys, runs the floor very well, and is an above the rim type of player. He is a very efficient scorer when he wants to be, understands the game and grew up around the game, and has very nice form on his shots. I think he could be a middle of the 1st round steal if he does indeed come out.

Two impact players that are above the rim players which this team needs badly that also seem like they could easily transition to the Cavs biggest issue right now and that is the defensive side of the ball. Both with loads of potential as well.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Right now I'd go McLemore, Muhammad, then Noels.

vCash
    A few weeks ago I was loving the Lakers struggles and laughing at their fanbase, now I couldn't be a bigger fan. I hope they turn things around and make the playoffs as the #8 seed in the west. Odds are they will be better than the 8 seed in the east, but if they do make the playoffs, we'll be able to swap firsts with our Heat pick and potentially have our pick plus the 16th or 17th pick rather than picking last in the 1st round when the Heat win again, so come on Lakers, make the playoffs and enjoy a 1st round exit haha
    "What is dead may never die."

Browns - Cavs - Indians - Buckeyes - Cardinals - Bills - Sabres

vCash
    No doubt, man. They have looked good the past two games with Kobe doing a much better job of distributing the basketball. Getting a win against the Thunder like they did today could prove to be a big step in the right direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_color_finn View Post
    A few weeks ago I was loving the Lakers struggles and laughing at their fanbase, now I couldn't be a bigger fan. I hope they turn things around and make the playoffs as the #8 seed in the west. Odds are they will be better than the 8 seed in the east, but if they do make the playoffs, we'll be able to swap firsts with our Heat pick and potentially have our pick plus the 16th or 17th pick rather than picking last in the 1st round when the Heat win again, so come on Lakers, make the playoffs and enjoy a 1st round exit haha
    It does make it interesting. I never thought I would root for teams like the Lakers and Kings to win and hope in 2 years a small market team like the Grizzlies are losing and winning enough to be in the 6-15 range. I still think the Lakers can turn it around and at least make the 8 seed but the West is pretty tough this year. Kings I have lost all hope for and unless when their move to Seattle happens and they find the second comings on Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton and Detlef then the Cavs are looking at the Kings 2017 second round pick. Maybe some naive team will be out there though that thinks the Kings can make a run and will take on the draft pick in a trade with Cleveland.

This Guy is Ready!!!

Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast