Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

fire casey, hire SVG!!!!

If stan van gundy is avaialble i think we should def go after him. casey is a likable coach but a young team needs a vet coach imo.

vCash
    I agree, it would be nice to have both though
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    No.

In order for SVG's offensive system to work: we would need A) a big man down-low who is capable of offensive rebounding and pubacks (alas Dwight Howard), and B) 4 other shooters who are capable of shooting 3's on the floor. Both of which we don't have. Also, let's not forget he's a horrible coach when it comes to defense. The only reason he was able to tread water with the Magic for multiple seasons was because he had the DPOY on his side (Howard) for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If stan van gundy is avaialble i think we should def go after him. casey is a likable coach but a young team needs a vet coach imo.
    i can't tell if this is a joke thread or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I love the Van Gundys. If you can get one of them to sign here then I am in. s&w can you get stan to sign here?

vCash
    Not going to happen. SVG will be signed by the time Casey's contract expires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    I agree, it would be nice to have both though
    if Casey could be the assistant it would be an ideal situation but I don't think he would accept that realistically ... But I'm with you there

Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    No.

In order for SVG's offensive system to work: we would need A) a big man down-low who is capable of offensive rebounding and pubacks (alas Dwight Howard), and B) 4 other shooters who are capable of shooting 3's on the floor. Both of which we don't have. Also, let's not forget he's a horrible coach when it comes to defense. The only reason he was able to tread water with the Magic for multiple seasons was because he had the DPOY on his side (Howard) for years.
    I'm guessing your not a fan ? Svg does have a ring. he is a good coach plus who's to say j Val isn't the next big thing when it comes to C's ... I love the way he plays .. Also having better shooters wouldn't hurt lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i can't tell if this is a joke thread or not.
    No it's not a joke.. My bad I made the thread quickly before I left work...

I was at work talking about this with some co workers and we all agreed that we like Casey and he is a decent head coach but we also agreed that there are better coaches to be had for a young team like ours ... I personally love both gundys ... just wanted to see what u guys thought about it

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I love the Van Gundys. If you can get one of them to sign here then I am in. s&w can you get stan to sign here?
    Yes ... Yes I can bob lol .... I think he is a good coach and how things ended in Orlando shouldn't make him an after thought... For all I know he would turn us down but I'd love for b.c to try for him

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Not going to happen. SVG will be signed by the time Casey's contract expires.
    Its possible .. Where do u think he will land ?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-07-2012 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    Fire... Casey.. It's not working clearly and he has a good deal of the blame... This team needs a thorough makeover and a part of that is a head coach with a resume. The only credibility this team ever had was with Lenny Wilkins who was the 2nd winningest coach in NBA history so they should go down that route again.

vCash
    Casey offence is terrible..... Only surpassed by the lack of defense being played this year! I really don't know why I feel the need to have my heart ripped out every two days while watching this Raps team!

vCash
    No it's not a joke.. My bad I made the thread quickly before I left work...

I was at work talking about this with some co workers and we all agreed that we like Casey and he is a decent head coach but we also agreed that there are better coaches to be had for a young team like ours ... I personally love both gundys ... just wanted to see what u guys thought about it
    i only ask cause i thought it was you the other day that said "i'd hate to work for all of y'all, there's lot of new faces and it's early in the season and y'all want him fired" or something to that effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Its possible .. Where do u think he will land ?
    Not 100% sure who's contract expires this year in the league. But I think he'll replace someone who's contract expires.

vCash
    he can probably find a better job than this

vCash
    again, still dont understand all the casey hate. its the PLAYERS that suck.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Red Aeurbach couldn't get this group of guys out of the basement, so what would firing casey do? there are some pieces here, but they still need to develop. a lot of us are so mad but really, BEST CASE scenario at the start of the year was FIGHTING for a playoff spot. not MAKING the playoffs. i myself thought we'd be a shoe in, obviously i, and the rest of us were DEAD wrong

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast